MS MS - Kreneice Jones, 3, & Lamoine Allen, 2, Woodville, 10 May 1992

anthrobones

Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/648dfms.html

Kreneice Jones
Missing since May 10, 1992 from Woodville, Wilkinson County, Mississippi.
Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: November 30, 1988
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 4 years old
  • Height and weight at Time of Disappearance: 2'11" - 89 cm; 33 lbs - 15 kg
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Black female. Brown eyes; brown hair.
  • Marks, Scars: She has a scar in front of her right ear.
  • Clothing: Jones was last seen wearing a multi-color one-piece shorts outfit with a black and white polka-dot tie and pink slipper sandals.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Jones' family traveled to the Woodville, Mississippi area on May 10, 1992 to attend a Mother's Day church service and dinner.
The family lived in Edgard, Louisiana at the time. Jones was last seen playing in front of a convenience store at approximately 4:00 PM with her friend
LaMoine Allen. The store was approximately four miles east of Woodville, Mississippi on Highway 24. Both children disappeared and have not been seen again.
An unidentified blue compact car with a false convertible top, chrome hubcaps and dark-tinted windows was seen in the area at the time the children vanished. It is not known if the vehicle is connected to their disappearances.

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/448dmms.html

Lamoine Jordan Allen
Missing since May 10, 1992 from Woodville, Wilkinson County, Mississippi.
Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: July 23, 1989
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 2 years old
  • Height and weight at Time of Disappearance: 2'11" - 89 cm, 35 lbs - 16 kg
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Black male. Brown eyes, brown hair.
  • Marks, Scars: He has a scar on his left knee
  • Clothing: He was last seen wearing a blue and black Hawaiian shirt, blue shorts and black sandals.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Allen's family traveled to the Woodville, Mississippi area on May 10, 1992 to attend a Mother's Day church service and dinner. The family lived in Edgard, Louisiana at the time. Allen was last seen playing in front of a convenience store at approximately 4:00 PM with his friend
Kreneice Jones. The store was approximately four miles east of Woodville, Mississippi on Highway 24. Both children disappeared and have not been seen again.
An unidentified blue compact car with a false convertible top, chrome hubcaps and dark-tinted windows was seen in the area at the time the children vanished. It is not known if the vehicle is connected to their disappearances.

My first thought is who would take "two" kids? Very disturbing...I agree, they probably are still alive.

Just watched this on Find Our Missing

just read about these two :( my optimistic side wants to believe they are alive and were raised as siblings somewhere.

according to the find our missing website:

The use of blood hounds during the search led investigators to a road but, the children’s’ scent was then lost. ... Many years later a woman contacted Jones’ mother and indicated she was raising her daughter. The FBI followed up on the tip and discovered the woman’s allegations were false.

Bumping for 23 years. I think there's a good chance that they are both still alive but have no idea of their true identities.

With all the success lately on social media with other cases, I'm wondering if now might be a good time to try something new.

I also wish I could find that episode of Find Our Missing.

It's unual that two kids dissapear at the same time. A car was seen at the scene but might not have anything to do with the dissapearence.

Apparently Lamoine was living with his aunt and uncle at the time and Kreneice wit her father. The childrens families were friends.

The abduction if it was one could've been family related or a non family abduction. Abducting two kids outside of a store in the middle of the day must've caught somebodys attention? so thats why it could be family involved or atleast somebody they knew.

Google Maps

Woodville is a very small community, I suppose they got missing from the mainstreet. There is no body of water or marsh close by so abduction seem to be the only possability threre.

This case has always baffled me. I can see how someone might manage to abduct one child out of a crowd and manage to go unnoticed, but taking two at the same time is risky. There was a church function going on, I can't believe no one saw anything. I truly hope they were taken by someone who wanted children and that they are still alive.

Carla remembers changing Kreneice into a multi-color one piece outfit and pink slipper sandals to play in. Unbeknownst to her, the outfit Kreneice wore to church would be used by police dogs later that day to capture the little girl’s scent.

According to Carla, the adults went into a house to the left, while the children went to a house on the right. As the children played, the adults sat down in the yard to eat and listen to music. At one point in the early evening, Carla saw Leola and Glenn pull up in the yard and report that Lamoine was missing.

“I jumped up and went to the house next door and asked Kreshanna where Kreneice was,” Carla said. “She said Kreneice was with a little girl named Tasha, but the little girl never brought Kreneice to me. We all jumped up and went back to the Jimmy Jackson store.”

The last time Kreshanna saw Kreneice was when her little sister tried to follow her and Leola’s niece, Tasha, while they carried hot sauce over to the other house.

“My little sister was trying to come because she always wanted to be with me. Tasha said she would walk her back to the store. We went back to the house, and I don’t know how much time went by, but my mom came by and asked me if I had seen my sister. That’s when it all started,” Kreshanna said. “All hell broke loose.”
Mother & daughter reflect on 1992 cold case - Picayune Item

Nearly 29 years missing; L’OBSERVATEUR revisits 1992 cold case - Picayune Item

Despite being 3 decades old, this case should have more attention. Are people living in Mississippi aware of it anymore?
I wonder if anyone known to be at the event(s) that day was involved. It would be brazen to abduct 2 toddlers into your car with so many people around, if you didn't even "belong" there.
JMO. I hope the truth will still come to light. Their families would have suffered so much, and they deserve justice.

NamUs links:

Lamoine/Age Progressions:
Thumbnail3.jpgThumbnail (4).jpg
Thumbnail (5).jpgThumbnail (6).jpg

Kreneice / Age progression:
Thumbnail.jpgThumbnail (1).jpg

Last edited:
several adults and none of them could stay with the children? Who leaves a small child alone outside a store? But it's probably one of those cases where everyone thought someone else was watching or looking out for them... That was probably the case and they were also in a fairly rural area that probably seemed "safer" than a busy urban area. .
Without yet knowing all the details of the case, I believe in these options...
foul play on behalf of a friend or family member
kidnapping of unknown people for nefarious purposes
kidnapping by strangers for adoption purposes
either way
rest in peace

several adults and none of them could stay with the children? Who leaves a small child alone outside a store? But it's probably one of those cases where everyone thought someone else was watching or looking out for them... That was probably the case and they were also in a fairly rural area that probably seemed "safer" than a busy urban area. .
Without yet knowing all the details of the case, I believe in these options...
foul play on behalf of a friend or family member
kidnapping of unknown people for nefarious purposes
kidnapping by strangers for adoption purposes
either way
rest in peace
Looking at maps and the vague description of the area the kids vanished from, seems like it would be a rural country store, alongside a house or houses. Maybe the owners of a house and store were the same. Or maybe the store owners knew the neighbors. I cannot be sure, but reports say off highway 24, 4 miles east of Woodville MI. I would love to know a more precise location.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back