Crime Scene Animation by Websleuths Member grayhuze

grayhuze, I have several comments on several issues, but for now I have a question related to the brain/dura mater theory you show in the video. If you maintain that the bullet somehow missed the brain, how do you explain the bullet hole in the bottom of the cranial plate? It was described as larger than the entry wound due to tumbling. Autopsy report says it was about midline and Dr. Horn gestured to a point in between his eyes to indicate about where that exit hole was laterally. The bullet would have to have been inside the cranial cavity for it to exit through that bone (at the bottom of the cranium) and end up in the maxilla. And for it to exit the cranial cavity, it had to first enter it and in order for that to happen, the dura mater was perforated.

gotta love Thomas Sowell. love the guy. He is on Hannity from time to time although, not a huge fan of Hannity. I agree with your snippet from Sowell.

Ummmmm, what? Lol
Did you quote the wrong post? I didn't "snippet" anyone. :waitasec:

grayhuze, I have several comments on several issues, but for now I have a question related to the brain/dura mater theory you show in the video. If you maintain that the bullet somehow missed the brain, how do you explain the bullet hole in the bottom of the cranial plate? It was described as larger than the entry wound due to tumbling. Autopsy report says it was about midline and Dr. Horn gestured to a point in between his eyes to indicate about where that exit hole was laterally. The bullet would have to have been inside the cranial cavity for it to exit through that bone (at the bottom of the cranium) and end up in the maxilla. And for it to exit the cranial cavity, it had to first enter it and in order for that to happen, the dura mater was perforated.

That's one of the images I would like to see. I heard that described at trial but haven't seen the image of it. I would like to place a rod from the entry point down through that skull an see how that lines up with the brain. to me it looks like the bullet went under the frontal lobe.

It is? so you are saying that the shell couldn't have been kicked then bounced onto the pool? isn't that the same thing the bullet would have done in the gun last scenario? It ejects from the gun and bounced into the pool.

I agree the shell casing could have ended up like it was and the shot still could have been first.

Beside the simple way of her just kicking it by accident before she left,
Another way it could have happened is if we agree 1st shot jammed and the casing was never properly ejected from the gun (ive had this happen before). Then while Jodi was doing final cleanup, she investigated the gun and figured out how to clear the jammed casing, and it flew into the blood.

duramater.jpg
when I look at images of the skull I can see how the bullet, even while perforating the dura -mater would miss the brain, perhaps traveling through the dura mater and the Subarachnoid space. Imagine a downward angled shot in this image. It breaks through the bone then goes straight down then enters the face again but misses the brain.
something like this.
duramater2.jpg

Regarding the possibility of JA using a stun gun, I think there was a photo of 2 marks on Travis body that looked about the right size of a possible stun gun marks. I think some of the past stun gun discussions had included that picture in some of the discussions.

I dont have that pic handy but I do remember seeing it and it did look like the marks could have possibly been made by a stun gun, but then again its like a lot of things with this case.

I think we will always have 2 camps with the Gun First or Gun Last. I think it is good to have healthy debates on it, and we all just need to be careful to respect everyone's opinions.

These new animations are great and another "tool" that can be used.
Thanks for providing them to us here at WS.

Regarding the possibility of JA using a stun gun, I think there was a photo of 2 marks on Travis body that looked about the right size of a possible stun gun marks. I think some of the past stun gun discussions had included that picture in some of the discussions.

I dont have that pic handy but I do remember seeing it and it did look like the marks could have possibly been made by a stun gun, but then again its like a lot of things with this case.

I think we will always have 2 camps with the Gun First or Gun Last. I think it is good to have healthy debates on it, and we all just need to be careful to respect everyone's opinions.

These new animations are great and another "tool" that can be used.
Thanks for providing them to us here at WS.

That's true. yeah..I would like to see the stungun image. anyhow, my purpose here wasn't to debate horn. that was just one of many videos I have made. I would like to make animations for people in the bathroom etc. I have the model all set up. Even just still shots are easy.

when I look at images of the skull I can see how the bullet, even while perforating the dura -mater would miss the brain

You're looking at illustrations of a brain and a skull. In fact, with all due respect, even the anatomy of the model brain used in your animations appears to be be inaccurate (it's difficult when you're working with a rigid, "plastic" model, and you attempt to fit it into a "skull" of predetermined shape and size) and may be skewing the results. As for the image you mentioned above that you would like to see, you can see it at the end of this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zczRsc86NYU

IMO, the sequence of events insofar as the gunshot is concerned could have transpired either way - first or last. But I think a compelling argument can be made for it coming first, for reasons already provided above.

One thing that interests me is the general consensus on whether JA 'forced' the shower photo shoot. I've seen some comment to that effect in other threads, and noticed in grayhuze's shot-first animation JA is depicted with the camera in one hand and gun in the other. I personally never saw it that way; I saw it as her hitting the shower first, then waiting for him to get in and snap some photos and attack.

You're looking at illustrations of a brain and a skull. In fact, with all due respect, even the anatomy of the model brain used in your animations appears to be be inaccurate (it's difficult when you're working with a rigid, "plastic" model, and you attempt to fit it into a "skull" of predetermined shape and size) and may be skewing the results. As for the image you mentioned above that you would like to see, you can see it at the end of this video.

well, I actually increased the brain size to make it more likely to be hit by a bullet.

I saw this video and it's too blurry and I think irresponsible to accept the arrows someone uses as fact on such a blurry image. I would like to see the actual photographs. clearly and then a rod from the entry hold through the hole when the bullet reenters the face.

IMO, the sequence of events insofar as the gunshot is concerned could have transpired either way - first or last. But I think a compelling argument can be made for it coming first, for reasons already provided above.

One thing that interests me is the general consensus on whether JA 'forced' the shower photo shoot. I've seen some comment to that effect in other threads, and noticed in grayhuze's shot-first animation JA is depicted with the camera in one hand and gun in the other. I personally never saw it that way; I saw it as her hitting the shower first, then waiting for him to get in and snap some photos and attack.

the shot first video was one of my first videos. I do think near the time of the shot she had the gun out and forced him to sit. Prior to that, I think he was reluctantly performing for her "photoshoot"

I personally never saw it that way; I saw it as her hitting the shower first, then waiting for him to get in and snap some photos and attack.

I believe Travis was aware that Jodi was there since the shower door was open for all the photos that we see in the camera. I have a video on that as well.

I agree that the shower photos and at what point Travis knew she was there is one of the interesting topics.

I had never considered that maybe Jodi hit the shower first before Travis. Interesting.
Since one of the pics shows her wearing pants while dragging Travis, would that be a reason why she may have not taken a shower first?

Whether or not she took a shower before Travis did, I do think she probably took one afterwards to clean herself up. Which is real creepy to think about and shows how stone cold she is because it would mean she had to have showered with Travis being dead in the shower. Gives me chills just thinking about it. Uggg

the shot first video was one of my first videos. I do think near the time of the shot she had the gun out and forced him to sit. Prior to that, I think he was reluctantly performing for her "photoshoot"

Granted it initially looks like he could be posing in the shots with his arms up and his back to her, but then he rinses his hair under the spray, and that convinced me he was just taking a shower, plus after that he looks totally startled to see her there. I think if he was sitting out of fear/being forced, then that was when she had stun gunned him to get him into position. I agree she wanted to kill him in the shower and not have to clean up all the mess. She clearly abandoned those efforts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back