GUILTY MA - Colleen Ritzer, 24, brutally murdered, Danvers, 22 Oct 2013 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondered if he wasn't passing her math class. Here we have 'No Pass No Play', which means if you aren't passing ALL of your classes, you are not allowed to play school sports until the next reporting period ( 3, 6 or 9 week review) depending on district policy. Soccer seems to have been the way PC gained respect from fellow students, being the highest scorer. Did CR insist that he do the work and bring his grades up instead of giving him a pass? jmo

Wondered if he wasn't passing her math class. Here we have 'No Pass No Play', which means if you aren't passing ALL of your classes, you are not allowed to play school sports until the next reporting period ( 3, 6 or 9 week review) depending on district policy. Soccer seems to have been the way PC gained respect from fellow students, being the highest scorer. Did CR insist that he do the work and bring his grades up instead of giving him a pass? jmo

I was wondering the same thing. I will never forget, and this was almost 40 years ago, a guidance counselor coming into our class and pleading with the teacher to give a football player a passing grade so he could stay on the team. The teacher stood his ground and told her that he had one girl who couldn't do the work but at least she tried so he was willing to pass her, but the football player didn't even try so he was going to get an F.

Perhaps the title of this thread should be revised/updated as it does not seem like a gun was involved in this murder.

I agree. I am VERY local with an ear to both the local MSM as well as the rumor mill with family who are connected with local LE, and there has been no mention of firearm use whatsoever on any level.

There has been talk of stabbing, and that's unconfirmed.

Tonight's local news say he slashed her throat with a box cutter. (Fox News-
Boston.)

I agree. I am VERY local with an ear to both the local MSM as well as the rumor mill with family who are connected with local LE, and there has been no mention of firearm use whatsoever on any level.

There has been talk of stabbing, and that's unconfirmed.

I think this is actually my fault, I suggested the initial topic change to moderators and I believe now that I was confusing the case with another school shooting (or it was misreported as such). At the time I was just trying to get the victim's name into the subject line.

I just saw this thread. What a terrible shame :( I wish peace and comfort to Colleens family and students right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

How horrible, I just do not understand all the teenage violence that keeps happening.This young woman was only 24 and a wonderful person as well as a great teacher. Prayers to her family and friends as well as her school family.Very sad.

Tonight's local news say he slashed her throat with a box cutter. (Fox News-
Boston.)

Such brutality at such a young age. IMO, not a good sign for his chances of rehabilitation.

I have been reading a lot online about this and it makes me sick to think a 14 yr old would just go and murder his teacher at school.I saw a twitter account mention he was an honor student.Not sure how true this is though.It does make me wonder if Math was a hard subject for him and he was not going to get the A in her class.I wonder if he was from a family that had only high expectations of him.Maybe in the next few days we will learn more.I feel for Colleen's family ,friends, and students.Tragic

Christian Snyder, a high school freshman here, never liked math much, until he had Colleen Ritzer as a teacher.

“It was always a struggle,” Christian, 14, said Wednesday outside Danvers High School in this quiet suburb, about 20 miles north of Boston. “But she was always positive and happy, and she made me feel like I wanted to go to math class.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/24/u...in-killing-of-a-teacher-near-boston.html?_r=0

This is just so sad and senseless.

It sounds as if she was/would have been one of those rare teachers that make a big impact on their students' lives. Math was often a struggle for me, too, and I would have really appreciated the kind of teacher it sounds like she was.

Also this hits close to home because there are many teachers in my family, including my mother (retired).

I hope we find out some inkling of why this kid did this. Stabbing/slashing is an up-close, personal crime.

<modsnip>

Anyway, there was another case I was reading about in Massachusetts where a teenage boy killed his girlfriend, and they released security camera footage of her leaving the mall where she worked. So it seems like Massachusetts is pretty lenient when it comes to footage being released. It seems likely that we will see parts of the footage eventually.

No matter what we know (or, rather, think we know) the thread title should include the word "allegedly."

I hope they check her computer to see if he was stalking her etc....I am sure they will, and check his too?

I am surprised they connected him to the murder so fast, maybe he said something?

This is so heartbreaking. Prayers for family and may she RIP.

I hope they check her computer to see if he was stalking her etc....I am sure they will, and check his too?

I am surprised they connected him to the murder so fast, maybe he said something?

This is so heartbreaking. Prayers for family and may she RIP.

Let me find you some links that tell more...

1. He was on CCTV in the school following her into the restroom and then dragging a recycling bin out of the restroom.

2. Her cellphone was recovered in the vicinity of his last known location before HE was reported missing the day of the crime.

3. He made self-incriminating statements.

Here are some links that contain various bits and parts of the above.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...vestigation/Yc670TZds9LRw6ev3LP8qJ/story.html

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...with-teachers-murder-based-on-video-statement

http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/bost...er/-/11984708/22605838/-/wwktk9z/-/index.html

http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/bost...her/-/11984708/22607952/-/auw3xl/-/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member