IN - Josiah Shaw, 13 mos, killed in Gary carjacking, 28 Jan 2008

Dena

Reaction score
I can't even imagine the pain.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/gary.deadly.carjacking.2.640255.html

GARY, Ind. (CBS) ― Police in Gary, Ind., are searching for a carjacker who shot and killed a baby boy and injuring his mother, and the city's mayor says "there will be no rest, peace or tranquility" until the suspect is caught.

As of 11 a.m., police said they were questioning someone, but have no charges in the case. They also said a shooting in a carjacking is very rare in Gary.

the boy, 13-month-old Josiah Shaw, was pronounced dead around 10 p.m. at the Methodist Hospitals in Gary. Police say he was shot in the face.

I hope they catch quick. I wonder if it's someone she knew? Almost sounds personal to me. Even LE stated shooting in carjacking is very rare. My guess is perp. knows mom. Poor little boy.

I wonder if maybe the baby was crying and that is why he was shot? I just don't get what could cause someone to hurt an innocent baby. Was the car that important?

I hope they catch quick. I wonder if it's someone she knew? Almost sounds personal to me. Even LE stated shooting in carjacking is very rare. My guess is perp. knows mom. Poor little boy.

I think so too. It doesn't make sense to shoot the baby especially in the face if he just wanted the car. Most would maybe throw the baby out but not shoot him. Poor little guy.

Gotta a feeling we're going to find out this shooting is by bf, or baby's daddy. Mom's in critical condition & was in surgery, don't think he meant her to live either. Going with gut feeling. IMO

Why kill that poor baby? Why not just put him out of the car? What kind of person can do this? Someone with a very evil soul! :furious: There will be a special place in He!! for these types of people.

Police in Gary, Ind., are searching for a carjacker who shot and killed a baby boy and injuring his mother, and the city's mayor says "there will be no rest, peace or tranquility" until the suspect is caught.

As CBS 2 Northwest Indiana Bureau Chief Pamela Jones reports, detectives Tuesday evening are questioning the baby's father about the Monday night shooting.

Investigators working on this case tell CBS 2 police have been questioning the father of 15-month-old Josiah Shaw, who was killed in the carjacking, and that they're looking into whether a dispute over child support somehow led to this violence.

Police in Gary, Ind., are searching for a carjacker who shot and killed a baby boy and injuring his mother, and the city's mayor says "there will be no rest, peace or tranquility" until the suspect is caught.

As CBS 2 Northwest Indiana Bureau Chief Pamela Jones reports, detectives Tuesday evening are questioning the baby's father about the Monday night shooting.

Investigators working on this case tell CBS 2 police have been questioning the father of 15-month-old Josiah Shaw, who was killed in the carjacking, and that they're looking into whether a dispute over child support somehow led to this violence.

Bet he did it!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

A baby can't point a finger to identify anyone, so the killing was personal for some reason. Senseless..

There are so many guys that would rather kill their children then pay child support. Seems everything that happens revolves around money. What is wrong with these guys. If they didn't want to worry about child support then they should have used protection instead of killing the babies. Their little babies didn't mean a thing to them. I sure don't understand it at all. Most don't even look back either and probably blame the mom for the murder! "If she hadn't been threatening me with child support I wouldn't have had to do that." Worthless garbage...everyone of them.

Gary, Indiana --
Kwana Shaw is in critical condition from a single gunshot wound that destroyed her lung.

Her 13-month-old son is dead, shot twice -- in the face and groin -- by a carjacker who left the woman's car a few blocks from the abduction, Gary police Lt. Del Stout said Tuesday.

Police believe the child's father may have left his job at ArcelorMittal's Burns Harbor plant Monday night to meet Shaw, 29, of Schererville, about 7 p.m. at a friend's house in the Lancaster Homes complex, 21st and Virginia.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/p...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Gotta a feeling we're going to find out this shooting is by bf, or baby's daddy. Mom's in critical condition & was in surgery, don't think he meant her to live either. Going with gut feeling. IMO

Carjackers don't usually kill children. They don't kill babies. Maybe toss them out the car, but not kill them. Not in Philly anyway. I figured it was a dude angry at the mom, but the kids dad?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back