Cop goes overboard on kid

I'm usually on the side of law enforcement, but this cop was the biggest jerk I've ever "heard" in my life. What an over-inflated, egotistical, moron!!!!!!!!! He needs some serious counselling and a new career.

This is an everyday occurrence around here. LE hassles our kids just like that.

They pull my boys over and want to search for no reason at all. if they decline, which they can do, they are treated EXACTLY like this kid.
It makes me sick.

Did y'all notice you could actually see his right turn signal on as he turned....which is what the cop said he was going to give him a ticket for (I guess it could have been a different turn but at this point the officer is not credible).

What an abusive creep that officer is. I hope they fire him and don't just
give him a suspension for a couple weeks. Thank goodness that boy had video in his car or that bully would be denying everything.

Having ridden with my step-dad who is an officer, I can't imagine him EVER saying anything like that! First of all, he keeps his own camera and microphone on to protect himself. Secondly, while he may take a certain tone with someone, he never uses the 'f' word or calls people names like this guy did. And he certainly never says that he's going to make up stuff to charge someone with. And this guy was a SARGEANT! He'd been promoted. IMO, he doesn't just need to be on administrative leave, he needs to be fired. I don't care if the kid was being a smart*ss, you just can't act that way when you're an officer of the law!

ok i watched the clip. i trust police and when i have been in trouble in life i thank god for them. this officer gave him 2 false tickets. 1 for not using a turn signal that we can see he used then the officer made up the swerving(sp) in and out of the lane. the officer clearly threatened to make up more charges. if this is not against the law it should be. the officer should face charges for filing a false police report or something at least.

You can actually pinpoint the moment the cop goes over the edge. He's a textbook case for needing anger management training.

I'm actually pretty impressed the kid kept his cool the entire time those threats were being volleyed his way.

ok i watched the clip. i trust police and when i have been in trouble in life i thank god for them. this officer gave him 2 false tickets. 1 for not using a turn signal that we can see he used then the officer made up the swerving(sp) in and out of the lane. the officer clearly threatened to make up more charges. if this is not against the law it should be. the officer should face charges for filing a false police report or something at least.

Ooh..I had never thought of going that route. That's a very good idea.

Not to excuse the actions of this cop in any way, shape, or form, but I figure that any kid that puts a video cam in his car, for the purpose of recording what the cops say when they pull him over, is planning on doing everything he can to push a cop's button, when he gets pulled over. I remember what a few of my friends managed to do, in regard to the police, when we were kids, so I am not yet ready to give the kid a clean bill of health.

You can actually pinpoint the moment the cop goes over the edge. He's a textbook case for needing anger management training.

I'm actually pretty impressed the kid kept his cool the entire time those threats were being volleyed his way.
He knew he was being recorded--LOL.

Not to excuse the actions of this cop in any way, shape, or form, but I figure that any kid that puts a video cam in his car, for the purpose of recording what the cops say when they pull him over, is planning on doing everything he can to push a cop's button, when he gets pulled over. I remember what a few of my friends managed to do, in regard to the police, when we were kids, so I am not yet ready to give the kid a clean bill of health.

I agree... and didn't it mention somewhere this happened around 2 or 3 am? Quite frankly, IMO, this kid purposely set out to cause trouble and found a cop to fall into his trap. I'm not excusing the behaviour of this cop, but this kid is no angel himself...

I was trying to imagine how I would feel if anyone yelled at my kid that way. I'm pretty sure someone would have to hold me back. Cop or no cop, that guy would be in a world of hurt.

I watched the full tape that Paladin posted. After seeing what JBean posted about how the cops harass the young guys where she lives I don't have a problem with this guy mounting a video camera in his car to show how the police are in that town if he or others have had some issues. No matter what the boy did or said it is not right at all for the cop to threaten to make up false against him. Especially since the 20 year old guy said he had received a traffic ticket a year or so earlier and was not in the wrong but it was his word against the cops word. The cop is an obvious liar from the very get go. He said the guy didn't use his right hand turn signal when he turned and we can clearly see that he did.

ETA - in the second video the guy tells the cop that he was assualted by an off duty police officer and was paid by the City of St. Louis not to press charges against the ooficer. So yeah, he clearly has some issues with the cops but I can certanly see why he would want to protect himself with a mounted camera.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3819007177617270039

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back