Oscar Pistorius - Sentencing - 6.13.2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh. Application granted? That does surprise me.

6th of July? Why so long?

Three weeks until sentencing? I don't understand why it takes so long.
Where will OP be kept during this time?

Well that was unexpected. Unhappy campers in the Pistorii camp i imagine.

I think it was pretty inevitable.

It was an ancilliary order in the main proceedings.

The State now requested it be rescinded. The parents agree. No one else has standing.

So it comes down to public interest.

But if the protected party wants it rescinded than the Judge should comply,

Correct decision

Three weeks until sentencing? I don't understand why it takes so long.
Where will OP be kept during this time?

Snug as a bug in a millionaire's mansion.

Just where every convicted murderer ought to be, huh?

Barry Bateman Verified account
‏@barrybateman

#OscarPistorius Masipa: the photos also form part of the public record. They were banned to protect the family. They agree to lifting ban

Brought this over from the thread that just closed.

Carl Pistorius ‏@carlpistorius 1h1 hour ago

This application is distasteful to all parties. Except perhaps some parties who stand to profit from such.

Brought this over from the thread that just closed.

Carl Pistorius ‏@carlpistorius 1h1 hour ago

This application is distasteful to all parties. Except perhaps some parties who stand to profit from such.

classy is as classy does

Debating sentencing date. Masipa wants 7 July; Nel can't do then. Asks for 6th. The saga continues...

Masipa agrees the photos can be released

I think Roux said that he would be out of Jo'burg on the 7th and asked for the 6th

I think it was pretty inevitable.

It was an ancilliary order in the main proceedings.

The State now requested it be rescinded. The parents agree. No one else has standing.

So it comes down to public interest.

But if the protected party wants it rescinded than the Judge should comply,

Correct decision

Thanks. I guess I have just gotten used to Masipa surprises. And when she started asking Nel didn't the State originally want them sealed or whatever I thought ...

The Citizen News ‏@TheCitizen_News 15h15 hours ago

Judge Masipa rules that 5 photos of #ReevaSteenkamp injuries may be published. Will sentence #OscarPistorius on 6 July. #ID

The Citizen News ‏@TheCitizen_News 15h15 hours ago

Judge Masipa rules that 5 photos of #ReevaSteenkamp injuries may be published. Will sentence #OscarPistorius on 6 July. #ID

... and that concludes sentencing hearing for today.

MrJitty - me again! So, since it is almost a month away until sentencing this means the interview will air before then. I know that the judge will not take that into consideration, but do you reckon she will watch it?

Also, since the interview seems to have been a BIG miscalculation on the Pistorius side, do you think they would have assumed that sentencing would be completed by then?

Unless the timing of the interview is changed it is going out on Friday, 24th June at 9pm on ITV.

Thanks. I guess I have just gotten used to Masipa surprises. And when she started asking Nel didn't the State originally want them sealed or whatever I thought ...

It wasn't really a hard one and its not unusual for the Judge to consider it during an adjournment.

Once she consulted with her clerks they would have realised pretty swiftly the defence had no standing to oppose it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy