The Pontiac - "Revisted" #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. You have a stranger who owns a towyard. Then you have grandparents who were practically parents who hadn't seen a baby in a month, one of whom is former LE, the other of whom is a R.N., both of whom knew they were smelling decomp, and both of whom knew their daughter had been crossing serious boundaries and committing crimes for years. IMO it's bizarre under those circumstances that they weren't on the phone to LE screaming their heads off.
I agree with you that we disagree. I don't think KC did anything prior that was remotely close to murder and I cannot imagine any parent jumping to that conclusion that their child murdered her child from the get go without checking into it further. Remember this was their first exposure to the car and the smell. The minute CA heard that KC did not know where Caylee was, she picked up the phone and called the police and reported it and the smell.
As previously posted, I do not support much of the A's behavior beyond this, but their intial actions seem in line to me.

Thank you,that is good and I think someone posted that earlier. but does it tell us when Beasly did that? I mean what time? can we deduce it from other info. I am tyring to put a mini timeline together for the mythbuster to put this issue to bed!
Wasn't sure if it had been recently posted or not but I may have missed reading through earlier posts..

Surely there has to be a record of the time the car was taped off!

Hhmmmm...

Wasn't sure if it had been recently posted or not but I may have missed reading through earlier posts..

Surely there has to be a record of the time the car was taped off!

Hhmmmm...
beane says the time has been posted so I am looking for it.

I agree with you that we disagree. I don't think KC did anything prior that was remotely close to murder and I cannot imagine any parent jumping to that conclusion that their child murdered her child from the get go without checking into it further. Remember this was there first exposure to the car and the smell. The minute CA heard that KC did not know where Caylee was, she picked up the phone and called the police and reported it and the smell.
As previously posted, I do not support much of the A's behavior beyond this, but their intial actions seem in line to me.

BBM.

Agreed. The initial reactions of the A family may be the only true and honest
actions we will see from them, IMO, because once they seemed to come to the realization that KC was in deep doody this time, they went into protective mode. I do not blame them for going into protective mode, but do completely disagree with the way they chose to protect their own.

FWIW...

George's original statement indicated that Cindy was in the garage crying when he arrived @ 9:50PM 7/15. No comment 'bout Lee or Casey being in the garage @ that time.

Handwritten Pg. 38 of originally released docs is George's statement @ 9:30PM 7/16 that LE 'removed' the Pontiac. Now...of course, LE didn't tow the car until 7/17. But, FWIW, @ 9:30PM George's statement suggests is when LE secured the car. IIRC, when LE came to tow it on 7/17 it was parked @ the curb, whence it was inventoried by the LEO. I would have to re-read that LEO's report, but, IIRC, it was the LEO on 7/17 that makes a comment in the report about the car being sealed. Whether or not it was sealed when he arrived...or he/she sealed it 7/17 (methinks from memory it is the latter)...should be determined by that report.

FYI...Yuri's report was printed ~7:30PM on 7/16 and mentioned George's comment to him that Casey was withholding info when Casey was dropped back @ the house.. Since Yuri was contacted ~00:45AM 7/16 and Casey was dropped off after her initial ride around that morning, it must have been in the wee hours of the morning 7/16...I won't quote a time w/o looking it up.

Yuri et.al. sent for Casey to be picked up again @ 12:30PM on 7/16 whence the Universal charade ensued.

FWIW...

George's original statement indicated that Cindy was in the garage crying when he arrived @ 9:50PM 7/15. No comment 'bout Lee or Casey being in the garage @ that time.

Handwritten Pg. 38 of originally released docs is George's statement @ 9:30PM 7/16 that LE 'removed' the Pontiac. Now...of course, LE didn't tow the car until 7/17. But, FWIW, @ 9:30PM George's statement suggests is when LE secured the car. IIRC, when LE came to tow it on 7/17 it was parked @ the curb, whence it was inventoried by the LEO. I would have to re-read that LEO's report, but, IIRC, it was the LEO on 7/17 that makes a comment in the report about the car being sealed. Whether or not it was sealed when he arrived...or he/she sealed it 7/17 (methinks from memory it is the latter)...should be determined by that report.

FYI...Yuri's report was printed ~7:30PM on 7/16 and mentioned George's comment to him that Casey was withholding info when Casey was dropped back @ the house.. Since Yuri was contacted ~00:45AM 7/16 and Casey was dropped off after her initial ride around that morning, it must have been in the wee hours of the morning 7/16...I won't quote a time w/o looking it up.

Yuri et.al. sent for Casey to be picked up again @ 12:30PM on 7/16 whence the Universal charade ensued.
okay now i am really confused!

FWIW...

Lee and KC were in the garage because LE separated them from GA and CA when they took GA/CA's statements. Hence, George wouldn't have seen Lee/KC in the garage when he arrived home.

And now I'm totally confused on the time because when researched the tow time today from JWG's document and Yuri's investigative report that I posted it looked to me like the car was in the forensics garage by about 7:30pm 7/16.

Where are you seeing 7/17 as the tow date, Bond?

ETA: it's a female, Detective Beasley, who sealed the car at Yuri's direction. From the investigative report from Yuri that I posted earlier today.

I know the CSI report says 7/16, but, believe that is a typo. I don't have original 400pgs handy, but, IIRC the impound doc is ~pg 376'ish.

ETA: I believe the sequence of events was:

1) LE Recovered the trash bag from tow yard dumpster ~9:30PM
2) LE Arrived @ G&C's ~9:45PM to secure the car (as indicated by George's statement, but, he says 9:30PM)
3) LE snapped the digital pic of the sideyard ~9:50PM

I'm off by a few mins +/- I'm sure.

...and I'll be the first to admit I could be wrong on tow = 7/17, but, I do recall looking this up before...on an earlier Pontiac thread ;)

BTW...my connectivity is very poor this PM and I have to pack up for a trip in the morning. Another reference you can check is the K9 report where Gerus works the Pontiac. I don't recall if the Pontiac was gone over by Gerus @ G&C's or in the forensics garage...but...the handlers report is in the docs and it will also have a date & timestamp on it too. The K9's didn't work the backyard until the late afternoon of 7/17. HTH. Gotta scoot!

Lee and KC were in the garage because LE separated them from GA and CA when they took GA/CA's statements. Hence, George wouldn't have seen Lee/KC in the garage when he arrived home.

And now I'm totally confused on the time because when researched the tow time today from JWG's document and Yuri's investigative report that I posted it looked to me like the car was in the forensics garage by about 7:30pm 7/16.

Where are you seeing 7/17 as the tow date, Bond?

ETA: it's a female, Detective Beasley, who sealed the car at Yuri's direction. From the investigative report from Yuri that I posted earlier today.
bbm
I thought G&C always used the garage as their entrance to the house. They both said that was why they didn't see the notice from the Post Office about the tow yard on their front door because they never used that door to go inside. So, do we really know what George saw?

I saw that BeanE but I don't see that it tells us what time YM instructed Beasley to seal off the car? It is going over my head.

Between 4:30pm and approx 7:40pm. Yuri instructed Beasley to tape the car while he was writing up KC's charging affidavit. She was arrested at 4:30pm.

That's the smallest window of time I could confirm through the documents.

Now, though, I'm confused because Bond has 7/17 as the tow time.

I know the CSI report says 7/16, but, believe that is a typo. I don't have original 400pgs handy, but, IIRC the impound doc is ~pg 376'ish.

Okay then I apologise to everyone for the incorrect info I provided. I worked hard on trying to get it right. Time for me to step back. I'm sorry I confused. things.

I started plugging in the times in some of the posts here. Other information can be plugged in as well.

July 15
*8:08 pm 1st 911 call Cindy takes Casey to Police Dept. but it is closed she calls another department
http://www.wftv.com/video/16989413/index.html

*8:44 pm 2nd 911 call
http://www.wftv.com/video/16980843/index.html

*9:41 pm 3rd 911 call
http://www.wftv.com/video/16980866/index.html

* 9:50 pm George returns home and sees Cindy in the garage crying when he arrived

July 16
* 00:45AM Yuri was contacted
* 12:30PM Yuri et.al. sent for Casey to be picked up again
* 7:46 pm Bloise's CSI report indicates he began processing the car
Adding Bond's info:
1) LE Recovered the trash bag from tow yard dumpster ~9:30PM
2) LE Arrived @ G&C's ~9:45PM to secure the car (as indicated by George's statement, but, he says 9:30PM)
3) LE snapped the digital pic of the sideyard ~9:50PM

Between 4:30pm and approx 7:40pm. Yuri instructed Beasley to tape the car while he was writing up KC's charging affidavit. She was arrested at 4:30pm.

That's the smallest window of time I could confirm through the documents.

Now, though, I'm confused because Bond has 7/17 as the tow time.
well that does support YM 's statement from the bond hearing.

ok so we have a window of time got it.

I just went through the info I info I researched and posted and linked today. It does appear to me to be accurate. All I can do is post it again FWIW.

Here's a recap of the research I did and the info and links I posted today.

http://www.wesh.com/download/2008/1126/18155354.pdf

pdf page 16

Once at our central operations center, and after I started received the above phone calls ... She was then placed under arrest.

As I was preparing my charging affidavit on Casey, I asked Detective Charity Beasley to go to 4937 Hopespring Drive to recover the defendant's car...

(Charging Affidavit date/time: 7/16 @ 16:33)

I called George Anthony and got his approval to take these items prior to sending Detective Beasley to the house. Once at the house, she placed evidence tape on the doors and trunk of the Anthony's white 1998 Pontiac Sunfire...

While on the phone with George for the above request, I asked if he would be able to show us where he had thrown the trash out. George said...

I instructed Investigator Awilda McBryde to meet with him and collect the trash bag, which she did.

Once the car arrived at our forensics bay, Sergeant John Allen and I met with CSI Gerardo Bloise to inspect the car

(Bloise's date/time: 7/16 7:42pm. see the doc JWG posted here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4532032&postcount=791"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Pontiac - "Revisted"[/ame])

I started plugging in the times in some of the posts here. Other information can be plugged in as well.

July 15
*8:08 pm 1st 911 call Cindy takes Casey to Police Dept. but it is closed she calls another department
http://www.wftv.com/video/16989413/index.html

*8:44 pm 2nd 911 call
http://www.wftv.com/video/16980843/index.html

*9:41 pm 3rd 911 call
http://www.wftv.com/video/16980866/index.html

* 9:50 pm George returns home and sees Cindy in the garage crying when he arrived

July 16
* 00:45AM Yuri was contacted
* 12:30PM Yuri et.al. sent for Casey to be picked up again
* 7:46 pm Bloise's CSI report indicates he began processing the car
Adding Bond's info:

So LE first learns of the decomp smell:
9:41pm 7-15 during the 911 call. CA reports the smell to LE.
LE also arrives about this same time, before CA gets off the phone with dispatch.

1:30 am estimated 7-16 YM arrives and GA tells YM about the smell when YM arrives. see GA's 8-4 interview by YM.

(Does YM go check out the smell when GA tells him about it??)

best case scenario the car is sealed off at 4:33 pm.
when was KC alone in the garage with the car?

Long time to leave open access to a possible crime scene.

So back to the question, will this have any impact on any evidence?

So LE first learns of the decomp smell:
9:41pm 7-15 during the 911 call. CA reports the smell to LE.
LE also arrives about this same time, before CA gets off the phone with dispatch.

1:30 am estimated 7-16 YM arrives and GA tells YM about the smell when YM arrives. see GA's 8-4 interview by YM.

(Does YM go check out the smell when GA tells him about it??)

best case scenario the car is sealed off at 4:33 pm.
when was KC alone in the garage with the car?

Long time to leave open access to a possible crime scene.

So back to the question, will this have any impact on any evidence?

While GA/CA gave their statements to LE.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4533181&postcount=799"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Pontiac - "Revisted"[/ame]

Here's GA's statement. I can't read the time.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/1473804/Statement---George-Anthony-Written-2008-0715

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong