SIDEBAR #56 - Travis Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
CJ, didn't you post about the weather forecasts being wrong for Indiana lol? Hopefully, you won't get drenched. The leaves are lovely in the pics you posted and I hate the thought of rain taking them all down. You are ahead of us in color change, however my dogwood out back ha beautiful purple leaves.

I haven't been anywhere to see nature at its finest so I am living vicariously through you all.

Spellbound, how is your pain today? Are you doing ok?

BBM
Except for a fat lip, I am doing much better than thought I would. No real pain, a bit hard to figure out how to eat. When the lip recedes I will be great.

how wonderful that you and KCL wll be doing New Years together. I am so happy she found a great guy and he is happy to be with her friends, too. Sounds like a fantastic time is in the works!

Spellbound, there is a medical phenomenon known as referred pain.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/referred+pain

Basically it is when pain is felt in another part of the body that is not the source. I have taken it one step further by osmosis. My mouth has been hurting for the last 2 days since I knew you were going in for this dental procedure.

Every time I see or hear of something that sounds incredibly painful, my mouth actually hurts as in throbs. It is a throwback to 1969 when I got braces and I have never forgotten that pain. In the ER, we would see some of the most gruesome injuries and my hand was always on my mouth or I would hear a tale and say "Stop, you are making my mouth hurt".

So hopefully, you are not having too much pain because my mouth still hurts lol and I am bearing it for you. I kept wondering why I kept putting my hand there and then it dawned on me. So that phrase "I feel your pain"? Trust me, I do. Hey! What are SB friends for?

Nore, thank you so much for all the good wishes. Right back at you. I have been hoping you were doing ok with your breathing with all the changes that come with fall. Please take good care! Xo

Spellbound, there is a medical phenomenon known as referred pain.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/referred+pain

Basically it is when pain is felt in another part of the body that is not the source. I have taken it one step further by osmosis. My mouth has been hurting for the last 2 days since I knew you were going in for this dental procedure.

Every time I see or hear of something that sounds incredibly painful, my mouth actually hurts as in throbs. It is a throwback to 1969 when I got braces and I have never forgotten that pain. In the ER, we would see some of the most gruesome injuries and my hand was always on my mouth or I would hear a tale and say "Stop, you are making my mouth hurt".

So hopefully, you are not having too much pain because my mouth still hurts lol and I am bearing it for you. I kept wondering why I kept putting my hand there and then it dawned on me. So that phrase "I feel your pain"? Trust me, I do. Hey! What are SB friends for?

Oh no, Zuri! I have absolutely no pain .... is it because you took it away? I am sorry ..... please let it go.

I had a dog who went into false labor the day I went to the hospital to have my first baby. She didn't come out of her corner until I got home.

Our infamous prisoner is at it again according to Juan's Support Page on FB. Apparently she wants a copy of his book for "camera inspection", thinks he may have used information that is protected. A motion was filed October 21. I guess Beth Karas has the motion on her site, but I don't have access there. What else can she do to pass her days but file wasteful motions? She should cover Juan's book in her book club.

KCL and her DH are coming to Philly for New Years Eve and my DH and I are going to spend NYE with them. I am so excited! I am not a NYE person and never go out, so this will be fun because just being with them is fun. She is a bang up travel agent as she planned it all and got us a great hotel and dinner reservations so we can watch the fireworks from the restaurant.

Do you all celebrate NYE with friends or family or in front of the TV? I haven't gone out for NYE in 20 years lol and usually just watch the ball drop in NYC on TV. I love having something to look forward to. Hopefully by then I will have something to wear that fits.

I don't get that into it, but it happens to be the birthday of a dear friend's husband. I go up there and we have some kind of special dinner. (I DO spend the night there since I can't imagine a worse way of starting off the new year than being hit by a drunk driver.) In the morning we sleep in, then make some kind of brunch. Sometimes there are visitors who didn't have a chance to come by for Christmas. It's all kind of ad hoc. Good enough for me!

But your plans sound very fun -- hope you all have a great time! It's also soooo wonderful that you have something to look forward to. Spending time with good friends is better than any Rx to make you feel better! :)

Oh no, Zuri! I have absolutely no pain .... is it because you took it away? I am sorry ..... please let it go.

I had a dog who went into false labor the day I went to the hospital to have my first baby. She didn't come out of her corner until I got home.

Our infamous prisoner is at it again according to Juan's Support Page on FB. Apparently she wants a copy of his book for "camera inspection", thinks he may have used information that is protected. A motion was filed October 21. I guess Beth Karas has the motion on her site, but I don't have access there. What else can she do to pass her days but file wasteful motions? She should cover Juan's book in her book club.

AS IF he didn't have everything vetted before the book went to print... Publishers have lawyers for that sort of thing. But wait, Martinez is ALSO a lawyer...

whatever Jodi...

Hey All!

Okay - the Huz has prostate cancer, which spread to his bone marrow, and that is why the red blood cells are not producing. BUT! The hematologist said he has a pill that is very effective, which will be mailed to the Huz. He asked about life/death percentage, and the doctor said 80% to live, 20% die; so that seems like a GOOD percentage for this, I believe! My Bro-in-law has lived with his prostate cancer for at least 7 years now, so I'm hoping this pill will help reproduce some red blood cells for the Huz, and he can get on living! He's going to have a MRI done - they have to call us to set up an appointment; also the hematologist checked his prostate and it is of normal size, it's not enlarged - so I guess that is a good sign, right? :waitasec:

Zuri - what do you think?

Will have to wait for tomorrow for your answer.... as I'm about to log off now!

See you all tomorrow!

:seeya:

Hey All!

Okay - the Huz has prostate cancer, which spread to his bone marrow, and that is why the red blood cells are not producing. BUT! The hematologist said he has a pill that is very effective, which will be mailed to the Huz. He asked about life/death percentage, and the doctor said 80% to live, 20% die; so that seems like a GOOD percentage for this, I believe! My Bro-in-law has lived with his prostate cancer for at least 7 years now, so I'm hoping this pill will help reproduce some red blood cells for the Huz, and he can get on living! He's going to have a MRI done - they have to call us to set up an appointment; also the hematologist checked his prostate and it is of normal size, it's not enlarged - so I guess that is a good sign, right? :waitasec:

See you all tomorrow!

That actually sounds pretty promising! But best of all, you finally have an answer. I will look forward to what Zuri has to add...

1947 - This is Nora Drake premiered on NBC radio. Nora solved domestic, social and child-raising problems until January 2, 1959.

[video=youtu;mAMZbY7etYo]http://youtu.be/mAMZbY7etYo[/video]

We received excellent news today. The murderer in our family has a new eligible parole date set. May 2159. His original date was May 2013, Twenty three years of a ninety nine year sentence for premeditated murder. He had two other offenses that earned him five years when he stabbed another inmate at dinner one night, and has been a bad boy and done something to else to earn more time. He turned forty five last year.

[video=youtu;8ybCyqvPbjE]http://youtu.be/8ybCyqvPbjE[/video]

Hey All!

See you all tomorrow!

Ouch.... sorry about the diagnosis, but I am glad to know the odds are in his favor. Now, if he will keep a positive outlook he has an even better chance to beat this. I hope Zuri can add some feedback for us. Good luck to you and your Huz, Niner. At least we are now working with a diagnosis and proper treatment can begin. :hug:

We received excellent news today. The murderer in our family has a new eligible parole date set. May 2159. His original date was May 2013, Twenty three years of a ninety nine year sentence for premeditated murder. He had two other offenses that earned him five years when he stabbed another inmate at dinner one night, and has been a bad boy and done something to else to earn more time. He turned forty five last year.

http://youtu.be/8ybCyqvPbjE

Finally, some true justice will be served! Thanks for sharing this, Pages. Sounds like he is exactly where he should be, and he needs to stay there. 44 + 45 = 89 years old in 2159. Think he may make it?

Ouch.... sorry about the diagnosis, but I am glad to know the odds are in his favor. Now, if he will keep a positive outlook he has an even better chance to beat this. I hope Zuri can add some feedback for us. Good luck to you and your Huz, Niner. At least we are now working with a diagnosis and proper treatment can begin. :hug:

Finally, some true justice will be served! Thanks for sharing this, Pages. Sounds like he is exactly where he should be, and he needs to stay there. 44 + 45 = 89 years old in 2159. Think he may make it?

If he makes it. That's a hundred and forty years from now, and I heard prison ages you, no matter how young you are when you get there.

[video=youtu;vdSqLfuRN18]http://youtu.be/vdSqLfuRN18[/video]

Hey All!

See you all tomorrow!

Niner, I am so sorry to hear that your husband has prostate CA. I think a Urologist and Oncologist will probably be involved in his care and can give you better, more accurate answers. The prostate size at this time is not necessarily an indicator of anything one way or another.

It sounds like your DH is going to need more testing, especially with his other underlying medical problems, to develop a treatment plan. Typically, a chemo drug like Lupron, an anti testosterone producing drug, can be given orally.

The fact that your husband is young is a good thing. Hopefully the doctors can control the spread of the cancer in the bones and to other organ systems. No wonder he was in so much pain. They will know a whole lot more when they do the MRI. I hope he will continue to see his cardiologist as well for his arrythmias and his team can put it all together for both of you.

Regretfully, I had suspected something like this might be part of the problem. I apologize for having given you very vague answers before, but I simply could not give you the differential diagnoses that included this possibility.

For me personally, this news is heartbreaking as I know you are in for a long haul of up and down appointments and treatments with your husband. Your generosity of spirit and love of life is so contagious and is actually the best medicine for your DH. Prostate CA is a very treatable form of cancer and it is my hope and prayers that your DH will be amongst that 80% and they can stop it dead in its track.

Whatever you need, whatever we can do from this virtual universe, please let us know. I have briefed my DH MD on your latest news and he joins me in sending JINGLES (definitely my word, not his, but his sentiment lol) your way for both of you. Xoxoxoxo

Niner, did the hematologist mention anything about a bone marrow transplant once they start your DH on chemo? And does California have a bone marrow donor bank?

This is kinda out of my DH's wheelhouse as he is a GP and is more involved in the front end work up and diagnosis part of cancer. It sounds as though your husband is in good hands. I have woken my husband up 4 times with a ton of questions since I read your post so hopefully I can get more coherent answers tomorrow.

What I do know is that your attitude and positivity will be the best medicine your DH could ever have. How lucky he is to have you. Xo

Pages, I was off by 100 years! Oh my, he will be a very old lad by the time he is eligible for release.

Zuri, thank you for adding your thoughts regarding prostate cancer. We will all be here for the ups and downs and will see Niner and Huz through this. There will be a lot of jingling on the SB!!

On a side note, I am relieved to have discovered that my DH had fallen asleep watching tv downstairs and I kept calling him on his cell phone so I didn't have to go down the stairs to ask him questions. He sounded so out of it I thought he had gotten into the Single Malt Scotch et al, which would be a rarity. So DH asleep, not intoxicated. Check. I can sleep now.

Niner- many prayers for you and DH and the medical team. JINGLES! JINGLES! JINGLES! We will all be here for you! :loveyou:

SWEET! If you're looking to get on anyone's good side-- it's National Chocolate Day!
12065705_10153703112184730_9220265019547342256_n.jpg

It is a very VERY windy and rainy day here today. :raincloud: The dogs will not want to go outside :nono:

my thanks button does not want to work and the page keeps kicking me out. :sigh: (on iPad)

When I'm an old lady, I'll live with each kid,
And bring so much happiness just as they did.

I want to pay back all the joy they've provided.
Returning each deed! Oh, they'll be so excited!
When I'm an old lady and live with my kids.

I'll write on the walls with reds, whites and blues,
And I'll bounce on the furniture wearing my shoes.
I'll drink from the carton and then leave it out.
I'll stuff all the toilets and oh, how they'll shout!

When they're on the phone and just out of reach,
I'll get into things like sugar and bleach.
Oh, they'll snap their fingers and then shake their head,

When they cook dinner and call me to eat,
I'll not eat my green beans or salad or meat,
I'll gag on my okra, spill milk on the table,
And when they get angry I'll run if I'm able!

I'll sit close to the TV, through channels I'll click,
I'll cross both eyes just to see if they stick.
I'll take off my socks and throw one away,
And play in the mud 'til the end of the day!

And later in bed, I'll lay back and sigh,
I'll thank God in prayer and then close my eyes.
My kids will look down with a smile slowly creeping,
And say with a groan, "She's so sweet when she's sleeping!"
-by Joanne Bailey Baxter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads