Adam Baker's Timeline.

Dar posted a new article today in media where KB was reiterating that Adam worked long hours.

The Catawba County Social Services reports they went unannounced to the house on Tuesday, July 13, 2010 at 6:18pm and talked with Adam, Elisa, and Zahra. Why was Adam at home at that hour IF he worked such long hours?
http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14070673

IMO, his and KB's lies are going to catch up with them.

That date was also during daylight savings time when it wouldn't get dark outside for about another two hours. I concur, what was he doing home then? MOO

That date was also during daylight savings time when it wouldn't get dark outside for about another two hours. I concur, what was he doing home then? MOO

Maybe he was being home schooled. :innocent:

5). When was the old mattress discarded? And do we know from the sellers cell phone records when the new mattress was purchased and picked up? I've never seen that info...has anyone else?

JMO

..the only time i ever saw a date mentioned re: the mattress, was here:

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637

"The search focused on a mattress belonging to Zahra that had been disposed of by Zahra's parents sometime during early October, days before Zahra was reported missing," a press release from Hickory Police said.

Police said that they hoped to "use the mattress to confirm interviews with persons associated with this investigation." They also said that the mattress would be used to reinforce the timeline of Zahra's disappearance.

..we know from the "motion for bond reduction" that elisa was talking------and took LE on a road trip, pointing out the mattress dumpsite (where she says she AND adam tossed the mattress)------i would think it was elisa that also gave them the "early october" disposal date.

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/111510+elisa+baker+bond+redux.pdf
------bond reduction motion----

A couple of things are interesting here. First, EB allegedly being jealous of AB paying more attention to Zahra than to her. The same AB who didn't even bother to go into his daughter's bedroom to say good night to her in the time frame LE has established around her time of death? The same AB who can't even remember when he last actually saw his daughter (and not a "lump" in the bed)? Secondly, did Zahra have a wheelchair? I understood she had crutches however don't recall anything mentioned of a wheelchair or that any part of the house had to be made accessible for one. :waitasec: MOO

How pathetic that eb was jealous of the attention of a father to his daughter. :maddening:

She had a wheelchair in Australia; there was a story about a local organization building a ramp for kb's house in Giru and then ab had removed the ramp which upset some locals.

Don't know if the chair came with her or one was provided here in the US. It's just upsetting that Zahra was in pain from eb making her walk up the hill and that Zahra was isolated because that pain would have made it difficult for her to be mobile.

First off, Sawmills is a very small town.

Now to how long Adam worked for the tree service. According a Fox News article dated Oct. 13,2010:

The News Herald in Morganton also reports that investigators are examining an industrial wood chipper belonging to the company's owner, Fred Causby, who reportedly hired Baker about six months agohttp://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/1...orkplace-remains-missing-north-carolina-girl/

Sorry, I don't remember about any other jobs he had. I just remember reading about the neighbors in the trailer park and that the one man who witenessed the abuse w/his fiancee said that he got ab the job. I just can't find that specific link about the job. Perhaps someone else has it handy. When I do find it I'll post it, hopefully that will be sooner rather than later.

As I'm looking for it I am reminded that a lot of people saw what was happening. I just wish they had spoken up MORE!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/zahra-bake...eged-abuse-missing/story?id=11856868&page=2at this link

BBM

I posted a link today in media from a Charlotte Observer editorial stating:

N.C. law requires all adults to report suspected child maltreatment. We must do so. You do not need proof that maltreatment has occurred; you only need reasonable cause to suspect maltreatment.

I think more than one person could be held accountable for not reporting this abuse.

How pathetic that eb was jealous of the attention of a father to his daughter. :maddening:

She had a wheelchair in Australia; there was a story about a local organization building a ramp for kb's house in Giru and then ab had removed the ramp which upset some locals.

Don't know if the chair came with her or one was provided here in the US. It's just upsetting that Zahra was in pain from eb making her walk up the hill and that Zahra was isolated because that pain would have made it difficult for her to be mobile.

I just didn't remember hearing about a wheelchair while she was here in NC. And yes, I've always felt so sorry for her trying to navigate herself around with an ill-fitting prosthesis, let alone to be abused the way she was for not performing as commanded. :cry:

First off, Sawmills is a very small town.

Now to how long Adam worked for the tree service. According a Fox News article dated Oct. 13,2010:

The News Herald in Morganton also reports that investigators are examining an industrial wood chipper belonging to the company's owner, Fred Causby, who reportedly hired Baker about six months agohttp://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/1...orkplace-remains-missing-north-carolina-girl/

So...he WAS employed when DSS showed up un-announced on Tues. July 13 and spoke with him, EB and Zahra at home. Was the hard working Adam Baker at home that day because it was raining? If so, how come he wasn't home from work due to rain at any point from Sept. 24 - Oct. 9 ? :waitasec:

That discussion also takes place in another thread here, where I've also posted that it's possible he was working in the yard splitting wood. If so that would explain why the DSS considered him "at home" but that he would consider that he was still "at work" as he was not inside relaxing with the family. Just a thought.

I'm braindead, Lucy. 'Splain.

Well, Ethel, I was surmising that because the Bakers never lived anywhere for long that they were at Sawmills for only a while. If the Sawmills neighbor was the the one who turned AB onto the job with Mr. C. and then they shortly thereafter moved from Sawmills to the house in Hickory owned by the new boss, I am guestimating that AB reasonably could only have had that job a matter of months at the point Zahra went missing.

This leads me to wonder what AB's timeline looks like prior to that. Where did he work pre Mr. C and what would that tell us about his activities, hours he kept, time at home, time away from home, etc.

ETA guess I should have finished the page before responding to MK's, I would have found that Hickory born had already nailed down the how long working for Mr. C. thing :)

I am pondering about the job etc as it pertains to AB's habits and his timeline in general since arriving in the states. trying to figure how those habits, jobs, and timeline factor into the moves, EB's abuse of Zahra, etc. Trying to figure out when things changed and when EB went from playing the role of loving stepmum to evil stepmonster in Zahra's life. Trying to figure out exactly when AB "had the wool pulled over his eyes" ie. when did AB start wearing the blindfold which prevented him from seeing what was before his nose.

Well, Ethel, I was surmising that because the Bakers never lived anywhere for long that they were at Sawmills for only a while. If the Sawmills neighbor was the the one who turned AB onto the job with Mr. C. and then they shortly thereafter moved from Sawmills to the house in Hickory owned by the new boss, I am guestimating that AB reasonably could only have had that job a matter of months at the point Zahra went missing.

This leads me to wonder what AB's timeline looks like prior to that. Where did he work pre Mr. C and what would that tell us about his activities, hours he kept, time at home, time away from home, etc.

ETA guess I should have finished the page before responding to MK's, I would have found that Hickory born had already nailed down the how long working for Mr. C. thing :)

I am pondering about the job etc as it pertains to AB's habits and his timeline in general since arriving in the states. trying to figure how those habits, jobs, and timeline factor into the moves, EB's abuse of Zahra, etc. Trying to figure out when things changed and when EB went from playing the role of loving stepmum to evil stepmonster in Zahra's life. Trying to figure out exactly when AB "had the wool pulled over his eyes" ie. when did AB start wearing the blindfold which prevented him from seeing what was before his nose.

Intelligent approach, Lucy.

Unfortunately, the only info I can offer is that he worked in a sugar mill back in Australia. For how long, I couldn't say. I know absolutely nothing about his work record since his arrival in the states...other than the job with Coffey.

Anyone else have anything? :waitasec:

..we know from the "motion for bond reduction" that elisa was talking------and took LE on a road trip, pointing out the mattress dumpsite (where she says she AND adam tossed the mattress)------i would think it was elisa that also gave them the "early october" disposal date.

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/111510+elisa+baker+bond+redux.pdf
------bond reduction motion----

This news link, [a compilation that starts at:

Posted: Oct 09, 2010 8:05 PM MDT
Updated: Nov 08, 2010 2:27 PM MST]

has quite a bit of info about the mattress and the search for it. Mattress discussion starts just before half way down.

http://www.wect.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637

Well, Ethel, <snipped>I am pondering about the job etc as it pertains to AB's habits and his timeline in general since arriving in the states. trying to figure how those habits, jobs, and timeline factor into the moves, EB's abuse of Zahra, etc. Trying to figure out when things changed and when EB went from playing the role of loving stepmum to evil stepmonster in Zahra's life. Trying to figure out exactly when AB "had the wool pulled over his eyes" ie. when did AB start wearing the blindfold which prevented him from seeing what was before his nose.

BBM

Do you think that time coincides with when drugs/meth came into the picture? We had neighbors, a young couple, in an apt. complex we lived in that went from young professionals with excellent jobs to recluses cooking meth in their place all in a matter of weeks. The fire department had to come and evacuate our building because of the odors from the process. I've also wondered if the fumes from eb possibly making meth in the house made Zahra ill? The stench in our building made us all really sick.

As far as I know, the meth speculations originated out here on WS and other crime sites like it. The only thing mentioned in the MSM regarding drug use has come from EB's father and I am not quoting but rather recalling quotes of his in the press the one time he spoke about the case. He said something to the effect that drugs can make people do horrible things, or change people or something like that. And another statement by a famil member, dont recall which one, EB's DD or her D DIL, that EB used to be a source of drugs for her. To my recollection we never have heard WHAT drugs those family members were referring to, we simply speculated that a likely possibility was meth. Also as far as I know, no one has ever come out in LE or to press stating that AB was a drug user.

So for me, these are all still big unknowns. Given that fact, it is hard to know what role, if any drugs play in the timeline of AB's wherabouts, job history, activities or hours kept.

ETA man, this whole timeline thing for AB is nearly impossible with the limited facts we have.

Weren't the assault charges against AB and EB supposed to have been because family members owed money to them, and they threatened to run them off the road and kill them/their children unless they paid AB and EB what was owed?? Did I dream that??? Going back to look.....

*If* there had been any evidence of manufacturing drugs in the house, LE would have found it...........

Let's not go there on this thread.

Thank you! :)

I saw that interview with eb's father as well and remember his comments about the effects of drugs.

I think that this is something [drug use] that will remain an unknown/verified factor in ab's life/timeline until there is a trial.

As far as I know, the meth speculations originated out here on WS and other crime sites like it. The only thing mentioned in the MSM regarding drug use has come from EB's father and I am not quoting but rather recalling quotes of his in the press the one time he spoke about the case. He said something to the effect that drugs can make people do horrible things, or change people or something like that. And another statement by a famil member, dont recall which one, EB's DD or her D DIL, that EB used to be a source of drugs for her. To my recollection we never have heard WHAT drugs those family members were referring to, we simply speculated that a likely possibility was meth. Also as far as I know, no one has ever come out in LE or to press stating that AB was a drug user.

So for me, these are all still big unknowns. Given that fact, it is hard to know what role, if any drugs play in the timeline of AB's wherabouts, job history, activities or hours kept.

ETA man, this whole timeline thing for AB is nearly impossible with the limited facts we have.

I am assuming that *IF* EB was a regular drug user that when she was incarcerated she would have been identified as a drug user by the medical staff, since she would had gone through withdrawal. I presume that would come out at trial if relevant? If not, then we will certainly be unlikely to get any information to further develop such theories.

I'm trying to put together a comprehensive timeline of all the relevant dates of this case. Does anyone know the exact date of the running off the rd incident involving BB? I tried to look up arrest reports under official documents, but I'm getting a file error on the download.

ETA: Nevermind, I finally found it. It was May 22.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back