GUILTY OH - Sharice Swain, 29, & Kymshia Ruffin, 2, die in altercation, 17 May 2012

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Stabbed Ohio woman's mother: Attacker was a friend (AP/Daily Oklahoman)
CLEVELAND (AP) — A woman allegedly stabbed by her best friend during an argument while sitting behind the wheel of a car tried to drive away and struck her attacker's 2-year-old daughter, authorities said Friday. The woman and the girl both died.

The toddler's mother, Kimberly Black, 29, of Cleveland, was found naked several blocks away and was arrested.

The death of Sharice Swain, 29, of Cleveland, was being investigated as a homicide. Police identified the other victim as Kimshia Ruffin.
---
The women were "best friends since birth" and Swain considered Black a cousin, according to the victim's mother, Anita Swain.
---
Nikki Randall, 30, whose daughter goes to school with the suspect's 6-year-old daughter, said neighbors who went to the aid of Sharice Swain think Black was the intended target of the revving vehicle.
---
The arrest occurred in an impoverished neighborhood a half block away from the location of the now-demolished house where the remains of 11 murdered women were found in 2009.
---
much more at link above

A sad story. It is sort of interesting to me that this happened half a block away from where Anthony Sowell murdered 11 women. I have encountered at least 2 places in my lifetime that have the sort of energy where this kind of tragedy would occur. One was a bridge that ended up being the site a killer dumped the body of a little girl he abducted and murdered back in the 1980's from Liberty, South Carolina. The second p[ace is an area I drive by frequently, and it just feels "wrong" to be there. I have often asked myself if it is the area that makes the people the way they are, or do the people cause the area to be the way it is?

But why was she naked? Was she covered in blood or trying to hide her involvement? That's be hard to do seeing as her child was killed. What a weird story.

I'm wondering how much drugs influenced what happened. Knifing your best friend, stripping your clothes off, running away when your child was just hit with a car. It just smells like drug fueled.

A sad story. It is sort of interesting to me that this happened half a block away from where Anthony Sowell murdered 11 women. I have encountered at least 2 places in my lifetime that have the sort of energy where this kind of tragedy would occur. One was a bridge that ended up being the site a killer dumped the body of a little girl he abducted and murdered back in the 1980's from Liberty, South Carolina. The second p[ace is an area I drive by frequently, and it just feels "wrong" to be there. I have often asked myself if it is the area that makes the people the way they are, or do the people cause the area to be the way it is?

I've often wondered about this myself. There do seem to be "areas" that are more conducive to violence and tragedy than others - have they been cursed? It would be interesting to trace the history of such places.

I've often wondered about this myself. There do seem to be "areas" that are more conducive to violence and tragedy than others - have they been cursed? It would be interesting to trace the history of such places.

Not cursed. It just reflects the type of people who tend to live in those sorts of areas.

I know what you mean. It could be both IMO. People leave their negative energy behind and that affects the spiritual equilibrium of current occupants.

I'll be interested to see what kind of charges the 'mother' gets. AFAIC, she's responsible for the death of her baby girl as well because instead of protecting her children by bringing them inside when the argument started, she retrieved a knife to escalate the situation.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and predict this was a drug transaction gone wrong. I hope the surviving child goes to a safe environment and gets a fighting chance at life.

What types of people would those be? Poor people? Victims?

People that get high on drugs and kill other people as well as people that hang out with criminals and drug abusers.

People that get high on drugs and kill other people as well as people that hang out with criminals and drug abusers.
The vast majority of people in those areas would then be the victims of the above, in one way or another.

You know I never really "felt" an aura of a place or "felt evil" until about 8 years ago. I was in a slave camp settlement on the slave route across west Africa in Ghana and it was almost stifling. You couldn't breathe, and the amount of evil was just pressing itself against you, it was the worst thing I've ever felt. <-and I don't think it was brought on by any sort of sign or manmade reminder since really there was nothing there, there were no signs no monuments to tel you what happened there, but oh you could feel it.

You know I never really "felt" an aura of a place or "felt evil" until about 8 years ago. I was in a slave camp settlement on the slave route across west Africa in Ghana and it was almost stifling. You couldn't breathe, and the amount of evil was just pressing itself against you, it was the worst thing I've ever felt. <-and I don't think it was brought on by any sort of sign or manmade reminder since really there was nothing there, there were no signs no monuments to tel you what happened there, but oh you could feel it.

If no one told you that it was a slave camp settlement then it would look just like ten thousand other run down settlements, of which there are a great many in Africa. It "felt" evil because someone told you what it was. There was no presence you could feel, only the knowledge that someone told you. Then again, they could have just been making it up for the tourist and you were getting shivers from the local prison.

What types of people would those be? Poor people? Victims?

The people who live on the margins of society, the ones who can't cut it otherwise, the ones who don't have the social graces to live in a civilized manner. That is who lives there.

You don't see the sort of trailer trash OMG crazy kind of crimes at even remotely the same kind of levels in middle class or affluent areas. It is usually the run down armpits of America where most of that sort of crime happens.

The people who live on the margins of society, the ones who can't cut it otherwise, the ones who don't have the social graces to live in a civilized manner. That is who lives there.

You don't see the sort of trailer trash OMG crazy kind of crimes at even remotely the same kind of levels in middle class or affluent areas. It is usually the run down armpits of America where most of that sort of crime happens.

I really hope I dont get slammed for agreeing with you as it seems to be politically incorrect to say these type of things these days. But the bare, sad, lets just cut the BS talk is that it is true. I do find it sad as it seems to be a viscous circle.

Since it's not relevant I won't go into a huge amount of details but no I did not know at the time of the original incident what was there, nor was a tourist.

grr: for some reason that was supposed to quote Tugela's post, but didn't. Sorry!! :)

I'll never forget years ago, when I was about 18 so maybe 1976, my friends and I were driving around being teens when we thought it would be a good idea to drive by the home where Sharon Tate and others were murdered. I will never forget getting to the street, Cielo Drive and being physically unable to turn my wheel to go on the street. It was as if the steering wheel was locked. We all felt an evil presence, almost a physical presence and none of us could talk. We just got as far away from there as possible.
I heard that the house has been torn down and the address has been changed but I doubt that did anything to get rid of the negative energy in that area.

From December 2012:

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2012/12/sentencings_trials_and_arraign_43.html

Kimberly Black, 30, of Cleveland: Sentenced Tuesday by Judge Joan Synenberg to 33 years to life in prison for killing 29-year-old Sharice Swain May 17 and causing the death of Black's 2-year-old daughter, Kymshia Ruffin.

The women were drinking alcohol in a car in the driveway of Black's home on East 125th Street, where they had just smoked cigarettes laced with PCP. Black became paranoid, pulled out a razor blade and slit Swain's throat. Black got out of the car and Swain, losing consciousness, drove into Black's daughter.

Black pleaded guilty to aggravated murder, murder and two counts of endangering children.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back