Identified! Canada - Woolwich, Ont, Remains found, Feb'10 - James Gabriel

Patience

Former Member
Reaction score
July 16, 2010
WATERLOO REGION — Waterloo Regional Police are still asking for the public’s help to identify human remains found in February.
*snip

Police say the remains belong to a Caucasian man, about five-feet, eight-inches to six-feet, one-inch tall, with an average to heavy build.
Tests revealed the man had healed fractures to his nose and left eye socket, and a healed fracture to his right wrist.
He was wearing blue jeans with a size 38 waist and 30-inch inseam. He was wearing thick red suspenders under a white T-shirt, and size 14 brown, lace-up deck shoes made by the Penman’s company. Police also recovered a beige-coloured sports jacket with the words Dekker, London on the label.
http://news.therecord.com/News/Local/article/745926
Anyone with information can contact the police investigative services branch at 519-650-8500 ext. 8666 or 8669 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.

Hi Patience, just letting you know the remains were found in Woolwich Township not Waterloo.

More specifically the road that runs beside Belgian Nursery ( Breslau )

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...98657&sspn=0.009573,0.013626&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=16

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woolwich,_Ontario

[[Image:|thumb|right|300px|Map of Waterloo Regional Municipality, Ontario with Woolwich in red.]]
The Township of Woolwich is a rural township in Ontario, Canada. It is part of the Region of Waterloo, immediately to the north and east of the City of Waterloo. Its 2006 census population was 19,658

I did a search and could not find one but maybe I missed it.

I couldn't find one, either... maybe it was in the wrong forum. Or I could be imagining things, which is not completely unlikely.

I wonder if they are looking at Sandy Abt for this one.

ETA: Whoops - yes, I see Abt is listed as ruled out. I should have read the article closer before mentioning.

I couldn't find one, either... maybe it was in the wrong forum. Or I could be imagining things, which is not completely unlikely.

I wonder if they are looking at Sandy Abt for this one.

ETA: Whoops - yes, I see Abt is listed as ruled out. I should have read the article closer before mentioning.

Hi WhyaDuck, he has been ruled out.

Police have been able to rule out two men who have been reported missing from the area:

Alexander Byron Abt, known as Sandy to his friends, has been missing since Oct. 7, 2008. The 44-year-old was last seen working at Schneider’s Refinishing on Forwell Road.

David MacDermott, 30, has been missing since 2002. His friends and family last saw him in the days leading up to Nov. 9, 2002. His case was recently raised to the status of a missing person with suspicious circumstances, or a potential homicide.

http://news.therecord.com/News/Local/article/745926

Well it wasn't there when I was first quoting you, Geez

Well it wasn't there when I was first quoting you, Geez

It's my bad habit of having the article open on one tab and posting on the other - I will try to refrain from commenting in the future until I have the details clear.

Thanks for pointing out it out, though.

ETA: I really wasn't trying to be rude - just pointing out that I had already corrected the initial error. The ETA was also in my quote in your post, so I wasn't sure if maybe you had just missed it. Sorry if I came off as brusque. That was not my intention.

That is sad. I live in downtown Kitchener, but I've never seen him. My first thought is with the suspenders is that it might be a gentleman who sells flags from his bike on Courtland at the plaza on Courtland/Shelley. But it wasn't. Most of the homeless people downtown are quite nice. No one deserves an outcome like that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back