UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ethan's life, and death, have definitely touched my heart and soul. He often comes to my mind when I'm doing different things -- but especially when I might think, "I can't be bothered with that right now;" or -- when I"m feeling blue -- or when someone else is feeilng down -- I think about his smile and the joy of a four year old's heart -- and all the things BeanE said -- and summertime and the popsicle truck, and make believe and Donald Duck, and Winnie the Poo and "can I be your friend?," and dandelion wishes that never end.................................

I posted this on the last thread. Powerful image...

esc.jpg

Pat Bagley cartoon in the May 14th Salt Lake City Tribune depicts a father holding tight his son while a newspaper lay on the floor with front page headline of Ethan Stacy.

Daddy's boy

es888.jpg

es555.jpg

es444.jpg

This one makes me laugh through the tears

es333.jpg

I wonder if Nathan ever saw these pictures of Joe and Ethan.

I wonder just how jealous Nathan was of Joe. Nathan claimed his own daughter had been 'kidnapped' from him, by his ex-wife (I thank God his ex-wife had the courage to protect herself and her daughter from Nathan).

I want to know about Nathan's childhood. Where was his father? Was Nathan beaten and battered as a child?

I want to know what created this monster. Did drugs turn him 'Evil'? Or does it go back to childhood? Is it 'Nature', or 'Nurture'?

We know he has a mother and stepfather. We know he has at least one sibling, because it was stated in an early news article that Nathan was the older brother of one of Stephanie's 'school-mates'.

I wonder if Nathan ever saw these pictures of Joe and Ethan.

I wonder just how jealous Nathan was of Joe. Nathan claimed his own daughter had been 'kidnapped' from him, by his ex-wife (I thank God his ex-wife had the courage to protect herself and her daughter from Nathan).

I want to know about Nathan's childhood. Where was his father? Was Nathan beaten and battered as a child?

I want to know what created this monster. Did drugs turn him 'Evil'? Or does it go back to childhood? Is it 'Nature', or 'Nurture'?

We know he has a mother and stepfather. We know he has at least one sibling, because it was stated in an early news article that Nathan was the older brother of one of Stephanie's 'school-mates'.

I don't think NS was jealous of Joe's relationship with Ethan. I think he hated that Ethan was a connection SS would always have to Joe. So he decided to destroy her connection to Joe, so that he could have her all to himself. Judging from all we've heard about how obsessed they were with each other, I can only imagine what NS was thinking while SS was in Florida meeting Joe and picking up Ethan. He probably had himself in a jealous rage before they even got back to Utah.

I don't think NS was jealous of Joe's relationship with Ethan. I think he hated that Ethan was a connection SS would always have to Joe. So he decided to destroy her connection to Joe, so that he could have her all to himself.
I think the fact that Stephanie hated Ethan didn't help matters any. imo

I think the fact that Stephanie hated Ethan didn't help matters any. imo

Yep. He was nothing to her but a prop. She hated him because she knew he was loved and cherished and happy with Joe. And as she indicated on that wedding page, children are replaceable.

Oh my gosh -- those pictures..........enough to make my soul cry out..........

Yes, they do -- and it at once gladdens and saddens me -- to know he was dearly cherished -- and then, had to face a nightmare beyond nightmares

Does anyone know, was Ethan put on a plane by himself to travel to his mother's for the summer? All I've read is that he was put on a plane.

Does anyone know, was Ethan put on a plane by himself to travel to his mother's for the summer? All I've read is that he was put on a plane.

It was reported he flew back with SS.

Falling asleep eating a poptart lol:

es1111.jpg

es2222.jpg

es3333.jpg

His first snowcone:

es4444.jpg

I love this photo:

es5555.jpg

es1111.jpg

es2222.jpg

es3333.jpg

His first snowcone:

es4444.jpg

I love this photo:

es5555.jpg

What beautiful pictures of Ethan. The pop tart is my favorite! I can relate to that one.I used to take a pop tart with me to snack on before I would fall asleep and wake up with crumbs all over the place.

I am struck that even when he's gone Ethan is more real than these two poi's ever were or will be. They are, somehow, not real, lacking something essential to being real.

I am struck that even when he's gone Ethan is more real than these two poi's ever were or will be. They are, somehow, not real, lacking something essential to being real.

Because they're inhuman.

es1111.jpg

es2222.jpg

es3333.jpg

His first snowcone:

es4444.jpg

I love this photo:

es5555.jpg

the 4wheeler ones tore me up. I have a picture of my son at 3 and his daddy sitting on my computer desk on their 4 wheeler. Can't quit crying now. Ethan's life was too short and his daddy loved him so much.

I know what you mean Scuterputer. The pop tart one reminds me of my son a couple of years ago when he fell asleep eating. Pictures showing how normal, sweet and HUMAN Ethan was (unlike SS and NS) get to me, make me think of my kids.

The love this father and son shared for one another is so obviously strong.
The pride shows in Joe's face, in each and every photo. I have yet to see a picture of them where Joe seemed indifferent, or even distracted. He is fully engaged with Ethan every time. What a great father, and what a lucky little boy Ethan was to have him for a daddy.

These pictures make what the two monsters did even more heartbreaking.

How could they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member