Desiree says Terri had “Extreme hatred for Kyron"

grandmaj

Former Member
Reaction score
snip

Kyron’s biological mother, Desiree Young, said investigators shared e-mails with her that Terri sent friends. She said in them Terri talked about hurting Kyron. Desiree said she now believes Terri is capable of doing so.

“Extreme hatred for Kyron, and she talked about hurting him and things that you just don’t talk about with children,” she told KATU News Monday evening by phone. “I don’t understand how you can feel that way about a 7 year old.”

Young said it is now clear that Terri dislikes her and believes she transferred that to Kyron.

“I no longer had that little part of me that hoped she hadn’t done anything to Kyron,” Desiree said after she read the e-mails. “I realized that she is capable of hurting him. That was the hardest part about it.”

http://www.katu.com/news/local/108352154.html

"Young said it is now clear that Terri dislikes her and believes she transferred that to Kyron."

Is she alluding to motive? Because if so, that scrambles things up for me.

Why can't WE read the emails? I'm tiring of the media having access to these things and not releasing it.

I don't think they have this email. I believe this was a telephone conversation with Desiree. And interview over the phone when she made these comments.

Oh God grandmaj- that is horrible! I feel so much sorrow for her, I would imagine her hope that he is safe is dwindling at this point.

Please let us find him soon- so she and Kaine can have some closure, sadly I do not think he will be found alive at this point.

Why can't WE read the emails? I'm tiring of the media having access to these things and not releasing it.

Be patient, they'll come out. Then the threads will start flying and the thuds will start happening.

What would any of us do if a friend told us they wanted to hurt their stepson? That they felt extreme hatred for a child in their care?

I sincerely hope that LE also has email replies from Terri's friends asking her to seek help !..it's odd that none of the friends signaled to Kaine that there was a serious problem in his house. Or maybe they did?

Finally, it seems like Terri was, in a sense, screaming for help - only no one had all the pieces to put that together. She was telling Desiree that she thought D & TY should have Kyron live with them, so Desiree knew to some extent that things weren't good. Kaine knew her relationship with Kyron was "strained" and that in fact her relationship with all the kids was suffering. Her email friends knew she harbored anger and hatred for Kyron and said she wanted to hurt him.

It seems more and more like Terri was telling people she was in bad, bad shape as a caregiver, but each person only had a small slice of that and likely underestimated the reality.

What would any of us do if a friend told us they wanted to hurt their stepson? That they felt extreme hatred for a child in their care?

I sincerely hope that LE also has email replies from Terri's friends asking her to seek help !..it's odd that none of the friends signaled to Kaine that there was a serious problem in his house. Or maybe they did?

Finally, it seems like Terri was, in a sense, screaming for help - only no one had all the pieces to put that together. She was telling Desiree that she thought D & TY should have Kyron live with them, so Desiree knew to some extent that things weren't good. Kaine knew her relationship with Kyron was "strained" and that in fact her relationship with all the kids was suffering. Her email friends knew she harbored anger and hatred for Kyron and said she wanted to hurt him.

It seems more and more like Terri was telling people she was in bad, bad shape as a caregiver, but each person only had a small slice of that and likely underestimated the reality.

I agree 110%. Great post. I'm also wondering what it was about Desiree that she disliked so much? Terri and Kaine had been together for 8 years. What happened or why did Terri start to hone her anger in on Desiree and Kyron after such a long time?

It might be that Terri LOVED Kaine so much that she wanted their family to be just the three of them.

So much for giving Terri the excuse of "venting."

Who "vents" by talking about hurting a 7 year old? How disgusting...actually words fail me here. Terri must have some sensitive set of friends that they could stomach this. Though I am reminded of DeDe's "hilarity" at the suffering of a dog in her care. Maybe these people find each other. They enjoy the idea of pain inflicted on the helpless.

Of course, Terri bragged in the sexts about how strong she was, etc.

This is a 7year old! What was she imagining doing to the child?

When these are released...and they will be...I wonder how anyone will be able to clean up after Facebook Terri then?

Didn't we read somewhere that the e-mails were sent to an "extended family member", rather than a friend?

Or was that the e-mail about Kaine? confused...

ITA, except that she might have been putting a lot icing on her cake and make it seem like these problems weren't so bad. It seems like she only vented to her friends, and those friends chose not to tell Kaine and Desiree about it, not even the extreme hatred she had for Kyron until LE came looking. I wonder how guilty they feel now for not ever saying anything.

I have the feeling that she iced everything over for Kaine and Desiree and made it seem like she was supermom and everything was A-okay. I still remember her giving a thumbs up to the reporters and saying everything was okay when Kaine had just left with their baby. I remember her tone in the email she sent him. "I love you, but this is ridiculous." She seems to use an amicable, friendly tone that overshadows the underlying anger she has. She wants to portray false happiness but at the same time be angry. But the anger never overrides the false happiness in talking either.

And If the only she was doing to vent was talking to her friends and hitting the bottle, and not talking to the people that could make a real difference in the situation or seeking help, then that is not healthy and not good for Kyron. There is no way Kaine or Desiree could know that she was in real serious need of help if she was constantly telling them everything was fine and not acting like there was a serious problem. Even her drinking went mostly unnoticed by Kaine, and I wonder why? He wasn't blind, but I'm sure she was telling him everyday that she had no problem and everything would be okay.

Some people don't want others to help them solve a problem. Some people would rather let it build up and explode, or solve the problem on their own. Too bad Terri didn't really try involve Kaine and Desiree into doing something about this situation. Too bad Terri didn't straighten herself up and get a divorce. Instead, she drank and vented and plotted to kill Kaine and disappeared Kyron. That was her choice and there's nothing Kaine or Desiree could do to change that. This is not their fault. I feel so bad for them.

So I agree with you, but I don't think she was screaming for help. It was more like she was whispering and then was angry nobody heard her.

ITA, except that she might have been putting a lot icing on her cake and make it seem like these problems weren't so bad. It seems like she only vented to her friends, and those friends chose not to tell Kaine and Desiree about it, not even the extreme hatred she had for Kyron until LE came looking. I wonder how guilty they feel now for not ever saying anything.

I have the feeling that she iced everything over for Kaine and Desiree and made it seem like she was supermom and everything was A-okay. I still remember her giving a thumbs up to the reporters and saying everything was okay when Kaine had just left with their baby. I remember her tone in the email she sent him. "I love you, but this is ridiculous." She seems to use an amicable, friendly tone that overshadows the underlying anger she has. She wants to portray false happiness but at the same time be angry. But the anger never overrides the false happiness in talking either.

And If the only she was doing to vent was talking to her friends and hitting the bottle, and not talking to the people that could make a real difference in the situation or seeking help, then that is not healthy and not good for Kyron. There is no way Kaine or Desiree could know that she was in real serious need of help if she was constantly telling them everything was fine and not acting like there was a serious problem. Even her drinking went mostly unnoticed by Kaine, and I wonder why? He wasn't blind, but I'm sure she was telling him everyday that she had no problem and everything would be okay.

Some people don't want others to help them solve a problem. Some people would rather let it build up and explode, or solve the problem on their own. Too bad Terri didn't really try involve Kaine and Desiree into doing something about this situation. Too bad Terri didn't straighten herself up and get a divorce. Instead, she drank and vented and plotted to kill Kaine and disappeared Kyron. That was her choice and there's nothing Kaine or Desiree could do to change that. This is not their fault. I feel so bad for them.

So I agree with you, but I don't think she was screaming for help. It was more like she was whispering and then was angry nobody heard her.

I don't think she was consciously or even unconsciously asking for help - I think she was screaming in the sense that she was showing all signs of someone who was about to lose it.

Didn't we read somewhere that the e-mails were sent to an "extended family member", rather than a friend?

I just posted the related and differentiating info in the reference forum, along with the links, in the Terri emails thread.

bbm

Where in the email did you read that Terri said or implied she wanted to hurt him? Did I miss that?

I agree 110%. Great post. I'm also wondering what it was about Desiree that she disliked so much? Terri and Kaine had been together for 8 years. What happened or why did Terri start to hone her anger in on Desiree and Kyron after such a long time?

It might be that Terri LOVED Kaine so much that she wanted their family to be just the three of them.

bbm

IMO...that would be selfishness, not love.

So Terri wrote to a friend that Kaine was overbearing, etc. and to an extended family member the e-mails that Desiree viewed last week...correct? Those e-mails, the ones this thread was about, were not written to a friend?

yes, we read that somewhere b/c that's how I speculated that it was probably Kristian's wife. And it was wrt the e-mails about kyron because I mentioned that they were both raising stepchildren with new babies of their own, which made them kinda in the same boat wrt to possibly being sympathetic to step issues. jmoo

eta...boy, that sounded bad. Not tooting my own horn lol. Just writing out my thought process on how I remember that the e-mails were sent to extended family and were about Kyron w/o actually going and looking for the link :::busy!!!:::

bbm

Where in the email did you read that Terri said or implied she wanted to hurt him? Did I miss that?

We haven't seen the emails yet - the "extreme hatred" and wanting to hurt Kyron was all taken from Desiree's last interview. It's her interpretation of the emails LE shared that Terri wrote.

BBM. Wonderful post, and that point is especially great. You're absolutely right. She does put on this "everything's ok" persona in all aspects of her life, but underneath that front, everything is NOT ok. Not by far. When you look at it like that, and then take into account that she has written emails talking about "extreme hatred" towards Kyron and also about hurting Kyron, and apparently about how much she hates Desiree (this is a huge underlying factor in this situation too, IMO), and we know that she hates Kaine now too...I can see how she plotted and planned this and that her motive was pure hate and jealousy. To tell you the truth, I'm now actually terrified about what she might have done to this little boy. I think the reality of it is going to be worse than I feared.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back