Sydney’s ‘miracle’ conjoined twins Faith and Hope

marlywings

Former Member
Reaction score
Sydney’s ‘miracle’ conjoined twins Faith and Hope born with rare condition ‘disrosopus’

May 12, 2014 7:58PM

THERE is hope and faith in the hearts of proud Sydney parents Renee Young and Simon Howie, but more than anything there is love.

The couple’s newborn twin daughters are just six days old but already a medical miracle, born with separate, identical faces and separate brains in a single skull, and sharing the same body

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...ition-disrosopus/story-fnii5s3x-1226914973478

I'm glad that this couple has a positive attitude and is welcoming these unfortunate babies into their lives. Maybe I have a bad attitude, but if I had a set of twins born like that, I would prefer that they didn't survive. I just couldn't handle it. We have 2 sets of twin grandchildren and I'm glad they were born healthy. My granddaughter had a set of identical twin girls but hers were in the same sack, which is a very high risk pregnancy, and both twins died before birth.

I'm glad that this couple has a positive attitude and is welcoming these unfortunate babies into their lives. Maybe I have a bad attitude, but if I had a set of twins born like that, I would prefer that they didn't survive. I just couldn't handle it. We have 2 sets of twin grandchildren and I'm glad they were born healthy. My granddaughter had a set of identical twin girls but hers were in the same sack, which is a very high risk pregnancy, and both twins died before birth.

Jan you haven't a bad attitude, you're being real.
I was reading about twins like this from India and the survival rate is low but we have the best of the best in Australia.

They can't produce a second heart. One heart won't support two bodies. It is impossible to seperate them. They'll die fairly soon. That's just fact.

I looked at these two very beautiful little ones and just thought WOW!!! They made it out - and they are surviving.
They are so rare - so unique, and so are their parents.
They have a chance.

Whether its for a short time or a long time...
Welcome to the World Faith & Hope - you are extraordinary!

I'm sure the parents were told the odds of survival.

The parents have 12 children between them already. That's a lot of kids who are going to mourn the loss of a sibling(s). Huge impact!!

In Australia the loving taxpayer gives $5,000 per child born, then start counting.
This beautiful child has two names and the parents are referring to them as twins.
So, do they receive $5,000 or $10,000?
The magazine they contacted pays well for stories and The TV show also pays well.
I'm not saying this is the reason they continued with the birth because nothing, nothing will compensate the loss this whole family is going to experience possibly soon.

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...ition-disrosopus/story-fnii5s3x-1226914973478

I'm sure the parents were told the odds of survival.

The parents have 12 children between them already. That's a lot of kids who are going to mourn the loss of a sibling(s). Huge impact!!

In Australia the loving taxpayer gives $5,000 per child born, then start counting.
This beautiful child has two names and the parents are referring to them as twins.
So, do they receive $5,000 or $10,000?
The magazine they contacted pays well for stories and The TV show also pays well.
I'm not saying this is the reason they continued with the birth because nothing, nothing will compensate the loss this whole family is going to experience possibly soon.

I think they only have 7 children between them before the birth of Faith and Hope...

News.com.au...
The parents, who already had seven children together prior to the girls’ arrival,

The Baby Bonus is about $1,000 per child now ...
The government of Andrew Fisher introduced a baby bonus of £5 per child in late 1912.

Payments Reform – replacing the Baby Bonus 2013-2014
The extra Family Tax Benefit Part A payments for families will total $2,000 for their first child and $1,000 for subsequent children. It will be paid as an initial instalment of $500, with the rest rolled into normal fortnightly payments over a three month period.
-----
People will not be eligible to receive both Parental Leave Pay and the rate increase of Family Tax Benefit Part A.

:seeya:

Bless these little babies, they have been put here for a reason.

Their parents think they're beautiful, and I'm certain the community will rally around them.

For those who think they'd rather they died - look at Brittany and Abby.

The world (and their family) is much better off now they are in it.

They can't produce a second heart. One heart won't support two bodies. It is impossible to seperate them. They'll die fairly soon. That's just fact.

The bodies are completely fused so they only have one body. Also one head (with two brains).

Bless these little babies, they have been put here for a reason.

Their parents think they're beautiful, and I'm certain the community will rally around them.

For those who think they'd rather they died - look at Brittany and Abby.

The world (and their family) is much better off now they are in it.

Brittany and Abby have two hearts, which is why they have been able to live for so long.

i need to go and search, there are only 35 births of this type and only one of them did survived. should go and search medical journals to find more info about this condition.

lupus est homini *advertiser censored*, non *advertiser censored*, non quom qualis sit novit

Will they have seperate personalities because they each have a brain?

Will they have seperate personalities because they each have a brain?

I would think so. also, since they have one body, the strain on the heart and other organs wont be as bad as it would be if they had 2 bodies. I hope the babies make it.

Slightly OT - but this was great too

BBC News..
A pair of US twin sisters who were born holding hands were breathing on their own after being removed from a ventilator, their mother has said.

Jillian and Jenna Thistlethwaite shared an amniotic sac and placenta, a rare condition known as monoamniotic birth.

Sweet!

May 13, 2014 9:50PM

THE Australian parents of rare conjoined twins, Faith and Hope, ignored doctors when they advised them they should end the pregnancy when they knew the babies would be born with one head and two faces.

Now they are equally ignoring any negative comments that are coming from around the world on the news of the birth of the twins on Thursday

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...gnore-negativity/story-fnihsfrf-1226916625691

The bodies are completely fused so they only have one body. Also one head (with two brains).

Even if the bodies are fused, the heart will still treat them as two bodies. You are correct that the Hensel twins have two hearts, which is the reason they are able to survive.

I know nothing about it , but it seems like the thyroid, spinal cord fluid, and all sorts of chemicals that affect the brain, like serotonin, could be way off.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back