GUILTY Australia - Morgan Huxley, 31, stabbed to death, Neutral Bay, NSW, 8 Sept 2013 #3

I hope this isn't breaching WS rules - I'm sure Marly would snip it if it does:

But if you Google "Mingle2" "Sydney" and "Gay", then use your brains, you should be able to find him - he's currently on the 3rd page, complete with photo just so you know we're referring to the same person.

Don't ask me how I found that, either - it was a patient who told me.! The patient is quite openly gay and I thought I'd "consult" him for a change ;)

Martin Bryant had a LOT of issues, and these didn't matter when it came to convicting him. I hope it's so in this case.

LOL my work computer did not like those search terms Dr Watson

But if you Google "Mingle2" "Sydney" and "Gay", then use your brains, you should be able to find him - he's currently on the 3rd page, complete with photo just so you know we're referring to the same person.

Don't ask me how I found that, either - it was a patient who told me.!

Thank you. Looks like his profile pic was taken at work too ..

Well, after sticking my head in momrids' bucket-o-caffeine there, I'm still utterly gobsmacked at how many twists this case has taken....

And it looks like the truth is pointing to a sad little man who got mad when a hunky guy he'd been eyeballing didn't reciprocate his lust. And had some money lying around.

Simple enough, I reckon. But wow, what a circus with the media and the cops directing them, and all.

It's interesting DJK's lawyer is pointing at the media now.. Guaranteed that'll figure in somewhere. But why would the cops allow info leaks, if it would jeopardise the case?

Don't ask me how I found that, either - it was a patient who told me.!

Thanks Doc. A patient huh? :floorlaugh: It's a slightly different photo but definitely the same guy.

Thank you. Looks like his profile pic was taken at work too ..

I noticed that Mrs. G. It does look like a kitchen environment of some sort. I think this is a fairly recent photo. It also says that he was there within the last two weeks.

Okay - here's the view from the corner of the laneway DJK is said to have been lurking in, looking toward the pub:

http://goo.gl/maps/WQ4Sc

I wonder when the footage showing him coming past Vinnie's was taken -- before or after he was in Grosvenor Ln?

I wouldn't like to see this case sidetracked in court more on the murderer & his syndromes/illness/symptoms/mental health, somehow we are swayed in some instances to actually sympathise with a murderer because of a 'bad childhood', disfunctional family, mental issues & whatever else, it gets lost somewhere along the line that the same person up till yesterday could vote, drink, drive, work & participate in everyday activities as everyone else

Once that person commits a crime, he/she is no longer that "quiet, polite person" that everyone knew, & is this raging lunatic with a knife or gun & a hundred excuses why this person should have some lenient sentence - all the attention gets focused on the criminals mental health & the victim & their families are left behind.

Ok, this does not apply to every case, just seems in the last few years it occurs more often than it should. We are told almost everyday what a wealthy country we are, yet there always seems the lack of money/resources when it comes to perhaps preventing alot of these crimes.

It is when something happens that an army of officials from various professions that come out in bounds telling us how it could have been prevented, the signs were there, etc. Waste of money and resources after the event

I am sick of hearing of ppl who have managed to kill a person or a family & the whole trial later develops into this marathon of saving him/her from a harsh penalty because they were sick/mental - alot of these so called ppl with mental issues, are sane enough to plot & commit a crime, go to
extraordinary lengths to hide, lie, only when caught are they insane with usually the bad & abusive childhood element thrown in.

I just hope that this case does not turn out like many, in which the families who have already suffered a loss, must endure mths & mths of a legal debate on how all of a sudden a brazen murderer is not responsible for his actions - as he is unwell.

I know this does not apply to all cases, it must be that I just hear & read time after time of similar things happening in our system.

Many of us here , on this forum might have had some kind of hardship, loss, battle, chiildhood drama, &/ perhaps past or current mental health issues, perhaps that is why I am not very tolerant when it comes to making excuses or feeling sympathy for a murderer, no matter what reason

Thanks, abit of venting

Don't you think though that if he does have a serious mental illness of some sort that it should be discussed at trial, we are not barbarians, it should factor in IMO, I'm not saying he should be 'let off' or any such thing, he's dangerous and society needs to be protected, but of course it's relevant.

Nikki - thanks button isn't enough. :goodpost:

Mrs. G - I do think it needs to be discussed, of course it does, it could have factored in to the 'why', we don't know.. (but I bet the defence will make the most of it as it an excuse, that's their job after all..).

It's just frustrating that there's people out there with similar illnesses/neurological states that have fought long and hard for equality and acceptance... for the right to be seen as part of the normal spectrum of human awareness, and every time a murderer with these issues is on trial it suddenly becomes an excuse/liability/mitigating disability of some sort.

Just seems to undermine all that, you know? And a bit have his cake and eat it too, in DJK's case, and people like him (eta IF they take the 'diminished responsibility ' angle, which I fully expect the defence to do..).

Regarding his boss saying that he wasn't employed there:

Mr Deverall said he was told he could not speak to the media about his connection to Mr Kelsall in the days after his arrest.
''We were advised by police not to talk to anyone about him,'' he said. ''That's why we were unable to discuss Jack."
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/stabbing-...l-says-boss-20131014-2vix7.html#ixzz2hlhYJ35f

Also from that article:

Homicide detectives interviewed Mr Kelsall at North Sydney police station about two weeks after Mr Huxley's death, later seizing his satchel and glasses for forensic testing.

After Mr Kelsall was first interviewed by police, a source close to the case said he voluntarily contacted police and told them he had been intimately involved with Mr Huxley on the night he was killed.

LOL my work computer did not like those search terms Dr Watson

Lol, I'm pretty sure that's the main reason phones have the internet now :floorlaugh: People like us can keep perusing the internet at work without getting caught.

Lol, I'm pretty sure that's the main reason phones have the internet now :floorlaugh:

Omg. I am pretty sure that sleuthing things has turned my computer into a land mine of potentially incriminating material, if I was ever accused of something awful...

I really should clean it all up, one of these days. I get some 'funny' ads popping up on unrelated websites, that's for sure... ><

Nikki - thanks button isn't enough. :goodpost:

Mrs. G - I do think it needs to be discussed, of course it does, it could have factored in to the 'why', we don't know.. (but I bet the defence will make the most of it as it an excuse, that's their job after all..).

It's just frustrating that there's people out there with similar illnesses/neurological states that have fought long and hard for equality and acceptance... for the right to be seen as part of the normal spectrum of human awareness, and every time a murderer with these issues is on trial it suddenly becomes an excuse/liability/mitigating disability of some sort.

Just seems to undermine all that, you know? And a bit have his cake and eat it too, in DJK's case, and people like him (eta IF they take the 'diminished responsibility ' angle, which I fully expect the defence to do..).

It will depend on how much the mental illness factored into what happened really wont it, like was the illness at the root of the murder, or was there a motivation which had nothing to do with the illness .. I agree, defence will likely try and say the illness was the cause of the crime ..

Well now that his online name is posted, he also uses lamant22 but a lot of stuff under this username has been wiped.

Now that it's here, I'll put money on the Daily Telegraph saying something about bipolar tomorrow.

Good ol' Daily Telegraph. Trawling crime forums for news material just wouldn't be the same without 'em. ;)

Okay - here's the view from the corner of the laneway DJK is said to have been lurking in, looking toward the pub:

http://goo.gl/maps/WQ4Sc

I wonder when the footage showing him coming past Vinnie's was taken -- before or after he was in Grosvenor Ln?

Thanks Ausgirl. Looking at the Oaks straight on, there are three exits onto Ben Boyd Road. MH could have exited from any one of them and may not have been aware that DJK was lurking nearby. Although I don't think that is the case.

Oaks-Hotel-BBR-exits.jpg

I just can't get my head around the fact that DJK was actually in MH's unit and his bedroom. How did he gain entry without being invited? If MH didn't want him there and put up a struggle, why was he naked from the waist down? I just can't see DJK being able to de-pants MH before during or after the stabbing without MH putting up a fight.

Interesting! He had been tagged for further questioning after his first interview.

Police sources said Kelsall was "tagged and released", but earmarked for further questioning, after they initially spoke to him about Mr Huxley's killing.

Detectives first spoke with Kelsall about a week before he was arrested and charged with murder, after he had been captured on CCTV running along behind Mr Huxley, 31, as the pair headed along Military Rd, in the early hours of September 8.

Police sources said when they first interviewed Kelsall, there were parts of his version of events from that night, which indicated to detectives he needed to be reinterviewed at a later date.

However, while detectives were continuing with their murder investigation, and before they were in a position to speak with Kelsall a second time, it will be alleged he contacted them with other details of what took place that night.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ad-his-last-beer/story-fni0cx12-1226739920271

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brentr
Back