Day 11 The Staging of the Crime Scene/ The 12 days of JonBenet

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
In James Kolar's book "A Foreign Faction: Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet" he discusses the staging of the crime scene.

From page 276:
The Crime Classification Manual describes staging as activities that someone may engage in when they purposefully alter a crime scene prior to the arrival of police. Elements of staging raise "red flags" for the investigator because an offender who stages a crime scene usually makes mistakes because they prepare it the way they think a crime scene should look.

Law enforcement officers respond to hundreds of crime scenes over the course of their careers and have developed that "sixth sense" that sends off alarm bells when something doesn't look or sound right"

Some people in law enforcement might say the Ramsey crime scene didn't set off any alarms bells. The crime scene set off deafening high pitch sirens.

From Kolar's book we continue on page 272:
There are two reasons someone may engage in staging a crime scene:

1. They wish to redirect the investigation away from the most logical suspect or to

2. Protect the victim or victim's family. (This could include a motive to avoid embarrassment or criminal charging based upon the underlying circumstances present in a crime.)

For many members and visitors reading this post it may seem like I am stating the obvious but please remember, we have many new people who are starting to look into the JonBenet Ramsey case for the first time. Also, it's always good to review the obvious because it is like cold water on the face. It's shocking to remember just how much evidence there is in this case that points away from an intruder.

Let's list what is staged:

• Ransom Note\
  • Practice ransom note
  • Change of clothes
  • Garotte
  • cords on JonBenet's wrists
  • blanket left on JonBenet

I'm sure I've left out a lot of things.

In my opinion, the sexual assault that night was staged. Maybe. I go back and forth.

Whatever led up to the hole in JonBenet's skull isn't stage but we are not sure exactly what led up to that deadly injury.

It really baffles me how anyone can look at this crime scene and say it's real.

Thoughts? Please add to the list? Disagree? Join in please.

Tomorrow on Day 12 we will discuss the actual ransom note. Cina Wong has provided some incredible samples of her dissection of the ransom note for us to post.

Sunday is the start of the CBS special.

Everything in me says this special is going to blow the intruder theory up like a nuclear bomb. Then again, I may come back and eat these words. It's been known to happen.

I will open the Websleuths chat room on Sunday about an hour before the special airs. I'll make a new thread with the time and link sometime today.

Tricia

the rn is definitely part of the staging.so is cleaning jb up.not convinced about the rest, too many possibilities. her being found in the darkest room of the house might be staging too

I reckon the whole crime-scene has been staged, including JonBenet herself.

Looks like JR found JonBenet since he realized they were never going to fly out of Colorado, and wherever JonBenet had been hidden, e.g. train-room, she needed to be somewhere where his claim to discover her would appear plausible.

JR never knew that Fleet White had already checked the basement and looked into the wine-cellar, and that there was no JonBenet present.

Patsy said she dressed JonBenet in the white long johns since her pink pajama bottoms were missing, but left her in the white gap top despite the pink pajama top being to hand. The pink pajama bottoms are still missing.

JonBenet is wearing asymmetric hair-ties, unlikely to have been worn to the White's, so when were these done, before the pineapple snack or before actually going to bed?

Assuming the latter then JonBenet would have worn her pink pajama set for bed, but had it changed for the pink Barbie Nightgown once the pink pajama bottoms were stained with forensic evidence.

Since the pink Barbie Nightgown also became forensically bloodstained it was also exchanged for the long johns, alternatively the long johns held up and placed the size-12's out of sight?

All the above changes in JonBenet's clothing end up conforming with the Ramsey's claim that they put a sleeping JonBenet straight to bed. Despite no explanation for the hair-ties, the pineapple and that BR said JonBenet walked into the house that night?

So the staging of JonBenet's person is so to match the Ramsey Version of Events, she likely underwent a sequence of changes undertaken by whomever you think did it.

The most consistent scenario is BDI, so you might have BR in an altercation with JonBenet, who then does a minimal cleanup and some amateur staging, Patsy follows this up with her take on the staging, e.g. applying the ligature and setting out some kind of sexual assault, including dumping pictures of JonBenet in the basement? JR then decides, nope, it has to be an abduction, so he wipes down JonBenet, redresses her in the size-12's and long johns, wraps her in the blanket and after some last minute additions, e.g. duct-tape etc, JonBenet is hidden away in the basement crawl space?

There is a Barbie Doll lying on the wine-cellar floor close to where JonBenet was found along with her bloodstained Pink Barbie Nightgown, if the CBS Documentary claims a Tiara was also found in the wine-cellar then it will be huge.

I would add the duct tape was staged. In a real crime scene duct tape is applied wrapped all the way around and may inhibit the ability to breath and see plus is tangled in the hair. Jonbenet's tape was a tiny piece put on vanity style so you could still see her face, vanity style like in the movies. It was said to not be sticky either, it was used. IMO it was removed form an American Girl doll. The lip prints were actually impressions from the doubled doll cord. Curiously the Ramseys were allowed to remove the dolls from the crime scene and they were never considered evidence. The fibers associated with the tape and crime scene are so similar to fibers of the dolls it's beyond coincidence.

UKGuy, do you know whether the crawlspace had a cement floor or a dirt floor. I have a crawlspace and it has a dirt floor. I have thought if JonBenet would've been put in the crawlspace she either would have dirt on her or the cement dust on the cement floor would have been disturbed. I do not think Champeny was put in the crawlspace.

UKGuy, do you know whether the crawlspace had a cement floor or a dirt floor. I have a crawlspace and it has a dirt floor. I have thought if JonBenet would've been put in the crawlspace she either would have dirt on her or the cement dust on the cement floor would have been disturbed. I do not think Champeny was put in the crawlspace.

WhoKnowsWhat,
Not certain about that. From memory I think its cement. She just was not in the wine-cellar since Fleet White looked earlier and he would have seen her, never mind a white blanket, pink nightgown, a barbie doll and possibly a Tiara. Did FW miss all that, seriously doubt it.

WhoKnowsWhat,
Not certain about that. From memory I think its cement. She just was not in the wine-cellar since Fleet White looked earlier and he would have seen her, never mind a white blanket, pink nightgown, a barbie doll and possibly a Tiara. Did FW miss all that, seriously doubt it.

So what are you saying?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

So what are you saying?

Razz.
That someone moved JonBenet into the wine-cellar that morning, most likely JR, since he found her?

Razz.
That someone moved JonBenet into the wine-cellar that morning, most likely JR, since he found her?

Ok. So you're thinking she was originally put in a crawlspace and that's why the neighbor didn't see her. So why would JR have moved her? So that he could discover her quicker? Why not just leave her in the crawlspace?
Chances are they may have made it to Michigan with no one the wiser. (For a short while anyway).

Ok. So you're thinking she was originally put in a crawlspace and that's why the neighbor didn't see her. So why would JR have moved her? So that he could discover her quicker? Why not just leave her in the crawlspace?
Chances are they may have made it to Michigan with no one the wiser. (For a short while anyway).

Razz,
JR was flying nowhere, he was told to tell his pilot to cancel a flight planned that very morning. Plan A was to hide JonBenet away and claim an abduction had happened, then they would leave Colorado ASAP.

Since this could not take place, and JR wanted to find JonBenet, her original location would be a give away, so JR decided to move her to the wine-cellar, but he never knew that Fleet White had already checked the wine-cellar.

Eventually what started as a kidnapping ended up as an Intruder homicide motivated by sexual assault.

They say the red heart drawn on her hand wasn't there at the Whit's part, isn't that correct? Either she drew it on herself after getting home (her drawers in her bathroom contained markers but I don't know if any were red) or it was part of the staging.

Razz,
JR was flying nowhere, he was told to tell his pilot to cancel a flight planned that very morning. Plan A was to hide JonBenet away and claim an abduction had happened, then they would leave Colorado ASAP.

Since this could not take place, and JR wanted to find JonBenet, her original location would be a give away, so JR decided to move her to the wine-cellar, but he never knew that Fleet White had already checked the wine-cellar.

Eventually what started as a kidnapping ended up as an Intruder homicide motivated by sexual assault.

Not trying to be argumentative
but I am trying to get in JR's head. If this "accident" happened sometime in the middle of the night, he would have had time then to put her somewhere out in the snow....or maybe the garage.

If he/they went to all the trouble to write that ransom note, why not stage the "crime scene" better. Why not leave a door unlocked or make it look like someone broke in? Not to give themselves an "out" was beyond stupid. Writing that ransom note was....sophomoric. Not something I imagine a grown man would write or approve of or even allow.

I realize I have the advantage of hindsight but.....

Imho I would include inviting all those friends over as part of trying to alter the crime scene. How many people can we get to come over and meander around to contaminate the house?

What is with Mr Fernie being in the backyard reading the ransom note through the door from outside. Impossibility.

What about how could all those people get there in a matter of minutes after being awoken pre-dawn dark probably from a deep sleep. I know I don't move that fast.

Also inconsistencies like JonBenet left her coat in the car, oh PR took it off in her bedroom ... oh where is the coat?

JonBenet fell asleep in the car (the drive was very short), she was carried, she walked up the stairs, I read a book to her ... no wonder they couldn't get their story straight.

I wish some of their friends would come forward. It was very insightful to hear Fleet and Priscilla on Peter Boyles radio show archived on his site from a couple years ago.

All my opinion only.

In James Kolar's book "A Foreign Faction: Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet" he discusses the staging of the crime scene.

From page 276:

Some people in law enforcement might say the Ramsey crime scene didn't set off any alarms bells. The crime scene set off deafening high pitch sirens.

From Kolar's book we continue on page 272:

For many members and visitors reading this post it may seem like I am stating the obvious but please remember, we have many new people who are starting to look into the JonBenet Ramsey case for the first time. Also, it's always good to review the obvious because it is like cold water on the face. It's shocking to remember just how much evidence there is in this case that points away from an intruder.

Let's list what is staged:

• Ransom Note\
  • Practice ransom note
  • Change of clothes
  • Garotte
  • cords on JonBenet's wrists
  • blanket left on JonBenet

I'm sure I've left out a lot of things.

The duct tape is a big one. Clearly, it was not put on until after JonBenet was dead.

In my opinion, the sexual assault that night was staged. Maybe. I go back and forth.

Not me. I'm certain of it.

It really baffles me how anyone can look at this crime scene and say it's real.

That goes for me, too.

Sunday is the start of the CBS special.

Everything in me says this special is going to blow the intruder theory up like a nuclear bomb. Then again, I may come back and eat these words. It's been known to happen.

I will open the Websleuths chat room on Sunday about an hour before the special airs. I'll make a new thread with the time and link sometime today.

Tricia

Sorry guys, but I'll have to miss it. (The chat, not the special.)

They say the red heart drawn on her hand wasn't there at the Whit's part, isn't that correct? Either she drew it on herself after getting home (her drawers in her bathroom contained markers but I don't know if any were red) or it was part of the staging.

I may be nitpicking her but I like the facts to be factual.
Everyone says that it is a heart but it is not. Really it's just a u/v shaped scribble.

I haven't read yet anyone's account that it wasn't on her hand at the Whites party. Would anyone really know that? I remember going to parties as a kid, the children spent 95% of the time away from the adults playing. I don't think that any conclusions can be made about the "heart" whatsoever.

I may be nitpicking her but I like the facts to be factual.
Everyone says that it is a heart but it is not. Really it's just a u/v shaped scribble.

I haven't read yet anyone's account that it wasn't on her hand at the Whites party. Would anyone really know that? I remember going to parties as a kid, the children spent 95% of the time away from the adults playing. I don't think that any conclusions can be made about the "heart" whatsoever.

Here's a link with interesting information concerning the red heart in JonBenet's hand (courtesy of FFJ member Cherokee) that says, in part,

"18 PATSY RAMSEY: That was a pretty
19 good little heart, you know, I mean -- pretty
20 well drawn."

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?10200-About-that-red-heart-on-JonBenet-s-hand

I think it looks just as much like the letter B as a heart.
You know, B as in BURKE.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back