Trial Discussion Thread #56 - 14.15.10, Day 45 ~ sentencing~

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sound on the sky youtube streaming isn't good today .. I've turned the volume right up but can't hear it very well .. these live streams drive me mad, keep having to look for a different one every flippin day!

Nel pointing out the stats she gave the court yesterday were from 2005/8.

Good morning from the UK where it is a grey raining morning!

So, Verger got some her information from phoning the Pretoria prison and talking to someone on the phone - an anonymous person. *ContraDixion level of expertise*.

She’s never received officially requested information. Because she thinks the official information cannot be exposed for the purpose of a court case. “I don’t maybe have the authority and I have approached them.”

Nel rightly points out that makes little sense as there are many prison officials who would use that information. She is showing badly researched facts, shaky level of subjective opinion without knowing the facts of the actual sentencing act. Shows a bias and also unprofessional report creation. Scary, she's been used so many times in SA justice system.

She actually used the information from a web page. The web page from a nine-year-old speech made by the General Secretary of Winkosr (sp?).

Her voice is excruciating.

Oscar Trial Channel @OscarTrial199 · 1 Std. Vor 1 Stunde

Flanked by two female SAPS officers, Pistorius arrives for third day of sentencing arguments #oscartrial

N: You used his speech and extracted para at page 39. The main concern of Mr ?? at that conference were what?

AV: Mainly the crisis in prison service...

Nel says it was actually the dept's refusal to hire more entry level staff

Nel:.... You know a prisoner can apply for a single cell under the Act?

AV: I don't know the Act. I'm not and expert in the field...

AV keeps repeating , 'I take note thereof Milady' and she has annoyed Nel.

Oscar Trial Channel @OscarTrial199 · 1 Std. Vor 1 Stunde

Flanked by two female SAPS officers, Pistorius arrives for third day of sentencing arguments #oscartrial

Hmmm, interesting. He's a sex symbol now.

Seems there was some confusion regarding the payments. Hope this clears it up.

“It also emerged on Tuesday that Pistorius offered a one-off payment of 375,000 rand (£21,300) to the Steenkamp family after Reeva's death, but they rejected it because they did not want to accept ‘blood money’".

Nel revealed that OP obtained this money from the sale of his car

“However, June and Barry Steenkamp accepted monthly payments of 6,000 rand (£340) from Pistorius, who requested that it be kept confidential, the Steenkamp's lawyer Dup de Bruyn said.

"They needed it. They needed to live," Mr de Bruyn said. "They are now in a position to repay it." Mr de Bruyn told reporters that the couple will not seek further financial compensation for the loss of their daughter”.

De Bruyn went on to say that he’d done some good deals and they were now in a much better financial position and added that they will not be pursuing a civil case.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...riend-who-testified-against-him-in-court.html

de Bruyn has since confirmed that they are in the process of repaying the funds.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...s/11158043/Oscar-Pistorius-sentence-live.html

Posted by LemonMousse (Link to Dadic’s twitter a/c still not working)

“David Dadic has just pointed out that Pistorius wanted it kept confidential, then "opportunistically" revealed it in open court. The Steenkamps have every right to be furious”.

“A clearly agitated Pistorius watched over an impromptu consultation between his lawyers and De Bruyn after the statement to the press”.

http://www.sundayworld.co.za/news/2014/10/14/pistorius-pays-steenkamps-r6000p.m

Nel’s questioning led to the Pistorius family accusing him of giving a distorted picture of the financial agreement with the Steenkamps. They said they would provide a full statement on Wednesday.

http://www.punchng.com/news/oscar-pistorius-sentence-hearing-to-continue/

How totally disingenuous on the part of OP and family. They probably wanted it to be kept a secret for the sole purpose of disclosing it now, thereby portraying him as a generous person while at the same time making it appear as though the Steenkamps were hiding the fact that were "benefiting" from her death.

My disgust for him and his family is total.

[R6,000 = $US542 £340 AUD622]

N: Do you know anything about the white paper 2005?

AV: No.

N: It deals with prisoners with disabilities....you never asked the prison serice how they cope with ppl with disabilities..

AV: I did by phone

Nel furious that she came to ccourt having only spoken to someone in prison service who remains anonymous.

Good morning from Bonnie Scotland!

Whoop whoop for whoopwhoop too - my sound is back!!

I'm having probs too with feeds here in the UK....sound is very low today so watching on Sky news but the ad breaks drive me nuts!

N: If someone in prison had a complaint, what would they do?

AV: I don't know.

N: I found that so, so irresponsible. That you would come to court not knowing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam