NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are from the same 2010 Google map from Blockshopper. If possible can you look at the three items in Pic 2 that I have circled. (It uploaded way too small...left of image/circle says What is this? Middle/circled image says Person & small vehicle? On left, the large rectangle is from the street lamp to an object...the text says "Shannan?"
This is where I get the map
http://longisland.blockshopper.com/property/47-20-89-243-000-0001-189-000-0000/48_larboard

I will take a crack at it tonight and upload what I see.

if you are out in a muddy, snakey ,buggy , prickly, plants up to your a-- ,middle of the dang nowhere...are you going to stop running and take your pants off?

not me...I'm turning in another direction...screw that.

And if you were suffering from hypothermia and impelled to start taking your clothes off, wouldn't you start with your top?

And if you were suffering from hypothermia and impelled to start taking your clothes off, wouldn't you start with your top?

I think that may depend on the person. Well for me, I might start with the pants if my top was long enough to cover my backside.

I still don't think this ever happened...maybe I'm nuts...

Not if you step in a two ft deep puddle. Also, your torso is where most of your core temp is.

If Shannan stepped into one of those trenches and sunk into the silt up to her thighs, she may have had no choice but to shed her jeans to get out of there. Heck, I have ventured out into the marsh behind my house to clean up trash and have sunk down to my chins and lost my shoes in the process. I don't know if this is what happened... but I I were stuck in marsh muck and couldn't free myself due to my jeans being wet and heavy full of sand and felt I was being chased, you betcha I would shed them in order to get the He!! out of there.

I am still on the fence til we get more info, FWIW.

wm

Thanks for finding this shadowraiths. It strikes me as odd that 10 months after Jessica Taylor/Manorville was in the news, that Carman is still talking about her:

From the NY Daily News article:
"On Dec. 4, 2004, he called Campbell, Hashagen and McDade to warn Campbell that if she went to the EAB ceremony, he would be there.

"I will be in the crowd," he said. "I will dump her in Manorville with all the rest of the *advertiser censored*."

Does anyone know if Manorville a regular topic in the news between Feb and Dec 2004?

I think the samme amount of attention was dedicated to Manorville as is dedicated to the suitcased torso recently found in Yonkers. Okay, maybe at some point Manorville received a little more attention but not much.

I think the samme amount of attention was dedicated to Manorville as is dedicated to the suitcased torso recently found in Yonkers. Okay, maybe at some point Manorville received a little more attention but not much.

It may not have been a big story but it would get a lot of coverage on News12. The anchor that he was calling worked for News12 so it makes sense that he was watching News12 regularly and would have seen the story and know that she was familiar with it.

Now that SG has been found, MG needs to lawyer up and have the lawyer file a FOIA request with the police department to release the 911 tape and other information. If it is no longer evidence in an ongoing case and it is ruled an accident as they claim, then they would have to release it. Only if they think the crimes are connected could they keep the evidence unless charges are pending against others in her case. They at least would have to officially decide with the filing.

I saw a tweet (who knows how accurate), that police are still denying MG a chance to hear the tape. Why would they do that if it's over?

I think it is way weird they are already saying she drowned.

TheRE would be no way for anyone to tell that on the scene.Why is LE offering theories when there are already so many?
I think they should have held back any information of what they think until after a ME examinees her. I personaly am interested in her tox results. Hopefuly they can get that. aybe they are trying to lure the SK into calling someone again since he has that drive ..

why can't they hear the tape??? they have a right to hear it...whatever.

Here is the link for Fox 5 with Greg Kelly, Rosanna Scotto and Dr. Michael Baden:

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/will-forensic-exam-change-gilbert-death-theory-20111214

Also, this is the Gilbert family attorney, Robin Sax, on GDNY:

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/good_day...ls-for-release-of-911-call-robin-sax-20111214

Wow, thank you so much for posting that.

Clearly I am watching the wrong news channel! (Yesterday I thought if I heard Josh Eineger say one more time that the case was closed I was going to have a brain aneurysm!)

I think I was stressing because my fear was that LE were not going to investigate this properly. It's not unreasonable to have that fear because honestly they didn't take Shannan's disappearance too seriously at first and I think they were remiss in a lot of ways, and I truly feel it had a lot to do with her profession and circumstances. And it's not the first time that has happened in this world, when prostitutes go missing or are murdered. Perhaps that is to some extent my own personal bias, but I think there's a lot of truth to it.

Why should I stress about it? Partly because I honestly do feel for the victims and their families and want justice for them. Partly because I want the SK to be caught. Partly because I don't want any more victims. And partly because I live in this area, and don't want a serial killer running around. If there is any chance, ANY chance whatsoever, that Shannan's case is connected to the other murders, I want it fully investigated. I think that is completely reasonable. If it truly turns out it isn't, so be it, but as a woman, a human being and an inhabitant of this area, I want that to be definitively determined. It's not because I am a wannabe Agatha Christie or conspiracy theorist.

I do realize that they have their own way of doing things and a lot of people have suggested that they are throwing out a red herring. But when you have news reports acting like it's a done deal, it's upsetting. I think all I needed was to hear one damn report suggesting otherwise. I think if it's true LE are being crafty and doing things for a reason, that's fine, but they need to temper that just a little with assuring the public that they are still looking at everything thoroughly, especially considering how they handled it before. And no offence to him but IMO, Richard Dormer's demeanor and delivery just don't inspire confidence. (The other guy - sorry, forget his name, too lazy to look for it - was much better.)

I thought Robin Sax was very eloquent (from the website she came across as a bit of a zealot to me, but I don't think that now) and obviously there are excellent people on watch, so I think that knowledge will help me chill out a bit now. That's all I needed to hear! Thanks ItalinBella27, I may actually get some work done now!!!!

and tell me again how they knew to look there and how they knew to drain the area to find Shannan's things and then her body...??

Hi, Snapdragon2. The first police reports included mention of Shannan's condition and drug use. From law enforcement interviews, it seems clear that they regarded her 911 call as rambling and disoriented. Which makes sense: People don't make 23-minute 911 calls with other people in the room in normal states of mind. This is not a factor to be passed over lightly: In New York City, making such an extended call would be grounds for arrest.

She refused sanctuary at two houses, not one.

The question pops up: If she didn't trust the police, why did she make a 23-minute call to them?

The coincidence is not so gigantic if one considers the sequence: The wilderness area was searched closely because Shannan went missing. If her body had been found in the marsh first, the killing fields might have remained undisturbed longer and people would have been less likely to make a connection.

That she advertised on Craigslist (even though she does not fit the killer's patterns) intensified people's suspicions about people associated with her visit.

Hi Chanler and Snapdragon,
Not tryin' to attack - but I wanted to highlight the question that really bugs me: Like you said - if she didn't "trust" police, why did she call 911?

Sorry if I'm repeating, but I read an article for the first time today where JB, Pak and Diaz spoke. It's chilling that JB says Shannan asked him a "transvestite" question and that's when he told her to leave. I'm going to try to post the link to the interview...http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/06/jersey_city_prostitute_still_m.html

Seaslug, in your post at http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...575</STRONG>&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13238594293241

you mention about the remains being found at the end of what appears to be an established trail. Can't locate your pics of where the personal effects were located, but am I correct that they also were found near the end of the trail that comes in off Anchor Way?

Hi Sillybilly, In all my reading yesterday it was said Shannon's personal effects were found closer to 55 Larboard Ct. That is the last house on that streef before it turns south and is the big grey house that sits back in aways with a private road.

image.JPG

Why so many evidence markers?

Were her remains scattered or were there foot prints?

Also, look at the hardwood trees. This is not a section that floods more than an inch during heavy rainfall otherwise those trees would not be able to grow.

Also, that tree to the left was clearly cut with a saw. Assuming that they cut it to get a better view of the scene, this suggests that her remains were under that tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow