FL FL - Winter Haven, BlkMale UP10197, 30-55, among debris in woods, Sep'11

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
WINTER HAVEN | Residents in the area sometimes pick through abandoned tires and concrete scraps in search of salvageable metal near Northwest 38th Street in Winter Haven.

But people looking for iron and copper in the illegal dump site last week found something none of them dared to disturb: a human skull.

Polk County deputies recovered the skull and the majority of a skeleton among the debris Monday afternoon. The Medical Examiner's Office is working to identify the remains.

So far, investigators have found no immediate clues from the bones or in the wooded area where residents found the skull that suggest how the person died, said Donna Wood, sheriff's spokeswoman.

Full article at link.

http://www.theledger.com/article/20110913/NEWS/110919764/1134?p=2&tc=pg

Article also mentions LE believes these remains are from a middle aged man. A size 13 boot with foot bones was also found at the location.

Here's the NamUs casefile for this John Doe, and the reconstructions.
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10197

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2011FA425photos_Page_1.jpg
    2011FA425photos_Page_1.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 2011FA425photos_Page_2.jpg
    2011FA425photos_Page_2.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 56
Is that just a bad drawing? The description doesn't mention his face being injured or deformed, but the sketch is lopsided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that just a bad drawing? The description doesn't mention his face being injured or deformed, but the sketch is lopsided.

I thought the same thing but thought I would be insulting the artist if I said that out loud but thank you for voicing my thoughts - LOL

No ruleouts listed on Namus.

It says no dentals or (obviously) fingerprints, and there was insufficient data for profiling, so it'd be hard to make a match anyway.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back