Hiker in NY Woods Stumbles Upon Creepshow

Blondie in Spokane

Reaction score
I just ran across this in the New York Post - I hope I am not missing a previous thread.....I glanced quickly and didn't find one.

This hiker in NY found all these actual missing person's posters stapled to trees in the wilderness.....there were so many! Also some cans of eaten food left on a cushion or mattress and a makeshift cage from what I could tell.

I need to go back and watch the video again but I am not sure I want to.

I am totally creeped out. This looks so sick and the hiker freaked out when he heard voices coming.....I would have too.

Here's the link:

http://nypost.com/video/hiker-in-the-woods-stumbles-upon-an-absolute-creepshow/

ETA: please.....somebody tell me this is a hoax or a terribly sick joke

Just based on the "excitement" as opposed to "shock" in the narrator's voice, I'd guess it is a hoax. Perpetrated by the narrator. Designed to be posted on youtube.

if you look thru his videos he has a series from years ago where he finds a bunch of "unexplained creepy stuff" going on in the woods.

so, probably hoax by him as was said above.

if you look thru his videos he has a series from years ago where he finds a bunch of "unexplained creepy stuff" going on in the woods.

so, probably hoax by him as was said above.

Thanks drj.....I'm feeling better now. I was totally weirded out at first.

Just based on the "excitement" as opposed to "shock" in the narrator's voice, I'd guess it is a hoax. Perpetrated by the narrator. Designed to be posted on youtube.

My thoughts exactly! He's having too much fun lol.

LE have done a thorough investigation and assured locals that this was an encampment set up for Halloween by local teens.
Twisted and creepy and very poor taste.

http://thehuntingtonian.com/2016/10/06/viral-video-is-a-hoax-according-to-the-police/

Viral Video is a HOAX According to the Police

Snip

The maker of this video was arrested in 2014 for trespassing before, nothing new for him. See arrest here http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/04...after-taking-pictures-inside-l-i-high-school/

Cbs stated “As CBS 2’s Jennifer McLogan reported, James Rankin, 35, a 1996 graduate of Walt Whitman High School, was spotted on surveillance video on campus taking photos around 3:50 a.m. this past Friday, 1010 WINS’ Mona Rivera said.”

Rankin trespassed again to make this video he is just lucky the police and the owner of the property have not pressed charges. His actions here show a need for attention and shows that the Media does not fact check like they should. The Patch.com, the DailyNews and Sryacuse.com should know better. Did he even think for one minute he maybe hurting the families of the missing posters and the media has responsibility here too. A big question is will thePatch.com issue an apology to Derek Seehausen’s Family? Police confirmed that this was setup by the owner and that he did download the posters from Internet sites to use for the Halloween party on his property. Plus Rankin knew he was on private property and knew where he was. He was 200 to 300 feet from Jericho Turnpike and or Manor Road in Huntington, NY.

sigh.....another person with a lonely life looking for some attention......

"who does something like this?"......uuuummmm.....YOU!....LoL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back