Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think that would depend on the credibility of the person telling it...then of course they would have to have evidence to back it up.

There must be a reason.. Would the arrest be under county lock up?
Maybe it was just for questioning, remember " or he knew who did it"

I would be very surprised to find out that authorities had not already looked into any weapons in the home....

(And as an aside: I think I'm going to have a coronary waiting for this case to break.)

I would be very surprised to find out that authorities had not already looked into any weapons in the home....

(And as an aside: I think I'm going to have a coronary waiting for this case to break.)

You and me both tap.

I forgot to take my blood pressure pill today.. I just took it really!!!

(Slightly OT, sorry) You know, I'm starting to think it wasn't such a good idea to subscribe to 6 threads and have the "instant" e-mail notification turned on... My blackberry has been dinging CONSTANTLY for the past 4 hours! :p

(Slightly OT, sorry) You know, I'm starting to think it wasn't such a good idea to subscribe to 6 threads and have the "instant" e-mail notification turned on... My blackberry has been dinging CONSTANTLY for the past 4 hours! :p

Stop it! My cheeks hurt from smiling and laughing!!!

nothing to add to thread just that count me among those waiting anxiously for this case to break. I have not forgotten these girls and have kept checking back often in hopes of **something**.. Hope this is it.

OOPS !!! :beamup: thats funny... I liked this new smiley thing... its beam me up.. I never seen it before...

I am pretty sure you guys have already discussed this, but it burned me up when I read this:

Golden, who now lives in Oklahoma City, said the fear of police persecution is one reason the large Indian community isn't talking.

"We're not going to get treated fairly," she said shortly after the murders. "Automatically people are assuming that this Indian did something wrong just because he was in the vicinity."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,408781,00.html

Even the Bandidos wouldn't cover up for scum who possibly killed two little girls...but now this woman is saying our Indian community WILL?!?! WTH?! NOT the Indians I know!!! GRRRRRRR! :furious::furious::furious:

I am pretty sure you guys have already discussed this, but it burned me up when I read this:

Golden, who now lives in Oklahoma City, said the fear of police persecution is one reason the large Indian community isn't talking.

"We're not going to get treated fairly," she said shortly after the murders. "Automatically people are assuming that this Indian did something wrong just because he was in the vicinity."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,408781,00.html

Even the Bandidos wouldn't cover up for scum who possibly killed two little girls...but now this woman is saying our Indian community WILL?!?! WTH?! NOT the Indians I know!!! GRRRRRRR! :furious::furious::furious:

This is certainly not unique to the Native American community. Sadly, it is happening all over the US. "Snitches" are targeted and they fear for their lives. And with good reason, I'm afraid. There has to be a better way for those who have valuable information to come forward without fear of retribution - NOT from LE, but from their own people. :confused:

Just Nos'n Around - thanks for posting article re roadblock. I pulled out text from the article (below) to review what they checked for. Since they started this on a Sunday and the crimes occurred on a Sunday, sounds like this was done to get any new or additional info from anyone who may have been driving in the area on Sun June 8 as a follow up to earlier interviews they did? I wonder if it yielded any additional info.
===========
Local Paper – Aug 22 – Scanned image posted by Just Nos’n Around
Sunday and Monday (Aug 17 & 18) – Roadblock from Bryant Rd to just south of the residence once occupied by the Placker family

According to a form found after officials had left, this is what they were looking for:
Road Block Canvas
Location of Road Block
Advise drivers of nature of investigation
· Vehicle registration, State, Tag
· Vehicle description
· Completely ID all vehicle occupants
· How often do they travel route
· Did they travel on the date of the incident
· What time did they travel and what vehicle
· What did they observe
· Determine time they made observation and how they established time
· What other vehicle observed at the time
· What people were observed at that time
· Obtain any information they can provide
· If appropriate obtain permission to search vehicle
Date, Time, Officer

http://deco-01.slide.com/r/1/208/dl/jyDWgFEe4T9r_9GzRo6nY6AbYaf0d6uE/watermark

Not sure if posted already, but I saw a more recent one in Aug for Christopher (Taylor's brother) when looking for any recent Placker records. Just for information purposes.

Date Filed: 08/05/2008
  • Domestic A&B (Assault & Battery) By Strangulation
  • Defendant PLACKER, CHRISTOPHER RYAN - SALLISAW OK
http://www.odcr.com/detail.php?Case=068-CF%20%200800319&County=068-

Date Filed: 07/25/2008
  • Protective Order
  • Martin, Christy vs. Placker, Christopher R. (Defendant)
  • 07/28/2008 SHERIFF'S RETURN SERVED (CHRISTOPHER RYAN PLACKER) BY LEAVING A COPY WITH RESIDENT ON 7-25-08
  • 08/19/2008 CM: AJH DISMISSED WITH COST TO PLAINTIFF
http://www.odcr.com/detail.php?Case=068-PO%20%200800193&County=068-

Originally Posted by Missing Sarah
We are also going to visit Claudia next week-end, if our plans work out. Just to take her a card, and chat a bit see how she is doing

Are you still planning to go over & see Claudia?

Not sure if posted already, but I saw a more recent one in Aug for Christopher (Taylor's brother) when looking for any recent Placker records. Just for information purposes.

Date Filed: 08/05/2008
  • Domestic A&B (Assault & Battery) By Strangulation
  • Defendant PLACKER, CHRISTOPHER RYAN - SALLISAW OK
http://www.odcr.com/detail.php?Case=068-CF%20%200800319&County=068-

Date Filed: 07/25/2008
  • Protective Order
  • Martin, Christy vs. Placker, Christopher R. (Defendant)
  • 07/28/2008 SHERIFF'S RETURN SERVED (CHRISTOPHER RYAN PLACKER) BY LEAVING A COPY WITH RESIDENT ON 7-25-08
  • 08/19/2008 CM: AJH DISMISSED WITH COST TO PLAINTIFF
http://www.odcr.com/detail.php?Case=068-PO%20%200800193&County=068-
Thank you for this information, cloud :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa