MSM Coverage of Baby Lisa, 11/1/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
GMA had a brief segment:

Showed video of the boys trick or treating. Actually showed their faces, although they did have make up on

DB/JI are on board with CS being fired.

CS was fired twice from the case.

DB/JI in agreement with firing because she was "holding her own press conferences, making statements to the media"

Family trying to shift spotlight back onto Baby Lisa

Reporters following the kids trick or treating. What do these people have to do to shield their kids??? I would try to hide too. JMO

Reporters following the kids trick or treating. What do these people have to do to shield their kids??? I would try to hide too. JMO

I got the impression from the reporter that DB and JI agreed to this.

Yea! werent they inside the house? moo

I thought they were, but didn't want to say that because I wasn't sure. I remember the home looked really nice, I recall the fireplace in the background.

GMA is in bed with DB and JI. I don't like it at all.

I wonder if GMA paid for this "exclusive". ITA with your statement.

I keep wondering, has JI returned to work? I never hear about this on the news.

Missing baby's parents' lawyers split in feud
0 Comments
BY BILL DRAPER
Associated Press

KANSAS CITY, Mo. —A Kansas City lawyer said Monday she was pushed off the case of missing baby Lisa Irwin after it became apparent she could not work alongside the high-profile New York lawyer who had invited her to be his local co-counsel.

Cyndy Short said she had told Lisa's parents, Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin, that either she or Joe Tacopina would have to leave the case. She found out last week through the media that she had been dropped.

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2011/11/01/2085467/missing-babys-parents-lawyers.html#ixzz1cSBG8sKS

GMA must be giving them some sort of incentive. I can't imagine any other reason why they would agree to let cameras follow their kids trick or treating. It's OK for the camera glare in this instance, but it's not OK for mom to sit the boys down and ask them about what they heard that night? :chicken:

I can't see any reason to give an "exclusive" except for compensation. It seems to me the best way to keep Lisa in the headlines is to talk to all major networks. I usually watch The Today Show, but switched to GMA because Today Show has had very little to no coverage. So, for someone who regularly watches other morning shows, this case probably isn't even on their radar.

This is so crazy. They left to protect boys and doesnt want them interviewed but they let GMA follow them trick or treating? nice! moo:slap:

And GMA makes NO apologies for showing the boys faces up close and personal. Someone here, the other day, was so upset that the media showed the boys coming in from school - <modsnip>

I wonder if GMA is funding the quiet house and that's the price to pay? It doesn't make sense otherwise to me, why they would allow it. I have a feeling they wouldn't allow it, without them thinking the benefit outweighed the cost in some way.

Just a thought, not an assertion.

I am going to be late for work :banghead:, but I just had to say for shame, for shame!!

Shame on ABC and Tacopina and BS for selling this family up the river for ratings!

Shame on DB and JI for using their innocent little boys as pawns in this game.

Shame all around!!

I'm disgusted. :(

I am going to be late for work :banghead:, but I just had to say for shame, for shame!!

Shame on ABC and Tacopina and BS for selling this family up the river for ratings!

Shame on DB and JI for using their innocent little boys as pawns in this game.

Shame all around!!

I'm disgusted. :(

I just don't understand why they couldn't have put masks on them or not show their faces at all.

I'm happy they go to go out for Halloween, but that's really all we needed to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth