Websleuths Radio Sun. 3-4-12 *Long Island Serial Killer*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be there with bells on!

Puhleeze be gentle with me.

For I am but a delicate flower.

Tee-hee.

I am much nicer in person than on ws, but I hope everyone brings there real voice along with whatever gizmo's they may try.

LOL! I am a Woman.

Thanks for your words of encouragement!
I kinda figured that after the nail polish posts. :)

You don't have a thing to be nervous about, Slim, because you know your stuff. All of you LISK-meisters do. I can't wait to hear you hash it out Sunday night.

I always suspected that there's some weird collusion going on between Dwntwnslim and quietgirl. They both like eachother all the time :)
mwahahaaa
I will never tell...
/said in my Brittany Murphy, Don't Say a Word, voice
Well, we are never at the same place at the same time.

well dang she did, wheres the rope?

btw nope nadda just by happen chance I guess a few things we agree on?

The reason I asked was just to have a nice balance to represent this sub forum.

That's a good idea. I don't have any voice altering equipment and software though.
There is an all-in-one app for both changing one's voice and spoofing one's caller ID for JB iPhones ( link ). Or one could download the free voice changer app for the iPhone ( link ). Then, simply sign up for a throw away google voice acct, pick an LI exchange, install google voice on their phone, and call from there, while using the free iPhone voice changer. All for the cost of USD$0

Even so, voice altering software/equipment, can only take a person so far. That is, it alters the tone, pitch, and can even add distortion. It however is unable to mask unique annunciations and pronunciations, or the metre, for that matter. In other words, people's vocal signatures are unique and tough to truly mask.

There is an all-in-one app for both changing one's voice and spoofing one's caller ID for JB iPhones ( link ). Or one could download the free voice changer app for the iPhone ( link ). Then, simply sign up for a throw away google voice acct, pick an LI exchange, install google voice on their phone, and call from there, while using the free iPhone voice changer. All for the cost of USD$0

Even so, voice altering software/equipment, can only take a person so far. That is, it alters the tone, pitch, and can even add distortion. It however is unable to mask unique annunciations and pronunciations, or the metre, for that matter. In other words, people's vocal signatures are unique and tough to truly mask.

Good idea if I had an iPhone. I don't have a Mac either.

Also, I've never run or used voice altering software/equipment. If I find something I can use, I'm going to have to play around with it to make sure I know how to use it properly. I will also have to make sure the software will even run on any of the machines I have.

I'm still not sure if I have the time to do all of this in addition to the other preparation I have to do for the show. I will make an effort, though.

Good idea if I had an iPhone. I don't have a Mac either.

Also, I've never run or used voice altering software/equipment. If I find something I can use, I'm going to have to play around with it to make sure I know how to use it properly. I will also have to make sure the software will even run on any of the machines I have.
Voice changer for google voice ( link )

I'm still not sure if I have the time to do all of this in addition to the other preparation I have to do for the show. I will make an effort, though.
Imo, it's not really worth the effort. Even if the unsub used such software to mask his voice between callers, he would not be able to mask dialect, etc. Besides, imo, the caller is someone who would want his victims to remember him, not some synthetic voice.

Eta ~ the only worth I could see from such an exercise is to let listeners hear altered and unaltered convos to demonstrate how this software actually works, and how it is so not like TV.

Imo, it's not really worth the effort. Even if the unsub used such software to mask his voice between callers, he would not be able to mask dialect, etc. Besides, imo, the caller is someone who would want his victims to remember him, not some synthetic voice.

Eta ~ the only worth I could see from such an exercise is to let listeners hear altered and unaltered convos to demonstrate how this software actually works, and how it is so not like TV.

The quality of software available to change one's voice varies. Some of the good stuff is quite expensive. I don't have access to that kind of software.

There is also software available (also spendy) that allows a person to record a voice that is not their own. This requires a large sample of that person's voice. A person can use that recorded voice in real time for deceptive purposes. I don't have access to that kind of software either.

Some of the good stuff is quite expensive.
Right. For operative types. Highly doubtful that this guy works (or worked) for a TLA org. Not that someone who works (or worked) for, say, the CIA, would necessarily be above such proclivities. Just that if you're looking at that sort, they would have better covered their tracks. Moreover, their psychological makeup does not really fit the murders.

Right. For operative types. Highly doubtful that this guy works (or worked) for a TLA org. Not that someone who works (or worked) for, say, the CIA, would necessarily be above such proclivities. Just that if you're looking at that sort, they would have better covered their tracks. Moreover, their psychological makeup does not really fit the murders.

You would be surprised at what various software a person can get their hands on when they don't care about breaking the law.

I don't know what kinds of software the CIA has available to them but, I would think that what they have is a lot better than the stuff I'm thinking of. Some of the software I'm aware of is used in the music business for instance.

I'm not a psychological expert so, I can't debate you on those points. I do know geeks however, and this perp sounds like a real crazy one to me, IMHO.

Yes, me too. That's when my excellent deductive reasoning skills kicked in...

LOL!! Although I have known and still know men of all sexual orientations who use nail polish.

You would be surprised at what various software a person can get their hands on when they don't care about breaking the law.
After 3+ decades in the software/hardware industry, I would not be the least bit surprised. In fact, I recall a group who, after hearing about carnivore, broke the code and wrote their own version, aptly named, omnivore. I have a copy of the latter. Either way, I do get your point. Just not sure that I agree someone would go to that length. Though, I am certainly not ready to rule it out, either.

After 3+ decades in the software/hardware industry, I would not be the least bit surprised. In fact, I recall a group who, after hearing about carnivore, broke the code and wrote their own version, aptly named, omnivore. I have a copy of the latter. Either way, I do get your point. Just not sure that I agree someone would go to that length. Though, I am certainly not ready to rule it out, either.

3+decades in the software/hardware industry! Please post in the IT/Comp./Tech thread more often! We could use your level of expertise in there!

I don't know what kinds of software the CIA has available to them but, I would think that what they have is a lot better than the stuff I'm thinking of. Some of the software I'm aware of is used in the music business for instance.

I'm not a psychological expert so, I can't debate you on those points. I do know geeks however, and this perp sounds like a real crazy one to me, IMHO.
Hi dearest Downtwn, Please don't stress about your visit with W/S radio - we are there with you...if you're a reg person like most of us, I say - stick with what you know...IOW...you were chosen because you're intelligent, and have gathered a lot of info on this case and you have shared with us your perspective...don't worry about the voice-stress analyzer...you are not being called as an expert on that technology...(I don't think)

So very true, just be yourself as if you are having a phone convo with a friend about this case. Don't let other things or people get in your head. Looking forward to this.

Looks like I am gonna have to sacrifice some sleep to catch the show. It will be on at 2 am here:-( Then I got early shift on top of that. But oh well. It is bound to be awesome.....

Dear Websleuths Members,

On Sunday March 4th we will be tackling the task of trying to figure out the Long Island Serial Killer case on Websleuths Radio.

8 PM Eastern on Blog Talk Radio. You can listen right here

If you can't listen live you can listen any time just by clicking on the link after the show is over.

I have invited several members of Websleuths who are very active in this forum.

We will not be using real names. Just the names they use on Websleuths.

*inspctrgadget
*truth spider
*peter brendt
*Dwntwnslim

Also joining us will be true crime author Ron Franscell. A fantastic author.
http://www.ronfranscell.com/books/

To say the least this show is going to be a bit hot. :)

Hope you join us.

Tricia

On your right is a lower case "q" written by Patsy Ramsey
On your left is a lower case "q" from the ransom note.
Have you ever seen anyone else make their lower case "q" look like the number 8?
This is one of an overwhelming number of examples that proves the ransom note was not written by an intruder.

Hi Tricia

I know this is off topic but since you included images and question about the lower case "q" from the Ramsey case, I thought I'd show you another person who make lower case q's like the once you have shown.

I´m a long time Zodiac killer reseacher and I am especially imterested in his many writing styles, the lower case "q" beeing especially interesting due to that it is so VERY rare.
Actually my POI in the Zodiac case had a very close relative living a cupple of miles from the Ramsey's house.

q.jpg

Looking very much forward to listen to the program today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23