Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
All 3 major networks reported the Bushmaster in the trunk.

Early news reports on a major story are often inaccurate. For example early reports from Columbine indicated that 25 students had died and three young hispanic males had been arrested.

The weapon pulled from the trunk of Lanza's car was photographed, tagged as evidence and bagged by crime scene investigators. The scene inside the school was extensively photographed and the position of every bullet and shell casing documented before these items were collected as evidence. Any bullets found in the victims were also catalogued as evidence. The investigators know what weapons were used and where they were found. Early reports in the news media are often little more than hunches and rumors.

Early reports by eyewitnesses are more reliable than later recounts. If "news" reports were inaccurate it's because they took it upon themselves to make it up, or were given narratives, or didn't check their sources i.e., the statement made by SHE principal Hochsprung after it had already been reported she was dead. It's also my opinion that a kid 6 ft tall weighing 112 pounds carrying 30+ pounds of ammo and weapons couldn't pull of what they say he did in the time frame they say he did.. He reportedly didn't participate in sports or other physical activity and was anorexic.

Early reports by eyewitnesses are more reliable than later recounts. If "news" reports were inaccurate it's because they took it upon themselves to make it up, or were given narratives, or didn't check their sources i.e., the statement made by SHE principal Hochsprung after it had already been reported she was dead. It's also my opinion that a kid 6 ft tall weighing 112 pounds carrying 30+ pounds of ammo and weapons couldn't pull of what they say he did in the time frame they say he did.. He reportedly didn't participate in sports or other physical activity and was anorexic.
Do you have anything to back up your assertion that early eyewitness reports are more reliable than later accounts?

I had a colleague who I very much respected try to explain to me how this was all made up. Because I know she's a smart person, I researched to try to find something that might back her up. I tried. All I could find were weird discussions about how a toddler was allegedly giving a Masonic signal in a family photo which to me clearly showed a toddler sucking on her fingers as many toddlers are wont to do in my decades of experience with toddlers. Also something about one of the kids wearing their dead sibling's dress when the family's met President Obama. Also not convincing as I'm the youngest of seven and therefore have worn older siblings clothing with no nefarious intentions. So, while I'm open minded to other lines of thinking with this tragic event, I've yet to read anything that offers any scrap of anything that even remotely convinces me that this was a conspiracy.

Also height and weight are only two factors. What makes you think he wasn't physically capable of perpetrating this attack?

By "they" do you mean law enforcement, the media, witnesses, survivors, and political leaders?
Thats what I'm saying.... well... except for the lead investigator, Maj. Podgorski who died suddenly from a brief and undisclosed illness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆