IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much for the info! I find it very significant that HT wasn't there despite being Lauren's "best friend" and I agree with bloom's analysis of that video.

Thanks Jupiter!!

Here's my immediate "take" on that video... they showed pics of people that they want to be sure people know WHO they are... what they look like... their names -- in hopes that they'll get some more leads from people who might have been in the area that night... might have been at Sports that night... even that someone might have heard someone chatting in the library... in class... anything... and they're focusing on the people who are in the current theories...

and... I'm not surprised the BW was there with them... but no HT...

too bad the weather didn't help them out!

That makes sense. I hope people are able to connect the past photos with the present looks though. The guys have changed a lot since those were taken. Did you watch it streamed live on lauren.com? I just learned it was there. It should be available later; apparently there were some moving speeches.

I confess I'm a little lost on the import of specifically questioning CR's memory loss. That she couldn't have carried him - well, of course. Does this imply that he carried her? That's been my assumption with respect to the gravel lot. Maybe he dropped her (perhaps causing injuries that did not reveal themselves until later)? Or do they think he intentionally did something to LS after 2:51 (and same thing)? So why do MB and JR shut up too? Because they don't know what CR did and are also at a loss?

Or is there a broader purpose to questioning the memory loss? I would think that it can't relate to identifying JR's guest - wouldn't CR know that from earlier? Does it imply that he was involved in or knows about what someone else or the three of them did at 5 North after 3AM?

Wouldn't your scenario suggest that she never made it to 5 North? That her demise was under the camera at the time the cops won't let us see the tape?

Did something happen wherein CR did something to Lauren at 2:51 plus or minus 10 minutes and he carried her to 5 North to get some help from JR & MB? Then JR throws everyone off the scent by saying he saw her round the corner at 4:30. Did they try to revive, wake up, assist Lauren as they saw her as dead or close to death but wanted to have a story wherein she did exit that building alive? Was everyone at 5 North involved in trying to help her and DB was elected as the disposal person because not many knew he was there?

Thanks so much for the info! I find it very significant that HT wasn't there despite being Lauren's "best friend" and I agree with bloom's analysis of that video.

You're welcome. The other gal whose name I'm trying to think of appeared in the photos that LOHUD published very early on, the series taken in front of Smallwood. HT is in the nautical top with Bon Ami on the front. Do you know who I'm talking about?

I have a hard time believing the call was about her phone, unless she was worried about walking home without one. And if that was the case, she could have borrowed JR's. Wouldn't she have been more concerned about her keys at that point, since she had no way of getting into SW?

It all makes me wonder why JR would let her leave at all ... no shoes, no phone, and no key. Actually, I could blast him on that alone. I have an easier time thinking she'd call to ask for a ride ... or even to have DR meet her halfway.

Did anyone read that HT and DR were together late into the night? Could the call have been to DR, since he was with HT (and perhaps JR didn't have HT's number) to check and see if Lauren made it back? I swear I read this somewhere, if not from HT's mouth herself but that DR and HT were together after Kilroys. I could be wrong but I always wondered what exactly HT was doing all this time. That's why I remembered it. I hadn't heard what HT was doing and then read that she was with DR. I could be wrong, so go a little easy on me. ;))

Did anyone read that HT and DR were together late into the night? Could the call have been to DR, since he was with HT (and perhaps JR didn't have HT's number) to check and see if Lauren made it back? I swear I read this somewhere, if not from HT's mouth herself but that DR and HT were together after Kilroys. I could be wrong but I always wondered what exactly HT was doing all this time. That's why I remembered it. I hadn't heard what HT was doing and then read that she was with DR. I could be wrong, so go a little easy on me. ;))

I remember reading that. I also was told HT may have been interested in JR, in addition to DR. So that could explain a lot.

Wouldn't your scenario suggest that she never made it to 5 North?

No.

That her demise was under the camera at the time the cops won't let us see the tape?

Did something happen wherein CR did something to Lauren at 2:51 plus or minus 10 minutes and he carried her to 5 North to get some help from JR & MB? Then JR throws everyone off the scent by saying he saw her round the corner at 4:30. Did they try to revive, wake up, assist Lauren as they saw her as dead or close to death but wanted to have a story wherein she did exit that building alive? Was everyone at 5 North involved in trying to help her and DB was elected as the disposal person because not many knew he was there?

Huh?

AE -

Interpretation: I meant to put "or" between the two scenarios

CR injured LS somehow, or LS passed on due to her heart condition. Throws her over his shoulder and she drops her wristlet and keys. She drops her keys and wristlet. He puts her somewhere until he is able to get a car, sober up and take the body somewhere. That's the "incident" LE is referring to?

or something happens on camera with CR, he takes her back to 5 North to get some help from the other guys. Everyone agrees they need to dispose of the body. Someone steps up to do it. No one else knows where she is.

I remember reading that. I also was told HT may have been interested in JR, in addition to DR. So that could explain a lot.

HT should be a POI if she's not already. I think she was jealous of Lauren, a beautiful blonde, natural, tiny, sweet, loved by so many. I have yet to see her shed a tear, just babbling to the media, LOVING to hear herself talk. That chick is bad news IMO. She orchestrated this case the way she wanted it to go. That, IMO, messed up LE's investigation from the start. They actually believed her. For all we know she had Lauren's phone most of the
night, then after she saw her condition at Smallwood, planted it at Kilroys.
I think LE will find that she was involved in a sabotaging way (nothing to do with her going missing).

Did anyone find a connection between AA (the guy who found the wristlet and keys at 3AM) and any POI? Was he an IU student? Where was he coming from and where was he going? Could this be MPOI #2? Too much irony between the 2:51 video and his claim of finding her things at 3AM. Terrible coincidence to be in that exact location at that time. He had to have seen something, heard something. Did LE get him on camera?

Did anyone find a connection between AA (the guy who found the wristlet and keys at 3AM) and any POI? Was he an IU student? Where was he coming from and where was he going? Could this be MPOI #2? Too much irony between the 2:51 video and his claim of finding her things at 3AM. Terrible coincidence to be in that exact location at that time. He had to have seen something, heard something. Did LE get him on camera?

No one has found any connection between AA and anyone else in the case. I came up with "MPOI," and am quite sure it is not AA, and pretty sure it is DB.

AE -

CR injured LS somehow, or LS passed on due to her heart condition. Throws her over his shoulder and she drops her wristlet and keys. She drops her keys and wristlet. He puts her somewhere until he is able to get a car, sober up and take the body somewhere. That's the "incident" LE is referring to?

LE has never referred to an "incident."

I went to the concert tonight. It was quite the production, with the street blocked off and filled with news trucks. Many, many people but sadly in the middle of the first musical act, it became cold and rainy and lots of people left by the end of the first. CS and RS were beaming and some family members were present. BW and the other gal--lots of hugs--but no HT that I saw.

I want to do a brief information dump because the first event was so unexpected – it was almost shocking. The concert opened with a professionally made video—displayed on two jumbo screens. The video consisted of the sequence of events June 3 with photos people and places. Narrated throughout of just the facts.

More or less in order:

Photos of Lauren and narration
Small photo of Lauren, then DR photo pops up beside her.
Narration about the two of them going to JR’s.

All names are said in full throughout. They didn't use JR, DR, etc. haha

JR’s photo and photo of 5 North. Oh, these photos are their mug shots.
Sports photo. CR’s photo and SALZMANN’s photo pops up beside him!
Maps of the route they took.
Photo of 5 North again. No photo but MB name mentioned.

No mention of JW, no mystery guest. No doubt I left something out, but I’m distracted now, so that's a wrap. Project Runway is on!

Why is it called Project Runway?

While I feel a great deal of sympathy for the family and friends of LS, we need to keep in mind that JR, CR and MB could possibly be totally innocent. Going too far with the accusations could possibly incite violence against them.

Although it seems likely at this point, we don't even have any proof that LS is dead.

It has never seemed strange to me that nearly 10 minutes later after they passed through someone else saw her keys and wristlet and moved it. College party nights are pretty busy and 10 minutes is plenty of time for CR and LS to clear out of the area. The distances we are talking about are mere blocks.

AE -

or something happens on camera with CR, he takes her back to 5 North to get some help from the other guys. Everyone agrees they need to dispose of the body. Someone steps up to do it. No one else knows where she is.

The problem with those scenarios is that would be plenty for the police to make an arrest and figure the rest out later. They'd have at least one guilty party on video caught red-handed. That would be plenty leverage for them to start writing a laundry list of charges and offering some leniency for cooperation.

So, I have a hard time believing the 2:51AM video shows anything of note. At best (as evidence) it might call into question LS' ability to be walking home 90 mins later or even be coherent but it's clearly not the smoking gun or else this case would be much further along. There may be some useful info on it that could impeach someone's future testimony. But that would assume someone is talking (or will talk) and clearly that's not the case right now.

Apparently, what's on the video isn't even bad enough to call into question MB's story because you'd think if she was not at least somewhat coherent in the video then that would put MB in a bad position with him saying she walked in his place, stayed for awhile, wanted to 'party' and left for JR's (assuming that is actually the statement he gave police).

Personally, I think this case is on the verge of going extremely cold. The landfill search, where they apparently found nothing, pretty much IMHO tells us LE has nothing. That appears to have been a hail Mary. Much of the speculation these days can't be accurate or else someone would already be in trouble. Things like the 2:51AM video showing 'something' nefarious... the alleged cell ping in Martinsville... These are things, that if they existed, the police could act upon. The only way I think there could be a cell ping in Martinsville that the police wouldn't act upon would be if that POI had already admitted to being in that area (or someone with their phone) and had a reason LE can't immediately discount. If someone said they were home with their phone in their possession all morning and LE had a ping on a Martinsville tower (which would show this POI lying), then they'd already be facing charges IMO. That would be the type of leverage LE needs.

I do not speak for anyone else obviousilly but I have to say from my own perspective I have almost completely stoped coming and reading this thread and this case all together now because of the use of just the initals and short form and internet lingo its made tchis ase way to confusing . I do not know If this is done on purpose because of legal reasons It dont seem to be the case in most of the cases on here i read but in my opinion its confused alot of people and turned off alot of sleuthers that would normally be looking in to this case and who knows maybe supplying a helpfull tip. And if Lauren spier is ever found and this case goes to a trial Don't blame it on the juriors when they cant figure out who anyone is talking about ...

If someone said they were home with their phone in their possession all morning and LE had a ping on a Martinsville tower (which would show this POI lying), then they'd already be facing charges IMO. That would be the type of leverage LE needs.

I agree.. getting caught in such a lie would likely earn the poi a new title -"suspect".

I don't know that one report from an attendee that didn't see her is enough to come to the conclusion that HT wasn't there at all.

Why is it called Project Runway?

While I feel a great deal of sympathy for the family and friends of LS, we need to keep in mind that JR, CR and MB could possibly be totally innocent. Going too far with the accusations could possibly incite violence against them.

Although it seems likely at this point, we don't even have any proof that LS is dead.

I agree with you about the need for objectivity. The problem is, though, that it's not just whether they're "totally innocent" but "totally forthcoming."

I liked how Whitney Lea described what CR knows/doesn't remember as a "narrative." Thinking in that way, each POI has a narrative from that night ... and combined they should form a fairly accurate "text" of what happened at least before LS disappeared. But they don't, primarily because CR can't/won't recall his narrative and HT became the spokeswoman for JR's.

I think it's interesting how Jupiter described Salzmann's photo alongside CR's on the video. As I see it, CR's attorney also messed with the text by saying that CR has memory loss from the SW hit and that LS helped CR home. How exactly would he have known the latter anyhow unless he had witnesses, since CR can't remember? He's trying to tell CR's narrative, which he can't and shouldn't do.

In addition to CR's silence, we don't know if HT embellished JR's narrative for her own personal reasons, etc. I've seen this happen before in a bullying situation ... some people were reluctant to speak and thus said too little, and some people decided to speak for others but put their own spin on it. Truth can spin into fiction pretty fast when that sort of thing happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo