Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #8 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Uncle Ruslan made reference to someone who had been a bad influence, some local guy? Okay, this is a MUST READ article:

BOMB SUSPECT INFLUENCED BY MYSTERIOUS RADICAL
By ADAM GOLDMAN, ERIC TUCKER and MATT APUZZO
— Apr. 23 5:22 PM EDT
Associated Press

"WASHINGTON (AP) — In the years before the Boston Marathon bombings, Tamerlan Tsarnaev fell under the influence of a new friend, a Muslim convert who steered the religiously apathetic young man toward a strict strain of Islam, family members said.

Under the tutelage of a friend known to the Tsarnaev family only as Misha, Tamerlan gave up boxing and stopped studying music, his family said. He began opposing the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. He turned to websites and literature claiming that the CIA was behind the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, and Jews controlled the world."

Much, much more!!!

Even the father was worried.

Very interesting article!

Even the father was worried.

Very interesting article!

Older one even stopped boxing for religious reasons. Father used to be a boxer, wanted him to continue. Sounds like the older one went off the deep end with religion. Stopped music, stopped boxing, etc.

on CNN now: Boston area LE backyard boat take-down presser

If this article is accurate I would think they'll be talking to Misha about the deaths of the older brother's 3 Jewish friends.

I wonder if this is of interest... comment TT made on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/muazseyfullah

Ti ne Mikaeil bolshe a Misha kakim i bil do Islama. Ti prinyal shiism ne iz za togo chto on tebya ubezhdaet,a iz za svoih strastei, i interesov(o kotorih znaet lish Allah) kotorim ti posledoval. Ti kak vvoshel v Islam tak iz nego i viletel.Ti predal samogo sebya Misha. Ladno davai dosvidaniya.

Google translate, but there must be a better translation:

You do not Mikaeil bolshe a Misha was incorporated i Islam. These prinyal shiism not from the rigid chto on Tebya ubezhdaet, but from the svoih strastei, i interest (the Kotor znaet lish Allah) Kotor these posledoval. These some vvoshel in Islam from such care i viletel.Ti drawer samogo Seby Misha. Ladno Davai dosvidaniya.

Seems like the wife should know about this mysterious person.

I disagree with that. It could be that KR has better job prospects than TT and therefore is the earner of the relationship. If TT goes to work, who looks after the daughter? I haven't seen anything to suggest he has qualifications that would demand a good wage so hiring a babysitter would mean he worked for nothing if not very little money.
I know that happends a lot in the UK anyway, one parent has to stay home because the cost of a babysitter is as much as they'd earn working. (I don't know if that is the case in this situation but JMO).

We don't know how often they actually saw TT (anyone see this mentioned anywhere?). They may not have been aware of how the couple spent their money.

I also think it is very usual for grandparents to give money to help the grandchildren or child if she is struggling. What parent would want their daughter to work 70 hours a week away from their 3 year old child?! It's harming their daughter and grand daughter. If they thought the grand child was going without I'd be sure they'd help.

For example my parents are not well off financially (definitely not in professions that earn like a nurse or doctor!) but when I had my daughter they saved a little pot of money for me to spend on her. They frequently buy her things just because they love her. I know if I couldn't afford to give her the basics they'd sacrafice all their comforts and treats to give her that money. JMO and my experience.

Perhaps they'd be more reluctant if they didn't like the changes in their daugher since she met/married him. They could be reluctant then but still you'd think they would do it for the grand child.

I'm not sure about the $800 trainers. They could be fake, but I'd think being so athletic minded he might think they were worth it? I can't make up my mind!

Just to clarify, I'm not saying I can't see grandparents/parents wanting to help out a child or grandchild. Of course that happens, I am in no way saying it does not.

However as someone who grew up in MA in an upper middle class community where all my parents friends including my own, where doctors, lawyers, nurses, judges, VP's, and engineers.....and who went to a very expensive college in RI, only 15 minutes from where TT's wife grew up in North Kingston RI (home of URI), and had college friends who's parents were also wealthy professionals....what I have a hard time believing is that a hard working couple from a small college town in RI would bank roll a son in laws need for expensive things, when their own daughter was working so hard. What I mean is, if their own daughter was working her butt off just to make ends meet....I highly doubt they would have wasted their money on his need for 800 dollar shoes.

I personally think they would have viewed him as a slacker, because he hadn't even graduated from college.

And again I really don't see him as hands on dad, so I seriously doubt he was really the one watching his child 70-80 hrs a week.

I am very confused as to what was going on with the wife.
Was she living with her husband or her parents?
Did she really leave her child to live with her husband?

Just did a look up. $24,000 to 31,000 per year.

ETA: approx $700 per credit hour! Holy cow!

Just as an FYI to put things into context. Umass is a state school, but their are multiple. The one that people think of when they think of THE Umass is Umass Amherst....and is considered a better school and more difficult to get into.

There are a few other Umass Dartmouth of course where DT went, and Umass Lowell. Plus there are Salem State, Worcester State.....which are also Mass state schools (may have forgotten a few). The point is Umass Dartmouth is not usually considered a school with an overall impressive reputation. (Though I am sure there are excellent programs their with wonderful educators. )

Thinkhard, I do get what you're saying and definitely helps to hear from someone who knows about the specific area. What I meant really was, perhaps they wouldn't have known what the money was being spent on. If they didn't visit the home often they may not have been aware what a dump it was and so on. (just speculation about possible circumstance).

Do we really know if he did spend on extravagant things? We know the trainers may have been counterfit. Do we know the value of the car for example?

Oh I can so picture this! Misha and Tamerlan sitting around the kitchen table late at night. Tamerlan looking up to his new found hero and idol and soaking it up.

When I was that age I was involved with a group that had gathered around one of these new age self-made, self-help gurus, you know the kind, they tell you how to attain happiness and peace etc, they have meetings and the guy talks and all sit and listen. I was so smitten with the guy, I soaked up his words, his advice, his ideas, I came to him for answers, I was looking for directions. I was very easily influenced in those years cause I wasn't strong enough in myself yet, had dropped out of college, felt lonely etc. If he had told me to give up music, like Misha said to T, I probably would have.

That's the state of mind Tamerlan was probably in when Misha was introduced to his life.

Petty he didn't turn his back on him and his preachings as I did after a few years with my "guru".

That's actually not bad. About the same here for a non-prestige school and area. You'd think any place in Boston could charge more!

Umass Dartmouth is not in Boston (though there is a Umass Boston) its in Dartmouth....about 45-60min south of boston. It's not that great of an area, very working class, blue collar...not near anything too exciting.

- - > time: I found your quote on a few sites, this translation seems the best so far

"You're not Mikail anymore, but you're Misha, as you were before Islam. You converted to Shiism not because you truly believe in it, but because of your own passions, and interests (of which only Allah knows) which you pursued. As you entered Islam, you have exited it. You have betrayed yourself Misha. Whatever, goodbye."

Ti ne Mikaeil bolshe a Misha kakim i bil do Islama. Ti prinyal shiism ne iz za togo chto on tebya ubezhdaet,a iz za svoih strastei, i interesov(o kotorih znaet lish Allah) kotorim ti posledoval. Ti kak vvoshel v Islam tak iz nego i viletel.Ti predal samogo sebya Misha. Ladno davai dosvidaniya.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189...mber_YouTube_comment_ETA_is_this_the_translat

does that make sense with the video commented on?

- - > time: I found your quote on a few sites, this translation seems the best so far

"You're not Mikail anymore, but you're Misha, as you were before Islam. You converted to Shiism not because you truly believe in it, but because of your own passions, and interests (of which only Allah knows) which you pursued. As you entered Islam, you have exited it. You have betrayed yourself Misha. Whatever, goodbye."

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189...mber_YouTube_comment_ETA_is_this_the_translat

That's one creepy quote. Sounds like misha really disappointed him somehow....

Oh by the way, I have a question....how do we know that the three murder victims from 2011 were Jewish?

And you think she would tell the truth about it, or tell anything at all?

This actually sounds like the guy that was posted in the article yesterday that said he performed exorcisms.......

This article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...other-Boston-bombers-lead-radicalization.html

Yes seems to be the same guy.

Sounds like T and Misha had a fall out? When was this video posted? If they had a falling out maybe it triggered the violence in TT.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about the wife.

While I agree that the feds need to talk to the mother, this is not a federal site and you're not allowed to speculate about people unless they've been named as suspects :)

Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #7 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody - Page 37 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #7 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody - Page 56 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

No, I apologize, it was my mistake. Thanks for pointing it out. I edited to clear it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752