IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you can because the two pictures are from different points of observation so they carry different perspective.

I think that's the point the original poster was trying to make. (I hope anyway). How would one get that particular angel while standing on the bridge? Perhaps it's not possible making it more likely that it was a grab from a trail cam. They are used in many places to protect historic sites from vandalism.

Not sure if this has already been said but is there a chance this guy saw these two girls being dropped off and heard they were getting picked up at certain time so knew they were alone. He would then have time to do whatever these sickos do and time to get away.
I don't think they planned to meet him but i do think he planned it and if it wasn't these girls her murdered he would have targeted a lone female.

Same here. I think he acted suspiciously after getting on to the bridge. In fact from their vantage point, the girls may have seen him on the far shore, as they got to the other end of the bridge.

Guy gets on the bridge. Looks a little odd. Starts looking behind him, towards the parking lot. Girls are now off the bridge, observing, but figure they're safe, yet whispering to each other about their observations, and perhaps what to do next. They figured there was no cause for alarm as they were off of the bridge, and, besides, had most likely never encountered a problem in the park, before.

I think that's the point the original poster was trying to make. (I hope anyway). How would one get that particular angel while standing on the bridge? Perhaps it's not possible making it more likely that it was a grab from a trail cam. They are used in many places to protect historic sites from vandalism.

It was already stated that there are no trail cams there though. Or do you mean that just some random member of the public may have installed one somewhere on their own for their own purposes?

So this might be the most obvious stupid question ever but once you cross the bridge is the only way back to cross over the opposite way? There is not a trail below the bridge that returns you to the car park?

Here is the situation in the end of the bridge (from the GIS map/ property search of Carroll County):

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Source:
http://publicrecords.onlinesearches.com/view/slid/11484

-Nin

Attachments

• Indiana bridge SE end situation GIS map Carroll County Property Search.jpg
    Indiana bridge SE end situation GIS map Carroll County Property Search.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 457
  • Indiana bridge SE end situation GIS map Carroll County Property Search2.jpg
    Indiana bridge SE end situation GIS map Carroll County Property Search2.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 460
  • Indiana bridge SE end situation GIS map Carroll County Property Search3.jpg
    Indiana bridge SE end situation GIS map Carroll County Property Search3.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 460
(This is totally o/t...one time many moons ago I was camping in the Texas woods, State Park, with my boyfriend. We had the terrible luck of it poooouring down rain from the time we got there on a Friday, ongoing for 2 or 3 days. We couldnt build a fire and we were miserable and freeeeezing our butts off. Then like a gift from God 2 guys drove up on a golf cart, maintenance workers for the park, and delivered us some dry firewood....ahhhhh...So I was like "thank you guys sooooo much, you saved our lives, etc, etc...can I get you guys anything? Beer?..." One guy said a cigarette, so we gave him one...anyway, these guys were not threatening looking at all, I'd describe one as a sweet grandpa type...so anyway, we end up hanging around the fire shooting the breeze, and I'm like, "So, how long have you guys been working for the park?"

punchline in progress
Queue the Banjos from Deliverance...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

IMO Here I go with the timeframe again. It fits.
1:00 pm Family member drops off the girls to hike for a few hours
1: 00 pm-2:00 p.m. Girls play on the track (Snapchat photos). The suspect (a loner such as a farmhand/day laborer/migrant worker) stalks the girls and realizes they are alone.
2 pm - 3 pm The girls hike over to the cemetery area, not sure when suspect approaches them.
3 pm - 4 pm Suspect committed crimes on private property.

IMO

It sure would have been a huge oversight on the perp's part not to seek out and retrieve any cellphones that the girls he just murdered might have on them? As far as he knew, they could have texted someone about him, taken photos of him, be transmitting their cellphone location to police, etc. Are people (even perps) really that stupid?

Me too. So frustrating. I picture them re-hashing the whole "don't just post random pictures of people's facebooks who you think looks similar" type of thing....remain vigilant, re-state that we need to re-think if we saw ANYTHING out of the ordinary that day, and MAYBE give us some little bait like where the pic came from. I don't expect much more. Something to keep us interested but not give us much to go on. IMO.

I wonder if they have a sketch of the "man in black" that was reported to be on the bridge that day? Has LE said anything in regards to that eyewitness report ?

Easy. I am a photographer. Sitting, laying down to get a different perspective, a tilted camera or phone, an attempt at being artsy, etc. etc.

ETA: A selfie-stick that is not being held up/out perfectly straight.....

After playing around a bit more, I have to agree with your point. If someone were sitting on the platform, you could get a more acute angle like that seen in the image of the subject.

So, I'm back to being undecided on the subject.
*shrug*

It was already stated that there are no trail cams there though. Or do you mean that just some random member of the public may have installed one somewhere on their own for their own purposes?

The flyer by LE in the first post says video. Also, Sgt. Riley stated there was a camera in the area, but didn't know where. (He's the communications officer...) i am not aware of LE stating anything other than this. I feel like the photo talk is not confirmed by LE or MSM. I may have missed something though, it's a lot to follow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sure would have been a huge oversight on the perp's part not to seek out and retrieve any cellphones that the girls he just murdered might have on them? As far as he knew, they could have texted someone about him, taken photos of him, be transmitting their cellphone location to police, etc. Are people (even perps) really that stupid?

I am guessing the first thing he said is give me your phone/toss it, etc...

Question. Do we know for sure that the pic of Abby and the pic of POI on bridge are both heading towards the dead end side of the trail? And, is the only way to get to where the girls were found by crossing the bridge or the creek?

My theory is this at this point. Girls dropped off - either with the intentions of meeting someone they thought was a teenage boy from SM OR just enjoying a day off of school. If it's a SM meetup, they arrived ahead of time - walked, chatted, took pics, planned to meet close to bridge or other side of bridge. This is when the pic of Abby was taken. Just messing around taking pics and editing them, having fun. Insert unknown here.... but this is where something goes down. They somehow get to the area of where they were found (my opinion is either at gun/knifepoint or they for some reason trusted him) He kills one right away. Unknown happening again. Kills other. Escapes before the ride picks them up. Not sure which way he left, but we don't know that he WASN'T spotted because there's still the chance that the lady did see him and that's how the pic came about. Not much time needed. The lady wouldn't have necessarily been suspicious, as people have mentioned he could have been in the background of her pic or video. Makes me sick (When referring to the lady I'm referring to the lady who was on the trail that day).

The guy is pretty brazen to have murdered/abducted two girls in broad daylight in a relatively public place. He had no way of knowing if other people would appear on the bridge or the trails below. The weather was mild and school was out for the day increasing the likelihood of other hikers in the area.

We preach to children not to travel alone, to stay in pairs (or more) to increase the possibility of staying safe. Pairs aren't even safe anymore. Maybe we need to start teaching children that they might as well yell and scream as loud as they can, even if they are being threatened and told to stay quiet because in all honesty the person is probably going to kill them anyhow even if they are quiet so they might as well make a lot of noise. Sad reality for the next few generations of kids.

I think the simplest explanation is the best. The police appealed for the man to come forward, or anyone who may know who he is to come forward, stating he may be a witness shortly after they appealed for anyone that was in the area that day, and may have seen anything or taken pictures to come forward. I think someone was at the end of the bridge, maybe sat to the side taking pics or video and caught this man waking along. It's obviously not great quality but not everyone has a phone that takes good quality video, LE did state it came from a video.

They maybe are not saying it was a member of the public for their safety, they may not have seen him well, or noticed him much at the time for a clear description, but they may be sacred he saw and got a good look at them. He is still out there after all and a witness could be scared he thinks they can identify him, idk it may be from LG's phone, just thinking out loud.

Really wishing it was tomorrow already.

The guy is pretty brazen to have murdered/abducted two girls in broad daylight in a relatively public place. He had no way of knowing if other people would appear on the bridge or the trails below. The weather was mild and school was out for the day increasing the likelihood of other hikers in the area.

We preach to children not to travel alone, to stay in pairs (or more) to increase the possibility of staying safe. Pairs aren't even safe anymore. Maybe we need to start teaching children that they might as well yell and scream as loud as they can, even if they are being threatened and told to stay quiet because in all honesty the person is probably going to kill them anyhow even if they are quiet so they might as well make a lot of noise. Sad reality for the next few generations of kids.

My big thing is not let anyone even enter your perimeter if possible...keep your distance. I posted something all about this, I'll try to find the link. The problem with this is if they have a gun you are screwed. Also, sometimes they literally bum rush you.

That's what I've told my children.

Oh heck. He is moving the position of his right hand to inside or under his jacket

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

i agree. before seeing the gif version again, i had thought it looked like he was reaching for something at his side or back waist band, not that his hand was in his pocket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry if this has been asked before, but were Lyric and Lizzie found on the 13th or went missing then. Just wondering if there was any connection with the 13th?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm not sure if someone else answered you but Liz and Lyric went missing on July 13th. Not sure if it means something to the killer or not. But it is interesting.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member