Make A Wish child is spoiled for choice

believe09

Reaction score
http://www.tmz.com/2011/03/26/ina-g...h-sick-kid-leukemia-oregon-cook-food-network/

Ina Garten was too busy with her book tour to fufill Enzo's wish of cooking a meal with her. Enzo chose again, and made a request to swim with the dolphins....

But into the breach stepped two Mega Chef's, Michael Symon and Beau MacMillon.

Beau has offered to fly Enzo and family to AZ, put them up in a beautiful hotel and bring Enzo into the kitchen to cook a meal with him.

Michael Symon will be near Enzo soon, and has offered to go to Enzo's home and cook with him.

Now, I have a personal bias as I think Michael Symon is one of the most beautiful men on the planet, but kudos to BOTH chefs for stepping up.

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

I am glad to hear this. I was really disappointed to hear that Ina Garten was too busy to do this. I think if you really want to do something there is no such thing as too busy. Now, I'm not famous but of all of the things a child can wish for, if they decided that they would like to hang out with me for a day, oh wow I would feel honored!

Oh well, I'm sure the bad publicity from this will make her oh so important book tour a little more interesting. :crazy:

I would be so ashamed if I were Ina. What a selfish person. I hope that no one buys her book. What a terrible thing to do, disappoint a dying child.
Bless those kind men for stepping in.

:maddening: This "celebrity" (not a term I'd use for her but whatever) should be honored that a child would even chose her as his wish. Who the he11 does she think she is? She is too busy, yea okay whatever! You know how many actual famous celebrities who I'm sure are far more busy then her find the time, that is no excuse IMO. She even had to throw in the fact that she "helps many children organizations and charities." Why doesn't she tell that to the kids heart she broke not only once but twice.

I'm sure all these people have busy lives as well but not only did they find the time, they went "above and Beyond" http://www.wish.org/news/news_releases/cg_awards_list
In 1990, the Make-A-Wish Foundation began honoring some of its most passionate celebrity wish makers with a special award, formerly called the Celebrity Wish Granter of the Year Award. In 2000, the honor was renamed the Chris Greicius Celebrity Award to reflect the spirit of going “above and beyond” in delivering a magical, memorable wish to a child.

1990: Scott Hamilton

1991: Don Majkowski, Jesse Ventura

1992: Willard Scott

1993: Billy Ray Cyrus

1994: Ken Griffey Jr., Hulk Hogan

1995: Richard Dean Anderson

1996: Karl Malone

1997: Kevin Sharp

1998: John Travolta

1999: David Hasselhoff, Geoffrey Bodine, Steve Burns, Kristi Yamaguchi, Backstreet Boys

2000: Mariah Carey, President Bill Clinton, Dawson’s Creek, Michael J. Fox, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Chuck Norris

2001: Bob Costas, Paul Walker, Cher, The West Wing, National Hockey League, Jeff Gordon

2002: Mark Wahlberg, Tony Hawk, Major League Baseball, *NSYNC, Emeril Lagasse, Michael Levitt

2003: Adam Sandler, Kurt Warner, David Brubeck, National Football League, Erin Dogan (Sony Studios/Columbia Pictures), Doug Frank (Warner Bros. Studios)

2004: Garth Brooks, the cast of Charmed, World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. (WWE)

2005: Clay Aiken, American Chopper, Johnny Depp, National Basketball Association, Will Smith, Keith Urban

2006: Raven, Jerome Bettis, Good Charlotte, Nigel Barker, Major League Soccer, US Soccer Federation, Sue Aitchison (World Wrestling Entertainment), Cheryl Kisob (Disney Worldwide Outreach), Tony Stephens (Credence Artist Network)

2007: Law & Order: SVU, My Chemical Romance, Criss Angel, Brett Favre, ESPN, Mary Alice Stephenson, film producer Ian Bryce, Sandy Marshall (NASCAR Foundation), Orlando Bloom

2008: George Lopez, Deal or No Deal, Rascal Flatts, Donald Trump, Dirk Nowitzki, Palace Sports & Entertainment (NBA Detroit Pistons), Howie Schwab (ESPN), Dean Kurtz (International Speedway Corporation), Lori Rischer (THE FIRM), Kenny Ortega (Disney’s High School Musical director, choreographer and producer), Spooky Stevens (unit publicist)

2009: John Cena, Charm City Cakes, Dave Matthews Band, Philadelphia Phillies, Garden of Dreams Foundation (New York)

Love love love make a wish foundation. One of my BFF's had a little brother who was diagnosed with Ewing Sarcoma at 11. He was in and out of the hospital for 2 years before he finally passed at 13. His wish was to go to Hawaii with his family, his original wish was to meet Michael Jordan but since Michael Jordan was local the Ronald McDonald house was able to make that happen for him without using his wish. They also bought him a computer so he would have something to do while he was stuck in bed sick from Chemo. Make a wish foundation did so much to help make the time he had left memorable for him and his family. They truly are an awesome charity!

I think Ina is going to have some problems as a result of this. I am very puzzled-my mother is a devotee of hers, and she was disappointed. She thinks that Ina may be unable to relate to any child, much less a child in this condition.

Easy for me to say I suppose, but I suspect that the price of fame is sucking it up for your fans every now and then. :(

In any case, I think Enzo was presented with two better choices...JMVHO.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/03/26/ina-g...h-sick-kid-leukemia-oregon-cook-food-network/

Ina Garten was too busy with her book tour to fufill Enzo's wish of cooking a meal with her. Enzo chose again, and made a request to swim with the dolphins....

But into the breach stepped two Mega Chef's, Michael Symon and Beau MacMillon.

Beau has offered to fly Enzo and family to AZ, put them up in a beautiful hotel and bring Enzo into the kitchen to cook a meal with him.

Michael Symon will be near Enzo soon, and has offered to go to Enzo's home and cook with him.

Now, I have a personal bias as I think Michael Symon is one of the most beautiful men on the planet, but kudos to BOTH chefs for stepping up.

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

Me too - I love love love Michael Symon! My problem with Ina is she not only turned the boy down once, but she turned him down twice. How does that happen?

She can carry on with her foofy thousand dollar dinners, but can't pull it together to make a meal with this young child?

I watched her for a very long time, but the show got to boring for me. While the recipes seemed to change, the outline didn't. Same shirt - different color, same shops, same plotline (Jeffrey comes home after 6 days on the road and she makes him a faboo dinner). Various guests coming in to decorate her already palatial home. And that CACKLE. She can't let a guest finish a sentence because she laughs hysterically in mid-sentence.

Then she went and built that new barn and kitchen behind her home -- must have cost her a bloody fortune.

There was also an episode called (all aboard) where she clearly won't let Jeffrey buy a new boat -- but she can have what I imagine is a million dollar barn.

I find her to be bossy and self centered when she's hosting her dinners (put your plate in front of me so I can serve the shrimp salad). I'm actually glad she's not going to spent any time with this little boy -- Michael Symon is AWESOME! Ina, IMHO, likes to throw her weight around (literally).

All my opinion of course.

Mel

I think Ina is going to have some problems as a result of this. I am very puzzled-my mother is a devotee of hers, and she was disappointed. She thinks that Ina may be unable to relate to any child, much less a child in this condition.
Easy for me to say I suppose, but I suspect that the price of fame is sucking it up for your fans every now and then. :(

In any case, I think Enzo was presented with two better choices...JMVHO

BBM. I posted something similar on the other thread about this topic. Ina has no children of her own, no grandchildren, and might not be comfortable meeting one-on-one with a very sick youngster. When she's entertained families or children on her cooking shows, Ina doesn't seem to be in touch with youngsters - even those who are the children of her friends and associates. Kids just aren't Ina's thing, and it might be in the boy's best interest to not suffer disappointment if his TV "hero" doesn't measure up to his perceived image of her. jmo

Me too - I love love love Michael Symon! My problem with Ina is she not only turned the boy down once, but she turned him down twice. How does that happen?

She can carry on with her foofy thousand dollar dinners, but can't pull it together to make a meal with this young child?

I watched her for a very long time, but the show got to boring for me. While the recipes seemed to change, the outline didn't. Same shirt - different color, same shops, same plotline (Jeffrey comes home after 6 days on the road and she makes him a faboo dinner). Various guests coming in to decorate her already palatial home. And that CACKLE. She can't let a guest finish a sentence because she laughs hysterically in mid-sentence.

Then she went and built that new barn and kitchen behind her home -- must have cost her a bloody fortune.

There was also an episode called (all aboard) where she clearly won't let Jeffrey buy a new boat -- but she can have what I imagine is a million dollar barn.

I find her to be bossy and self centered when she's hosting her dinners (put your plate in front of me so I can serve the shrimp salad). I'm actually glad she's not going to spent any time with this little boy -- Michael Symon is AWESOME! Ina, IMHO, likes to throw her weight around (literally).

All my opinion of course.

Mel

"And that CACKLE. She can't let a guest finish a sentence because she laughs hysterically in mid-sentence.
"

My beverage flew all over the place with that one...WHHOOO that was funny.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back