2011.05.05 Verdict Watch (day 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evidence request from jury (put together using news and video research from other posters as well - sunshine for the DEF customer loyalty recs). Does this look correct? Does anyone has better specifics for the phone records?

STATE#s 2,3 (crime scene photos)

NC upper back
NC lower back

STATE#5 (misidentified by jury as photo - clarification request)

VFD dispatch report 7/14

STATE#6 (misidentified by jury as photo - clarification request)

WCSO deputy's notes from 7/14

STATE#s 58,59,60

Det. Dismukes photos of master bathroom (shower, shower door)

STATE#s 32,303,304,321

(3) BC cell phone records - includes month of July 08 bill which was dated 8/8, (1) NC cell phone records

DEFENSE#4 (customer loyalty records HT)

the following HT purchases:
3/18/08,milk purchased at 1:29AM
4/27/08 Milk, bananas and green juice purchased 1:10AM

DEFENSE#170 (customer loyalty records BJs)

BJ's receipts that showed the 30 bottles of Tide purchased

Depositions: 600,601,602

BC entire 7 hour deposition for the Oct 08 civil custody case. A transcript of it that was introduced into evidence shows that portions had been redacted and withheld from the jury, which jurors are unaware of. Instead of offering the entire deposition for their deliberations, the judge told the jury he needed to know more about what they wanted. jury did not send clarification Wednesday.

I know that DEF170 was the HT records - I know this because I re-watched that testimony early this morning.

{snipped}

I hope I did this correctly. I wasn't aware of the two receipts bolded. My heavens did these people shop in the middle of the night often. I have been in bed at least 4-5 hours prior to these times. Wow, I didn't have missed this somewhere in the fray.

You snipped much more eloquently than I did. But this is correct - I just rewatched this portion of the testimony this morning.

Sure seems to me the bulk of what they are requesting is more "state" evidence - don't know whether this is to further convince themselves of guilt or to impeach the evidence?

Anyone with experience on past trials on whether there's a pattern to discern from jury requests?

Today is the day 1 juror wanted to move their child out of a dorm...perhaps they want to check status on it since there are 4 campus's within a moments distance.

That is the juror that was excused and replaced by an alternate.

{snipped}

I hope I did this correctly. I wasn't aware of the two receipts bolded. My heavens did these people shop in the middle of the night often. I have been in bed at least 4-5 hours prior to these times. Wow, I didn't have missed this somewhere in the fray.

The first one was a Tuesday. Brad indicated in his deposition that he often worked late hours and would then go to the gym after and get home after everyone was in bed. This could have been a pick up on the way home for him. The April date was on Sunday morning. That also could have been on the way home after being out at a party or get together at a friend's house.

I have been trying to get through the deposition again. I seem to recall that 600, 601, 602 were brought up during Mr. Rentz's testimony. But work keeps getting in the way..

Kelly

Posted this on yesterdays thread but wanted to say Thanks to all the great posts over the past 6 days. Have been away and not able to post but kept up with the reading.

Your posts and insights gave me the Cooper Trial fix I needed. Awesome information you all shared and Polk Salad Annie - wow even a great song!

You are all the best and 'thanks for keeping the lights on'.

I know people here often like to bring up other cases to point out similarities to this one (young, abaroa, the various petersons) so along that same line of thinking I think the trial of the Edenton Seven deserves a look as well. You may find some very disturbing similarities.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/anderson/anderson168.html

Thanks for posting. What happened to those accused at The Little Rascals Day Care should not be forgotten.

You snipped much more eloquently than I did. But this is correct - I just rewatched this portion of the testimony this morning.

Sure seems to me the bulk of what they are requesting is more "state" evidence - don't know whether this is to further convince themselves of guilt or to impeach the evidence?

Anyone with experience on past trials on whether there's a pattern to discern from jury requests?

I was actually thinking along the same lines. It is not obvious either way it seems.

When did they buy 30 bottles of Tide? Who needs 30 bottles of Tide?

Kelly

I believe the 30 bottles of Tide is over some period of time. Could be a year or more, possibly 3 or more? It does show a pattern that laundry detergent was mostly purchased at BJs (and not at HT).

I don't know if I'd equate long lunch=they are close to a verdict. I'm more inclined to believe one or more has an errand. In fact if you remember there was a note from the jury at some point in April asking if this thing was going to be done by May. I get the impression more than one has things going on this month that they need to juggle.

I believe the 30 bottles of Tide is over some period of time. Could be a year or more, possibly 3 or more? It does show a pattern that laundry detergent was mostly purchased at BJs (and not at HT).

I understand now. I was racking my brain trying to remember when that was entered.

Thank you!

Back to the 2 hour lunch. Remember yesterday, the judge was on a personal phone call and did not realize the microphone was on. IIRC, he was stating that he had an obligation at Wyatt's (?) preschool at some point today.

That could be the REAL reason. No idea, but don't really think it matters that it was him that needed the time. Please let me repeat, this is pure speculation on my part.

I was actually thinking along the same lines. It is not obvious either way it seems.

Kelly

I don't think that was all in one shot, was it? I think they purchased 30 bottles of Tide over time.

I have been trying to get through the deposition again. I seem to recall that 600, 601, 602 were brought up during Mr. Rentz's testimony. But work keeps getting in the way..

Kelly
I have listened to part 7 of the deposition many times. This is the part where Brad talks about the events of the 11th and 12th.

It does show a pattern that laundry detergent was mostly purchased at BJs (and not at HT).

BJs doesn't open until 9:00 though, so if they were out and needed some immediately to start laundry, its HT.

Kelly

It must have been one heck of a buy and I wonder what time in the middle of the night that was purchased.

I understand the explanations too Cheyenne. I guess I didn't think with small children Brad would be working quite that late at night.

I don't think that was all in one shot, was it? I think they purchased 30 bottles of Tide over time.

Yes that is correct, I did not understand what the jury was requesting. I thought they were requesting the receipt. I did not realize it was the loyalty card information.

It must have been one heck of a buy and I wonder what time in the middle of the night that was purchased.

I understand the explanations too Cheyenne. I guess I didn't think with small children Brad would be working quite that late at night.

Its a customer loyalty record, a summary of specific purchases over a period of time - not a receipt from one trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff