FL - Tracy Ocasio, 27, Orlando/Ocoee, 27 May 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Creating discussion forum...
Here's latest article that i know of

OCOEE, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35, Orlando) - 27-year-old Tracy Ocasio is described by family and friends, as a die hard Magic fan. Her mother Elizabeth says, Tracy would have loved watching Saturday's game, "She wouldn't miss that game for all the world there is no reason why she would not want to see that, so if she's not seeing it, it's because she can't."

tracy.jpg

tracy2.jpg

Leaving prayers for Tracy, her family & friends and WS searchers.

Amytlake, wish I could help you out but am already in over my head with cases. Lurkers...if you are in the FL area and are feeling timid about registering re nothing to offer...you are wrong! Your needed. Please join and help Amytlake out.

For anyone that wishes to join in the discussion on this thread, amy started a thread in the support area also and there are a few posts that have articles with info in them also.

I checked for updates this AM and found none as of yet.

I'm still curious about the man she was last seen with.

Were there any other bars out the western direction that she could have stopped by?
Any after hour food joints that she and friends would have frequented in that western area?
Any toll booths?
Was she seen actually getting into her vehicle with the man, or just seen walking out of the door with him?

Did they actually "release" the video or just review the video?

UPDATE!! LAST GUY SHE WAS WITH!!! James Virgil Hataway!!! Apparently he lives a block away from where her car was found and her phone pinged that area at 8:30am Wedneday morning.
I'll find more info and post it.. They brought this guy in as person of interest!!!

His current inmate photo and description (i don't have time to crop the pic right now but i will in an hour or so)

http://www.orangecountyfl.net/bailbond/default.asp?REDID={AD575B0E-5FA8-447E-B8CE-432A446BF855}&BookNumber=09025945&ID=5433015517885

Also, i just looked at myorangeclerk for his criminal record. he was just arresed on 4/19 for criminal mischief and was out on bond. Also, in 1998 he was arrested on 3-6 felony counts of theft and burglary. So he's no stranger to the breaking of the law.

A judge issued a $500 bond for Hataway on the drug charges, but he is being held without bond for violating the conditions of his release from a previous charge. Hataway is out on bond from a February criminal mischief charge.

Police said cell phone records place Ocasio in the area of Hataway's home around 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, despite his claims that she left. Police are not ruling out the possibility she left and had car trouble.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19628565/detail.html?treets=orlpn&tml=orlpn_12pm&ts=T&tmi=orlpn_12pm_1_10550106022009

I checked all those dumpsters myself on Saturday. In fact my friend and i checked most of the dumpsters in the area. We did a foot search in the surrounding area. We did not go onto Lyle street though, but we were on Taylor and oakland (east of Taylor). We went down the tracks - looked in the trains, the 16wheeler trucks around, an abandoned house - we checked just about all we legally could. half of the dumpsters around were practically empty (so prob emptied between the time of her missing and Saturday) the others were very full but had no foul smell (smelled of boxes or rotting fruit).

they should check the dumpsters from the building in the top right corner of the map. It is not far from her car.

the WFTV article is not clear in terms of police saying she was in the area till 8:30am according to cell phone records.

Was a call or text made or do they mean PING? I'm thinking PING and her cell battery ran out of juice or someone who may have been in possession of it turned it off .

NOT LOOKING GOOD.

we checked the tractor trailers too - underneath them and in a number of them - not all - there were lurkers aroudn so we didn't stay too long.
we looked in the dumpster over there too.
most of the tractor trailers were locked up - but a few were broken and could be used for squatting but we checked out the ones that seemed like someone could be in them.
then again - we didn't open the backs of ALL of them.
I think they need to focus on the woods back by the guys house on Lyle and the wooded area between it and the railroad tracks.
In order for him to get to the lake, though he'd have to literally travel by the main police station. seems too risky to me - the police station is due east on bluford from where her car was found - i don't think he ventured too far with her if he took her somewhere.. i think the cops need to stay in a small radius from his house. Where does his Dad live? maybe nothing is noticable in James' house b/c maybe they never went there -they went to his dads?
Apparently yesterday when his dad heard that his son's name was connected, he drove to the police station, cussed out everyone, cops and media - threw a bottle at them and sped off.
what a nutcase. and THAT is james' alibi. that guys rap sheet (the dad) isn't too great either. Child neglect (not feeding his child) when James was 13.. and some other things.. i looked up his record.
So we aren't dealing with the greatest of citizens here.
it wouldn't surprise me if the Dad was involved.. being that he's the "alibi"

I was thinking of the woods too when I saw the map that you brought here amy.

Frightening!, that poor girl. Have to believe LE is also checking out the various routes possibly taken from the bar to his neighborhood. Something could have happened in the parking lot at the bar and he very well could have driven her auto.
Wonder how long it's going to take to get forensics back on the car?

Anyone know if a search warrant has been issued for his residence?

This is makes me cringe:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/orl-bk-tracy-ocasio-missing-ocoee-060209,0,608376.story

10:13 AM CDT, June 2, 2009

An Orange County judge ruled this morning that James Virgil Hataway, questioned in connection with the case of missing Ocoee resident Tracy Ocasio, will remain in jail.

While determining his bail, Judge Heather Higbee questioned Hataway's prior juvenile conviction of kidnapping and bodily injury out of Hillsborough County.

Picture of her Mother and Father at the link. Prayers for them, I don't think this will turn out well for them.

Frightening!, that poor girl. Have to believe LE is also checking out the various routes possibly taken from the bar to his neighborhood. Something could have happened in the parking lot at the bar and he very well could have driven her auto.
Wonder how long it's going to take to get forensics back on the car?

Anyone know if a search warrant has been issued for his residence?

This is the reference I could find Fifth.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/orange_news/060209ocasio_search

Updated: Tuesday, 02 Jun 2009, 1:50 PM EDT

Around 7 p.m. last night, investigators searched Hataway's home on Lyle Street in Ocoee which is a block away from where Tracy's Chevy Colbalt was discovered...

...Sgt. Mike Bryant said there were no signs that Tracy was inside Hataway's home. "We had cadaver dogs search this property as a precaution. Nothing at the house indicated she had been there," Bryant said.(My comment in Blue, I'm sure they took forensics at the home that they eare waiting on too, they are probably talking about visual evidence)...

..."They had a warrant to search the house because he was the last person seen with her," father Joe Ocasio saod.

In one of the articles it states that the LE had cadaver dogs at the search of Hataway's home. I'm trying to remember~ isnt' there something about the body must be deceased a certain amount of time in a certain place before the dogs will be able to pick up the chemical compounds that come about when a human dies?

http://www.wesh.com/video/14515757/index.html
4pm LIVE news

3rd story ( including one about Anthony's taking down a cross & chasing women in a car-they have gone the the Sheriffs office and filed complaint-also have pic of GEO in the car that chased them)

Girl says last year Hataway tried to kill her. She came forward after seeing the news last night of his arrest. She had given him a ride to his home in Castleberry after a party, she went to give him a little hug goodbye & he tried to strangle her, she got out of car, began running and screaming, neighbors came out and I'm guessing he ran away.She has scars on both arms from falling. She described & demonstrates how he tried to put his fingers in her mouth to try to yank & snap her jaw/break her neck. She filed a complaint w/LE but they could not locate him at the time to question him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa