MO - Megan Meier, 13, Mentally Abused, Commits Suicide

What gets me is this mother trying to ease her guilt by saying,""well she did try and kill herself before". <snip>

And the girl never did try to commit suicide according to her parents. She talked about it, but didn't try it. There is a difference.

What gets me is this mother trying to ease her guilt by saying,""well she did try and kill herself before". That should have been all the more reason this supposed adult,should have been more sensative to her. Its sounds like she knew this poor girl was on medication and was depressed,but she decided to go through with this anyway? I think she should have her name publicized. I'm sure everyone in the town already knows who she is just from gossip,but she deserves to be publically outed.
And after all this she files a police report because the fooseball table was destroyed!!! That takes some nerve.
All I'd like to say to her is "Karma.It will come back to you"

:clap: :clap: :clap: She should have her name publicized at the very least she is a danger to other children. If she doesn't feel bad about it she shouldn't mind being outed! She lucky she didn't pull this with one of my kids, I would be in jail for what I would do to her!!

Wow! What an evil, evil mother.

I don't think it matters that Megan had tried to commit suicide before. Almost all 14 year old girls have self esteem issues and shaky image problems and at that age, they are still trying to find their way in the world; they are very fragile beings at that age. That is what is so horrible about this story, that Megan will never become the person that she could have become because of this evil woman. Her own daughter will probably never move beyond this moment in her life either. Very sad, sad story.

I hope that there will still be some sort of justice for Megan's family. I think they should still file suit, if not for the money, but for the facts to be revealed to the public. This woman should not be able to live anonymously after what she did.

I can see some goofy psychopathic woman doing something like this, but the husband being in on it is really strange. He must be some wimpy weird exscuse of a man. I wouldn't allow my kids to associate with this family at all, ever.

I think the only thing holding back Megan's parents from offing these pathetic excuses for human beings is that they have a younger daughter. I, personally, would not exhibit such self control if it were my child.

For anyone who is interested there is a great book called "Odd Girl Out" fantastic insight into the world of bullying girls.

That is a really good book. They also made it a movie on Lifetime. I've seen it a couple times, great movie!!

Shoot, my oldest is 12 (a boy) and I just heard someone in a neighboring school talking about the middleschoolers (girls) wearing black armbands to indicate they've had oral sex and having rainbow parties.

Okay that is absolutely NUTS! When i was 12, i had no idea about sex/oral sex nor did i have any interest in participating in them!!! What are rainbow parties though??

...... Much like what was done to Carrie on the stage at Prom night.

I thought about Carrie when I read this story too, KatK. Kids this age - particularly girls - can be so emotionally brutal to each other. Much as I hate it, I kind of expect some of it with adolescent and teens....it's the parental involvement in this that truly shocks me.

Brutal and immature, with parents to back them up makes it difficult to get to the truth. So many are willing to lie to the death for their children.

I hope the other little girl gets some counseling. Maybe her parents are heartless, but she's just a young girl and might feel TREMENDOUS guilt and choose the same permenant solution.
Not to mention she is probably having a hard time in school because the other students will have figured out who was involved in it. Their names have also been outed on the net so their family is probably hearing lots of nasty things from total strangers.

That mother did this with intent of harm. It's obvious, she wanted to see how far Megan would go. Especially knowing prior that she suffered from depression. She is sick and sadistic. Any Real parent would let sleeping dogs lie, as they know friendships change throughout the years. This woman is sick. They need to plaster her name on the front page and lock her up. No doubt her daughter will be arrested for something in the future, since her mother teaches her bad judgement among other things.

This story just shakes me to my core. My kids think I am so strict about being online and not lying about your age to get onto certain site (not even Coke Rewards), but it makes me a wreck. No way will they have a MySpace page anytime soon!

This poor girl...being 13-14 is hard enough when you are being jerked around by other girls your age, but to be manipulated and f----ed with by adult women is the height of cruelty.

If I were her parents I would find out whatever was legal online to get this story and these people's names out there and do it. Maybe signing up to be friends on every MySpace page you can find and leaving a link to the article. Can the parents create a MySpace page that is named after the stalkers??? Who decides on those rules? Cyber laws don't protect you? Too bad, so sad. How's it feel? Karma's a , ain't she?

Okay that is absolutely NUTS! When i was 12, i had no idea about sex/oral sex nor did i have any interest in participating in them!!! What are rainbow parties though??

Rainbow parties, according to my high school source, is when girls wear different colors of lipstick and the guys try to get as many different colors on their :silenced: as possible. If you have oral sex from enough different girls, it looks so pretty, like a rainbow. :sick:

Why do I know that and not you??? That disturbs me.

Man this brings me back-around that age I started receiving evil hate mail via the post office (see how old I am) with horrible, nasty things written about me and some of my friends. It went on for about 6 weeks and just chipped away at me...I figured out who it was because the typewriter she used dropped an e, and she was an ex best friend so I had a good idea it was her. In any case, my mother had been wondering at my change in attitude and all of this mysterious mail. One day I asked her if it was illegal to send hate mail, and she dug out the letters the minute I left for school. She marched right up the street and confronted the other girl's mother, letters in hand. The other Mom completely fell in line protecting her daughter, and I will never forget how astonished my mother was that this adult was going to try and defend her daughter's behavior. It was years before everyone started speaking to one another again-I am a turn the other cheek kind of gal (back then too) so I let it go way before anyone else did. I never forgot how isolated and vulnerable I felt while it was going on though...poor Meghan.

http://www.cnn.com/video/ if you goto the top story video there is one where Megans parents are interviewed.Warning:Have tissues ready.I cried my eyes out while watching and listening to them.My heart breaks.Just breaks for them and Megan.

http://www.cnn.com/video/ if you goto the top story video there is one where Megans parents are interviewed.Warning:Have tissues ready.I cried my eyes out while watching and listening to them.My heart breaks.Just breaks for them and Megan.

That is gut wrenching. And for that other mom to not even feel guilty just makes my skin crawl. What kind of person can be that cruel? Even Drew Peterson is faking it a little.

There is a bit of discussion on this in Crimes. But we really can't bring too much attention to this unbelievable situation, IMO. Thanks for posting.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56112

I've seen the other thread, but stopped reading it a few days ago. Did I miss something that we can't talk about here?

ETA: Oh, wait. I think I should have read your comment as "this needs all the attention we can give it". My bad! lol

This story is so sad and shocking. I can not believe that parents would get so involved in middle school squabbles, instigate more problems and bully another CHILD.

Interesting to me I read a comment from a reader on the internet (so take it with a grain of salt :) )that the mom that did this is involved in local politics and "chummy" with local officials. Maybe, if it is true, that could be why no one wants to name the family publically (which i think is rare in newspaper articles unless it is a rape victim?) or start anything against the family? Link...

http://bluemerle.blogspot.com/2007/11/what-you-said-to-megan-meier.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back