The state Rests in The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inadmissible evidence usually lacks reliability, which means that it is not trustworthy. Demonstrating the reliability of evidence typically requires laying a foundation. For instance, if an expert witness has been called in a case, a lawyer may ask him questions about his background, education, and training in the area he is testifying about before asking him to give an opinion. This background testimony helps establish that the expert’s opinion is trustworthy.

If testimony, exhibits, or documents are found to be immaterial to a case, they may be deemed inadmissible evidence. In order for evidence to be material, it must be found necessary to prove a key element of the case. For example, if a lawyer attempts to show that a theft victim was diagnosed with cancer in order to glean sympathy from the jury, a judge may find such evidence immaterial to the case at hand and therefore inadmissible.

Inadmissible evidence generally lacks relevance. That is, it does not help prove or disprove any of the issues relating to the case. Sometimes a judge will exclude evidence that is relevant for other reasons. For instance, a judge may bar evidence that may be confusing to a jury, duplicative, or unfairly prejudicial to one of the parties.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-inadmissible-evidence.htm

I'm sorry, what point are you trying to make? ETA: The media plays no part in what the judge chooses to let in as evidence. jmo

I just kind of get the impression that if this case was with some guy or an unattractive woman on trial, there would be no media circus for the court to put on a show, and the trial would have been over by now.

I agree. There is the forbidden sex, the stalking, the tons of images from social media and their blogs ( not the hoo-ha and wiener pics) and those things make people more interested.

All he had to show was the crime scene and Jodi's talking. He proved up the points of his opening statement. The defense has to rebut what was entered and claim it's wasn't her fault. Travis made her do it.

So, Jodi come on down... grab a seat and talk to us. You have some explaining to do. The PA (and WS's) will hang on your every word.

I think this a more informed jury than Casey Anthonys. They are listening, and it seems like they are able to follow a logical thought process and that is good. I like the questions they are asking. I think they want to make it sure in their minds before they give her death. The compromise will be lesser charges that keep her locked up for life. I think the only way out of prison for Jodi will be in a pine box.

At least this jury isn't asking for pretzels in the jury room. jmo

So just out of curiosity since you have so much experience. Every cadavar, anatomy photo, and pelvic exam I have seen of female genitalia the anterior commissure starts very high at the top of the genitalia. Is it that common for it to start so low?? Like right above where her vaginal canal begins? And what is that long whiter line descending from where the normal placement of her clitoris would be down to the beginning of her anterior commissure? Just trying to understand now that I have an enlarged photo that seems to the be best quality that I have seen. I agree that she has a large labia minora. But large labia minora's are just large labias, they just have more skin, they don't start lower or start their separation lower. Maybe I am seeing something in the picture you are not seeing or misinterpreting?

Photo I am referencing: WARNING GRAPHIC:
http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/u...edia/Camera Photos/jodi5_zps6c19d38b.jpg.html

I'm not a nurse, doctor or a chemist... But I know one thing for sure. Her junk looks nothing like my junk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you saying you think he slept with them or some of them? Because I do not believe that...just saying.

I'm saying it is POSSIBLE. Who really knows for sure. You don't and neither do I. Some people on here seem sure TA was a virgin. I say that 's possible of course--but not likely.

Originally Posted by polleypockets
i think they were setting up proof about JA and TA's illicit relationship - since he never discussed his w/ his friends - by saying he was no longer temple worthy bolsters the fact they were having an affair- and gets it out before the defense can bring it up (that he wasn't temple worthy) and cause damage to the states case

I thought upthread someone (sorry, can't remember who) said that TA did tell his close friends about the nature of his relationship with JA.

As usual, I'm confused. And stuffy headed. Blah. I'll go look. ;)

Here is the interview with his friend Dave Hall. Vinnie talking about TA's sex life with JA begins at 2:27...seems Dave Hall knew.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/01/10/alexanders-friend-he-kept-arias-secret

Sometimes it seems like they are trying to make Arias
appear slutty. Why? You have all the evidence to make her
appear guilty which is more important and what
the case is actually about.

The pictures being shown to the friend got under my skin. I know he
was dramatically trying to show that you don't know all
sides of someone but couldn't he have said something about
how there is no question that she did this and she admitted it herself.

In a way it mirrored Travis' sexuality to jump on the well you didn't
know about this did you thing? Just as he's saying you didn't know Jodi
did this no one knew Travis did either.

I was humiliated for the friend.

I totally agree. Frankly, the sex pictures to me are not shocking at all. Just 2 people engaging in consensual sex and taking immature pictures. The sex pictures are really no big deal to me other than proving she was there that day which is the main thing about them to me.

I agree they are equally embarrasing to both Travis and Jodi. I was confused when the PA was using them and getting mad at the friend.

I'm saying it is POSSIBLE. Who really knows for sure. You don't and neither do I. Some people on here seem sure TA was a virgin. I say that 's possible of course--but not likely.

Nope I don't and that's why I was asking if that is what you thought. Thanks.

i think they were setting up proof about JA and TA's illicit relationship - since he never discussed his w/ his friends - by saying he was no longer temple worthy bolsters the fact they were having an affair- and gets it out before the defense can bring it up (that he wasn't temple worthy) and cause damage to the states case

OTOH, a Mormon can be temple unworthy by drinking alcohol, tea, coffee, watching *advertiser censored*, not paying tithing and masterbation. I don't remember Mimi being asked why she said he was not temple worthy.

And for someone who subscribed so totally to the Law of Attraction as she did

She didn't. She was a poseur and a pretender. Someone who subscribed totally to the Law of Attraction would have understood the basic principles and it would allow them to feel the world is abundant, not that TA was being taken away from her and she had to cling to him no matter what. Her behaviors like stalking and slashing tires and obsessiveness only begot her more of the same evil energy.

She didn't. She was a poseur and a pretender. Someone who subscribed totally to the Law of Attraction would have understood the basic principles and it would allow them to feel the world is abundant, not that TA was being taken away from her and she had to cling to him no matter what. Her behaviors like stalking and slashing tires and obsessiveness only begot her more of the same evil energy.

Imagine the emptiness of the soul of a person who does that. No inner light - just darkness.

This is Jodi's big chance to see if the Law of Attraction works. Keep thinking positive, Jodi. Go ahead and take the stand. I'm hoping.

I just kind of get the impression that if this case was with some guy or an unattractive woman on trial, there would be no media circus for the court to put on a show, and the trial would have been over by now.

Well it's not just Jodi that brought the media. Travis was
an inspirational human being and had a large group of people
who adored him. I think that his family and friends made sure
the media knew about this tragic story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics