NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm agnostic as well, but still I'm pretty sure the Christian God does not advocate and plan the rape and murder of children. And I've read the old and new testaments cover to cover. More than once.

I bet that had some of those preachers there going what the heck.

Was that AD's brother who went up to talk at the funeral before the brother and Carey?He was an uncle and a Davis.Do they all go to church together?I wonder if BL is saying he's just letting LE take care of everything,because he has her family talking to him about having forgiveness and mercy on AD.So maybe he's concerned about his image in church and what he is speaking to the tv audience isn't how he feels.You know what I mean?But,it's not up to BL,it's in the LE's hands.

BBM. No, that was BL's son. Half-brother of Shaniya. Not a Davis.

Whoa,scary pics of Bustamante on NG,somebody should have seen something bad happening.Anyway,is AD not going to get more charges or are they still laying it all out and someone else will get charged,also?
If AD doesn't get any more charges against her my opinion is some laws here need to be changed. MOO

Don't really care about his personality,but I will stand up for God not getting blamed for something so evil in a public statement with thousands looking.

On the flip side though, I don't think it's right to blame the devil either. I'm Jewish and don't believe in the Christian version of Satan. I hate it when I hear the devil getting blamed in any way for crimes like this. I think it takes away the guilt of the humans that do evil.
I also dont believe in G-ds plan. I don't believe in everything happens for a reason We make our own choices. If G-d chooses to teach someone something via the rape and murder of a child then I want no part of him. He's G-d. He can choose another way
In other words, I don't believe in an outside evil entity. I believe people choose whether or not to do evil. These people made their choice. They are completely to blame. Neither G-d or the devil had anything to do with this. I don't believe G-d choose to kill Shaniya ,or to give me AIDS or to give my mother cancer. These things happen because we are human and frail and because of free wil
If anything G-d is up there crying for Shaniya with us

BBM. No, that was BL's son. Half-brother of Shaniya. Not a Davis.

The one before Byron,he was a Davis,announcer said he was an uncle,and talked before Byron went up to talk.That was so sad when Byron couldn't even talk,made me cry.But the man who talked before him and said it would forever bind the Davis family and Lockhart family forever and he went to sit down on the other side from where BL was sitting.

On the flip side though, I don't think it's right to blame the devil either. I'm Jewish and don't believe in the Christian version of Satan. I hate it when I hear the devil getting blamed in any way for crimes like this. I think it takes away the guilt of the humans that do evil.
In other words, I don't believe in an outside evil entity. I believe people choose whether or not to do evil. These people made their choice. They are completely to blame. Neither G-d or the devil had anything to do with this.
If anything G-d is up there crying for Shaniya with us

No one here has blamed the devil. MAM, AD, BL and a few others have been blamed, but not the devil.

I think we're seeing someone with the ability to change his outward personality based on surroundings. Not necessarily a bad thing - good salesmen have that knack.

So do narcissists and sociopaths. Not saying BL is one....well maybe narcissistic.

The one before Byron,he was a Davis,announcer said he was an uncle,and talked before Byron went up to talk.That was so sad when Byron couldn't even talk,made me cry.But the man who talked before him and said it would forever bind the Davis family and Lockhart family forever and he went to sit down on the other side from where BL was sitting.

AD doesn't have any brothers that I know of. Younger sisters BD and TD.

Exactly ~ thank you! While yes, Shaniya is in a much better place now, she shouldn't be there ~ she didn't die of natural causes, she was murdered! That's what I couldn't grasp from some things said at the funeral yesterday. And this isn't about some random SO who killed her; the man charged with her death was an associate of Shaniya's mother and Shaniya's mother is being charged with selling/giving her out to human traffickers and prostitution. So what good is it going to do to preach about more awareness of the strangers that surround little children? :furious: MOO

These were my thoughts exactly while watching this funeral. I understand celebrating the homecoming of the elderly or perhaps one who has suffered chronic illness and battled sickness. But to me there is no reason in celebrating the tragic murder and rape of a 5 year old girl who should be snuggling with her favorite stuffed animal tonight in the comfort of her own bed. A little girl who should be making friends in kindergarten and giggling on the playground during recess. Shaniya is in a better place now but it was not her time IMO and most certainly not the way for her to die. JMO. where is the outrage over what has been done to this precious baby? It breaks my heart.

No one here has blamed the devil. MAM, AD, BL and a few others have been blamed, but not the devil.

I've seen it on other Shaniya threads, But I'm really talking in general here. I know a few people in my own life who love to blame the devil for any shortcomings or wrongdoings.
ANd it really ticks me off when people committing these crimes try to claim this. I'm pretty sure Tex Watson said he felt the devil in him at the Tate house.

Does anyone remember AD's nickname? It was mentioned by one of her family members early in the case.

...Desert Storm begun mid year 2002...

(respectfully snipped for space)

Hi, Songline - I think the military conflict/war you're referring to is simply one with a different name. (Probably the Iraq War, or "Second Gulf War.")

Operation Desert Storm ("the first Gulf War") was in 1991.

http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h2020.html

http://www.infoplease.com/ce6/history/A0838511.html

Genuinely *not* trying to be a pain here, just hoping to help prevent any confusion.

I've seen it on other Shaniya threads, But I'm really talking in general here. I know a few people in my own life who love to blame the devil for any shortcomings or wrongdoings.ANd it really ticks me off when people committing these crimes try to claim this. I'm pretty sure Tex Watson said he felt the devil in him at the Tate house.

BBM. I know, right? Blame God, blame the devil, blame anyone but ME!!!

All that is, is excuses all the way around. Not my fault. Blame God or the devil or DSS or whoever else is handy at the moment. All it really is, is passing the buck. And dad is doing it in spades.

In times of grief, many of us fall back on `familiar`sayings for comfort. We frequently say or hear awkward phrasing. I would challenge each one of us here to recall our last funeral and how we struggled to find the appropriate thing to say. I know that I have even `practiced`in my mind what I was going to say because I was so fearful of causing more hurt and then ended up stumbling over my words anyway.

The man just lost his daughter. Whatever people think of his personality or character or judgment in allowing her to be at her mother`s, I don`t see how it`s relevant to be judging his words at his daughter`s funeral. Last I checked, he hasn`t been charged with anything and I`m pretty sure Tricia already (more than once) warned posters to stop lambasting him.

BBM. Analylizing a persons behavior is not a bad thing. Posters have been spot on in their observations of persons behavior at a victim's funeral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie