GUILTY VA - Prince Rams, 15 mos, drowned in his Manassas home, 20 Oct 2012

What a beautiful little boy. RIP Prince :rose:

With his grandfather being a former CIA agent, I have no doubt his death will investigated to the ninth.

This case is very disturbing, even if the only murder is his infant son who had unusually high multiple life insurance policies. However, his mother and a former girlfriend also died under suspicious circumstances in the past.

I hope they open investigations into those two previous deaths and that somehow justice can be served for them as well as his precious son, Prince McLeod Rams.

Police charge Manassas man, Joaquin Rams, with murder of infant son
Joaquin S. Rams, 40, of the 9000 block of Landgreen Street in Manassas was charged with the first-degree murder in the Oct. 20 drowning of 15-month-old infant Prince McLeod Rams, police say. Under Virginia law, the charge could later be elevated to capital murder – meaning a death sentence or life in prison.

Joaquin Rams had taken out multiple life insurance policies on his son, said Prince William Commonwealth’s Attorney Paul B. Ebert (D). The amount of life insurance was “unusually high,” according to a law enforcement official familiar with the investigation.

(snip)

Two other people close to Rams have died mysteriously in recent years. His mother’s death was ruled a suicide in 2008 in Prince William, police said, and Rams is also considered “an element” of an investigation into the 2003 slaying of Rams’s ex-girlfriend, Shawn Mason, with whom he’d had a child, said Manassas police Sgt. Lowell Nevill.

Full story at http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...6729-11e2-9e1b-07db1d2ccd5b_blog.html?hpid=z3

this is so disturbing. It is evil we don't see often in here. Most of the time a parent is suspected of killing their child it is due to evil, but a sort of ignorant, hateful, explosive, angry evil.

Killing your child for monetary gain is a whole nother breed of evil IMO, it is a cold, calculated, thinking evil.

I mean just look at this adorable boy. Evil. Evil. Evil father. I cannot fathom it. How do you look into that little face, you helped create and do such a thing?

Attachments

• little prince.jpg
    little prince.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 136

Wow. I finally hope this man will be locked up for good. It's so sad that it took the death of a child to make LE look more closely at these other two cases. If LE had paid attention back when others kept alerting them of their suspicions, then this tragedy may have been averted...

ETA: From that article - a quote from Joaquin's half-brother:

'My mother in her life never had a history of depression,' Velez said.

He described his half brother as 'a monster,' describing how even at age 3, his younger brother attacked him on the head with a hammer he had hidden behind his back as he feigned a request for a kiss.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rlfriend-died-accidentally.html#ixzz2J6QQyjLW
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I too hope they look further into mother's and the girlfriend's deaths from the past.

sick to even contemplate.

A shame that no one clued in to what would seem a high quotient of hink in the other deaths. Might have saved a life.

I note that he was considered "an element" in the investigation of his mother's death. "An element"? Possibly a phrase that needed to be bumped up to an official "person of interest."

At the time, the toddler had been on a court-ordered, unsupervised visit with his father.

The boy's mother, Hera McLeod, had fought unsuccessfully against unsupervised visitation, worrying that her son would be in danger.

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/0...m was a past contestent on "The Amazing Race"

The mother of this kid has a really well written blog I am probably not supposed to post a link to. Search for cappuccino queen.

She wants justice for her son and other kids.

The child was ordered by a judge to have visits with his father. Judge claimed this child had a right to have both father and mother. I'd say the judge should have been more concerned about this child's safety.
:banghead:

The child was ordered by a judge to have visits with his father. Judge claimed this child had a right to have both father and mother. I'd say the judge should have been more concerned about this child's safety.
:

In this country we put parents rights above a child's well being all the time. When will children have rights?

The mother of this kid has a really well written blog I am probably not supposed to post a link to. Search for cappuccino queen.

I also read that in an effort to fire back at her, he started one called Latte King. :rolleyes:

Sounds like he is a force to be reckoned with, as are so many of these folks who commit these awful tragic crimes.

Just read her blog. Recommended reading for anyone following this thread. Lots of beautiful photos with her and little Prince. This is one strong lady.

Murder for profit - the father is a worthless , and lifetime imprisonment is too good for him - he needs to be sentenced to death, no appeals, just do it.

Judges need to start listening when a mother fights hard to keep a child from unsupervised visits.

At the time, the toddler had been on a court-ordered, unsupervised visit with his father.

The boy's mother, Hera McLeod, had fought unsuccessfully against unsupervised visitation, worrying that her son would be in danger.

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/0...g-prince-mcleod-rams-84486.html#ixzz2J6YH0bId

Holy ****! I remember reading about this when it happened (only because the mom was a former Amazing Race contestant). I didn't know any of the back story and I don't recall any blame being put on the father (although the article said it was a court-ordered visit). I do remember he was one of the most beautiful little boys I had ever seen though. I'm reading her blog right now.

I really pray the father had nothing to do with this because to think otherwise is just too evil.

RIP, baby Prince.

Judge appears to have ignored suspicions about murder of the ex-girlfriend when allowing father unsupervised visitations. Apparently these suspicions were of no concern to the judge. Well, now the child is dead. Too late to be concerned.

"In making his custody and visitation rulings, the judge said the suspicions about the deaths of Collins and Mason were no concern to him, describing it as "smoke that's been blown that I can see through.""
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...gnites-investigation-of-two-other-deaths?lite

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back