NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
These were my thoughts exactly while watching this funeral. I understand celebrating the homecoming of the elderly or perhaps one who has suffered chronic illness and battled sickness. But to me there is no reason in celebrating the tragic murder and rape of a 5 year old girl who should be snuggling with her favorite stuffed animal tonight in the comfort of her own bed. A little girl who should be making friends in kindergarten and giggling on the playground during recess. Shaniya is in a better place now but it was not her time IMO and most certainly not the way for her to die. JMO. where is the outrage over what has been done to this precious baby? It breaks my heart.
I agree. As an example, my elderly mother had suffered from numerous illnesses and toward the end of her life we were praying that God wouldn't allow her to suffer much longer. So when she passed away, there wasn't sadness, but relief that she was no longer in pain. Shaniya on the other hand was only five years old and as you and I have both said, she was raped & murdered ~ and likely not at the hands of a stranger SO as little Jessica was, but through the actions of her own mother and her associate. Then to put AD's name (near the top of the list) on the program for the funeral yesterday as a "survivor" of Shaniya? I just don't understand. :waitasec: MOO

Shaniya is being talked about now on Nancy's show ~ Mike Brooks is hosting so tune in!

I must have missed AD has a nickname, this will be a good one, I'm sure......

For the life of me ..I can't figure out what was the reason behind AD blaming Coe other than to give MAM time to get away...obstruction of justice.. knowing full well he didnt do it and they would find AMA's DNA when Shaniya was found ? That part of the story really confuses me.

BBM. I know, right? Blame God, blame the devil, blame anyone but ME!!!

All that is, is excuses all the way around. Not my fault. Blame God or the devil or DSS or whoever else is handy at the moment. All it really is, is passing the buck. And dad is doing it in spades.
I'm also curious why DSS is being thrown into the blame ~ how would they have known Shaniya was inside that mobile home? Maybe they could've gotten involved when AD allegedly refused to return Shaniya to her paternal family, if there had been a formal custody agreement. :waitasec: MOO

For the life of me ..I can't figure out what was the reason behind AD blaming Coe other than to give MAM time to get away...obstruction of justice.. knowing full well he didnt do it and they would find AMA's DNA when Shaniya was found ? That part of the story really confuses me.

I think Coe was up at the trailer giving her hell about the child being missing and maybe insisting she tell the truth.

In the Funeral service I just went back to listen to it,at the 35 minute mark,the pastor said Lavon Davis,uncle would speak before Byron.

I think that was exactly it ~ buying time and not wanting McNeill to be arrested. Somebody obviously didn't think the hotel might have video cameras. MOO

Very likely she was thinking <hoping> Shaniya would never be found and that she and MAM would never be implicated. How was she to know MAM would show up on video at the hotel? And buckle under pressure and tell where she was?

And very likely, Shaniya would NEVER have been found if someone (MAM) hadn't told where she was. Even after he did tell, it was blind luck the dog team found her. The rest of the searchers had already passed her by.

I'm also curious why DSS is being thrown into the blame ~ how would they have known Shaniya was inside that mobile home? Maybe they could've gotten involved when AD allegedly refused to return Shaniya to her paternal family, if there had been a formal custody agreement. :waitasec: MOO
DSS should have known she gave birth and should have had a record or wondered where the girl was. For all they knew she could have been dead. I bet DSS paid for her birth and probably benefits for the first year if not all along.

I had hoped they were brought in to investigate. Sure hope it's not a CYA. I doubt if DSS was ever contacted by Brad - I think he liked staying under the radar so no financial responsibility.

I don't know the backstory, but dad is whining on Oprah that DSS never told him they had concerns about AD.

MSchiavo (NG Prod) says it may take weeks yet to get final autopsy back... :(
:parrot:

Oh my,hope that's not for a lawsuit in the making.If they weren't told Shaniya was staying with AD,how could they conduct visits on her there and BL said he had a verbal agreement with AD.If county is sued,for him not going through children's services and he wins the case,that's more thousands of dollars out of the county's hands to help other children.

I had hoped they were brought in to investigate. Sure hope it's not a CYA. I doubt if DSS was ever contacted by Brad - I think he liked staying under the radar so no financial responsibility.

I think he did too, and if it comes out she was getting benefits all along for Shaniya then he will be paying those back.

So,how is Lavon Davis the uncle if AD has no brothers?He could be a step brother.

DSS should have known she gave birth and should have had a record or wondered where the girl was. For all they knew she could have been dead. I bet DSS paid for her birth and probably benefits for the first year if not all along.
OK, I understand ~ but what I'm thinking is doesn't the fact that Shaniya's aunt couldn't do anything about AD not returning Shaniya to her have more to do with the lack of a custody/guardianship agreement than DSS? MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member