Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait for new material to discuss in this case. We're definitely at the awkward waiting stage... where the heck is Yingying? She has to be close to the campus/BC's place...

I know everyone has their opinions, and none of us knows, but I really have always believed, and still do, that she was just dumped somewhere close to where she was murdered. I believe if and when she is found, she will have been left within a half-hour drive of his home. With so many apparent rural areas close to town, I just don't believe he would have taken the risk of hauling her body around any longer than absolutely necessary to get rid of it. JMO

Maybe this is how he made his money....
df99f9c009245f19d9d85acaebc941c6.jpg

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Interesting, but judging from the amounts he has won, he could have made more money standing on a street corner, holding a sign. Plus, you pay to play.

Interesting, but judging from the amounts he has won, he could have made more money standing on a street corner, holding a sign. Plus, you pay to play.

That's true. All chump change except for 2010-2011. That's not a bad haul!

I know everyone has their opinions, and none of us knows, but I really have always believed, and still do, that she was just dumped somewhere close to where she was murdered. I believe if and when she is found, she will have been left within a half-hour drive of his home. With so many apparent rural areas close to town, I just don't believe he would have taken the risk of hauling her body around any longer than absolutely necessary to get rid of it. JMO
well, just another reminder that he could've easily plopped her in a dumpster within 30 mins. of his apt. where her body would be compacted and end up in a landfill perhaps an hour or more away from downtown Champaign.

well, just another reminder that he could've easily plopped her in a dumpster within 30 mins. of his apt. where her body would be compacted and end up in a landfill perhaps an hour or more away from downtown Champaign.

Yep, and I have suggested that before, and think that is very possible, and maybe even likely.

GHOULINA I just saw your post. Amazing. You sure got yourself one seriously strong Honey! Does the gym have any large windows out to the parking lot? Just wondering, when the BOLO went out for the vehicle.... how many people walked by BC's car, never even realizing it was THE car? Or maybe he never even parked it at the gym? Just wondering.....from a "male's" viewpoint as I would be the last person to ask about a vehicle make & model. Also, my hubs said it is strange, to him, that a man would be texting in the gym. He occasionally sees women texting, but that most MEN don't want to lose, damage or get sweat on their phones....and keep them in their gym bags. Wow, when you think about it....a month ago would be almost exactly when the FBI knocked on his front door!! Bet he was really watching his phone then! What are the chances of you narrowing down the exact day the photo was taken? I'm going to guess that is the phone the FBI took...so Monday, June 12th?

Didn't want to leave you hanging, lQ. l promised l would find out - photo was taken on June 28th.

Some dude youtubed a video of himself walking near BCs apartment to show how deserted and overgrown it is 5 minutes away, toward the lake. It did look like an ideal dump site. And ok this is gross, but if he'd put her body in a dumpster, wouldnt it have been there for a couple of days in the heat, creating an odor? I assume no trash pickup on sat or sun? Or maybe ppl expect dumpsters to smell horrible so it wouldnt gave been noticed? At the gas station I go to in my town, a few weeks ago I got out of my car and literally almost vomited from a hideous stench. I jokingly asked the cashier if there was a dead body in the dumpster, and she said that she thought a fisherman had dumped fish in their dumpster, which is a good 1/2 football field away from the gas pumps where ppl were gagging. So between that and the possibility of the body being discovered in a dumpster, I always feel like that was a big risk, but big "payoff." I would put my money on it as the likely site.

Maybe, I think it's cuz I live here, I don't know if you do Steve. But picture this, I used to sell antiques on eBay. I would travel around to outlying towns to auctions and estate sales. Some saturdays I'd be in rural Danville at 8:00 am and rural Paris at 2:30, with lunch and country roads in between, might've even hit the evening Gordyville flea market in Gifford. If you map those towns, you'll see, I never took the interstate, just back roads in case I came upon a garage sale. In the span of just a business day I could've covered a lot of mileage around here, 90% rural. Many of these roads go straight through cornfields and right now corn is 6 feet high. You can drive for miles like that, flat farmland. Champaign-Urbana is a big, small town in the middle of cornfields with drainage ditches, small copses of trees, deserted pull offs. If he is intelligent and he planned this, and he's as unfeeling, macabre and curious about death as I suspect, she is out there very much done away with. Not stashed or buried, obliterated. He's not the smartest, but smart enough to know the farmers plow their fields in a couple months and Kaufman and crystal lake bodies always surface. Crime was planned to the detail, that's why it bothered him so much when he couldn't succeed residential. He saw her wave down that bus and it was his last ditch bold effort to get someone. Crime was planned but YY was crime of opportunity. ☹️

I've never seen a garbage company working in this town on a Saturday or Sunday, that would mean a Monday pickup. There are only a handful of garbage companies in town and few more in surrounding areas, probably 15 at most for entire central Illinois area. By Monday morning with a missing girl and the FBI getting involved, probably garbage companies were on the lookout especially nearby.

Some dude youtubed a video of himself walking near BCs apartment to show how deserted and overgrown it is 5 minutes away, toward the lake. It did look like an ideal dump site. And ok this is gross, but if he'd put her body in a dumpster, wouldnt it have been there for a couple of days in the heat, creating an odor? I assume no trash pickup on sat or sun? Or maybe ppl expect dumpsters to smell horrible so it wouldnt gave been noticed? At the gas station I go to in my town, a few weeks ago I got out of my car and literally almost vomited from a hideous stench. I jokingly asked the cashier if there was a dead body in the dumpster, and she said that she thought a fisherman had dumped fish in their dumpster, which is a good 1/2 football field away from the gas pumps where ppl were gagging. So between that and the possibility of the body being discovered in a dumpster, I always feel like that was a big risk, but big "payoff." I would put my money on it as the likely site.

when one puts something in a dumpster, does one press the mangle now button, or does the dumpster do that itself? Are they emptied every day/week? Do you know?

when one puts something in a dumpster, does one press the mangle now button, or does the dumpster do that itself? Are they emptied every day/week? Do you know?
Dumpsters do no mangling, but the trucks that pick up do via compacting. Usually pickup is once or twice a week.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I've never seen a garbage company working in this town on a Saturday or Sunday, that would mean a Monday pickup. There are only a handful of garbage companies in town and few more in surrounding areas, probably 15 at most for entire central Illinois area. By Monday morning with a missing girl and the FBI getting involved, probably garbage companies were on the lookout especially nearby.

when I researched this a bit earlier it looked like garbage pickup in his neighborhood was on Wed. -- BUT I think he would've taken her farther out to a business or industrial site with less foot traffic and likely a different pickup day. True, a body could create quite a stench, though perhaps less so if packed tightly in a large gym bag -- but unless he buried her 6 feet under or the like, a stench would be created at any dump site (I don't buy that he incinerated or acidified her, nor chopped her in pieces).
I gotta believe at some point police will get the information from him (if they haven't already).

Please take this with open mind. Using words such as plopped her in a dumpster is a bit harsh to hear. Family and friends could be reading. I'm not aiming this to you only... everyone please try to remember she was someone's friend, daughter and loved one. Post with thought of word ... it is tragic no matter wording however we can choose to word things a bit more gentle when it comes to her personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe, I think it's cuz I live here, I don't know if you do Steve. But picture this, I used to sell antiques on eBay. I would travel around to outlying towns to auctions and estate sales. Some saturdays I'd be in rural Danville at 8:00 am and rural Paris at 2:30, with lunch and country roads in between, might've even hit the evening Gordyville flea market in Gifford. If you map those towns, you'll see, I never took the interstate, just back roads in case I came upon a garage sale. In the span of just a business day I could've covered a lot of mileage around here, 90% rural. Many of these roads go straight through cornfields and right now corn is 6 feet high. You can drive for miles like that, flat farmland. Champaign-Urbana is a big, small town in the middle of cornfields with drainage ditches, small copses of trees, deserted pull offs. If he is intelligent and he planned this, and he's as unfeeling, macabre and curious about death as I suspect, she is out there very much done away with. Not stashed or buried, obliterated. He's not the smartest, but smart enough to know the farmers plow their fields in a couple months and Kaufman and crystal lake bodies always surface. Crime was planned to the detail, that's why it bothered him so much when he couldn't succeed residential. He saw her wave down that bus and it was his last ditch bold effort to get someone. Crime was planned but YY was crime of opportunity. ☹️
This resonates.
Crime was planned. I agree and agree it was also opportunistic.
with planning , he would have expected a struggle so would have prepared a temporary incapacitation method. We dont know what he chose.
He would have expected a search, he possibly knew he would become a suspect at some point. I saw it reported that he had logged into Cupid at 7 something am on the morning of his birthday which suggests, if its accurate, I did not actually check that out, that he was on a course of 'behavior as normal'.. not sure whether this was because the heat was most definitely on at that point or whether it formed part of his pre-planning.
But the whole purpose/objective was to take pleasure in his foray.
So, I think he would have wanted more than a few days pleasure and certainly more than a few hours pleasure.
I am thinking he immediately headed out of town with his prize, having incapacitated her and he took her somewhere remote. (its still a possibility that the taped conversation was a mere brag.. that he didn't wholly trust his confidante- he subsequently threatened confidante, did he not?
I feel his plan was for prolonged pleasure... sex and death.. metal.. etc.
Maybe she was alive for several days.. maybe an abandoned building in the countryside.. thanks- your writing opened up the country roads and the crops and the barns and invariable abandoned buildings..
Then again, its also he planned body disposal and had a barrel of lime and acid pre-prepared too..
Thanks.

Please take this with open mind. Using words such as plopped her in a dumpster is a bit harsh to hear. Family and friends could be reading. I'm not aiming this to you only... everyone please try to remember she was someone's friend, daughter and loved one. Post with thought of word ... it is tragic no matter wording however we can choose to word things a bit more gentle when it comes to her personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
good, thoughtful point; I only specifically used that word to imply how quickly/cleanly the disposal could take versus methods others have hypothesized that would require more time, tools, or effort (and in some cases be gruesome!). But point well-taken....

Commercial pickup of dumpsters is allowed on at least Sundays in Champaign. The office park next to my house has pickup on Sunday nights. If the apartment complex is considered commercial vs residential which it probably is, pickup could be on Sunday.

when I researched this a bit earlier it looked like garbage pickup in his neighborhood was on Wed. -- BUT I think he would've taken her farther out to a business or industrial site with less foot traffic and likely a different pickup day. True, a body could create quite a stench, though perhaps less so if packed tightly in a large gym bag -- but unless he buried her 6 feet under or the like, a stench would be created at any dump site (I don't buy that he incinerated or acidified her, nor chopped her in pieces).
I gotta believe at some point police will get the information from him (if they haven't already).

Correct, Wednesday is the collection day for residential pickup. The idea is that on only one day a week, neighborhood streets have garbage trucks running around. However, commercial dumpsters can be picked up on Wednesday AND Sunday. I believe that apartments would be considered commercial sites and not Wednesday only residential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie