Judge sets rules for behavior at Casey Anthony trial

Reality Orlando

Verified Aquaculturalist
Reaction score
Orange-Osceola Chief Judge Belvin Perry put in place rules Wednesday governing how members of the public may get seats in court for the upcoming Casey Anthony trial and how protesters will be permitted to assemble outside the courthouse.

Roughly 50 seats in the Orange County Courthouse's 23rd floor courtroom will be made available to the public each day of the trial. Members of the public will be able to line up outside the courthouse on trial days. Seating passes will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis at about 8 a.m. and again at 1 p.m. each day.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-casey-anthony-trial-public-rules-20110504,0,5479857.story

Looks like Cindy will have to leave her trinkets at home..:crazy:

What will those 2 do? No facial expressions!!! They sure aren't going to like this at all! I hope they don't file a motion to excuse them from these rules. Hey, knowing them ya know, in their mind no rule but their rule applies....:loser::banghead:

In the Coleman case, the judge ruled for some seating to be reserved for family. Didn't the honorable Judge Perry do the same? :waitasec:

In the Coleman case, the judge ruled for some seating to be reserved for family. Didn't the honorable Judge Perry do the same? :waitasec:

That's a good question. Maybe hinges on that motion if they are allowed to be there for the whole trial which I don't think will happen. Seems most of the family members except for GA side of the family, are witnesses, so should be excluded from the courtroom until they are finished with their testimonies. Maybe there will a few seats available, but only after they are done on the stand.

From everything I've seen so far, HHMP is running a tight ship. I doubt he's going to grant the Anthony's motion to be excluded from sequestration. I also think he'll deny the motion from Mark Lippman to seal video visitations as this is not HHMP's jurisdiction. Mr. Lippman's motion needs to be made in another court.

I was glad to see that courtroom decorum will be observed with no gum chewing, food, drinks, electronic devices like cell phones, no facial expressions, etc. I think we'll see a much different courtroom than we've seen during hearings.

I don't see no No facial expressions, gum chewing etc in that article. Did they change it or something?

Thanks so much, MAMABEAR, the document wasn't at the link posted in the original post. They must have moved it. I thought I had lost my mind until I read OneLostGirl's post stating my question. Thanks to OLG for asking.

Thanks for posting the link to the document, MB.

Judge Perry was sending copies to all the attorneys, maybe he should have included the As' attorney. They're the ones who need the rules. On the other hand, maybe he's going to bar them until near the end. :waitasec:

Aren't all of these rules already in place? :waitasec: They don't seem to enforce them now. Hopefully for the trial they will.

Speaking of behavior in the court... I think reality has struck ICA directly in the face. She now I think, sees the predicament she is in, before it was all a game to her and she wasn't in her mind the defendant, but rather a member of the defense team! I think she now sees that's not the case, and that's what all the tears were about recently.

I'm still thinking a plea is possible. If I were the defense and thinking of a plea, at this point waiting until after jury selection would be my best option. Just holding out hope there was someone on the jury that could be fooled easily and could be made to have any doubt as to who was responsible for this beautiful little girls death. Or perhaps made to think this might have been some kind of accident? I think they might take any sentence short of DP or LWOP at this point. But of course that's just my speculation.

From everything I've seen so far, HHMP is running a tight ship. I doubt he's going to grant the Anthony's motion to be excluded from sequestration. I also think he'll deny the motion from Mark Lippman to seal video visitations as this is not HHMP's jurisdiction. Mr. Lippman's motion needs to be made in another court.

I was glad to see that courtroom decorum will be observed with no gum chewing, food, drinks, electronic devices like cell phones, no facial expressions, etc. I think we'll see a much different courtroom than we've seen during hearings.

Just piggybacking off of your post Leila - I'm wondering if Mark Lippman approached CJBP with this motion because of the sequestration rules. Surely if the Anthony's are not allowed into the courtroom, they would also not be allowed to visit the accused while the trial is on? For the same reason - that they may again adjust their testimony to suit the direction the trial was taking? IJW.

Let's try and stay on the topic of this thread especially as the trial date approaches. We have threads for the Anthony's wanting to visit with Casey as well as the Anthony's wanting to be in the courtroom during the trial.

Remember one off topic post turns into a host of other off topic posts as members come in to see what was written since they last visited.

What will those 2 do? No facial expressions!!! They sure aren't going to like this at all! I hope they don't file a motion to excuse them from these rules. Hey, knowing them ya know, in their mind no rule but their rule applies....:loser::banghead:
But if they can't chomp on their gum and make their gnarly faces, how will we ever recognize them??????

I do feel that Judge Perry has been lenient so far in the courtroom. However, with this being a highly publicized case and the tensions that are sure to arise in the courtroom, I'm glad to see that he intends to keep everyone on their best behavior. I do have to wonder though, after reading his rules of decorum, if the Anthony's have finally realized that they have been very rude and disrespectful in their behaviors up to this point. I would be embarrassed to death to realize that for myself.

I have always felt that you should behave and dress for a courtroom exactly the way you would for church. That's an easy one to comprehend - I think.

Where do they say this. I only saw something on how passes will be issued? Thanks.

I can't believe they've been allowed to chew gum previously (chomping with an open mouth!). Let's see if that rule is enforced. I hope so 'cause it's rude to begin with (the open-mouth chomping), much less in a courtroom setting.

The gestures/facial expressions one is interesting ... it's kinda difficult for someone who feels passionately about something to control a nodding of the head or a grimace. It's almost involuntary at times. I know that some people (CA) exaggerate their expressions purposefully though so it'll be very interesting for me to see if/how that rule is enforced.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back