Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so you know....
He sent her a letter from jail also. In that letter he proclaimed his innocence, even though the letter was dated after he must have confessed. She didn't get the letter until a couple of days ago. In that letter he stated "I can't believe what I am reading that you told the police, after all we have been through. After this is all said and done, we shall never speak of this again. I forgive you". This guy is a perpetual liar, even to those he was closest to.

Just so you know....
He sent her a letter from jail also. In that letter he proclaimed his innocence, even though the letter was dated after he must have confessed. She didn't get the letter until a couple of days ago. In that letter he stated "I can't believe what I am reading that you told the police, after all we have been through. After this is all said and done, we shall never speak of this again. I forgive you". This guy is a perpetual liar, even to those he was closest to.
Gary, it took a great deal of fortitude & courage for you to post the past few weeks.

Sometimes truth is like the sunlight going into a prism. The refraction takes it in different places, shows different colors. Deep thanks to you for showing us your light. It must be agony to show how yours was deflected.

May God keep you & your family safe & strong in the time ahead.

We are all mortified by what has happened here. Everyone here has a bleeding heart for the victims families. Our heart truly bleeds for them all. Brandon has deceived us all. IMO he is just a "bad seed". He had a large family, both adopted and biological that loved him and treated him so. His adoptive family, to my knowledge, was not abusive to him. He was involved in a lot of lives that trusted him, even though he didn't deserve such trust.

Without her help, he wouldn't be where he is and Mickey might never have been found. She did the right thing and thank you for letting us know and not worry he had an accomplice. That's good to know. Question, and if too personal, don't answer. Does BSL and his half sister have the same Father? Just curious. Thanks again, praying for your family.

Without her help, he wouldn't be where he is and Mickey might never have been found. She did the right thing and thank you for letting us know and not worry he had an accomplice. That's good to know. Question, and if too personal, don't answer. Does BSL and his half sister have the same Father? Just curious. Thanks again, praying for your family.

His two half sisters have the same mother, different fathers. BSL's bio father was a prominent business man that was married and had an affair with BSL's mother. When he found out she was pregnant, he dumped her. She chose adoption instead of abortion.

Forgive me if these things have been addressed, but I just can't keep up with all of the information:

1. Still can't help but wonder how he dumped his vehicle and got back to his sister's house in TX... anyone have any concrete info on this?
2. Evidentiary hearings are usually used when the defendant will not be available down the road; since there is a strong feeling BSL was involved in other possible abductions/murders, ie: TX abductions, would this be why they rushed this thru?

JMO: As he walked to the courthouse, I saw a bully with plenty of attitude... his psyche saying, they deserved it because they hurt me in some way... he is to me from day one.... a disgusting human being...

I think of that beautiful fighting angel and it tears me apart. She had so much life to give and it was stolen from her. Was she put here on this Earth to bring justice to Lisa and maybe many others? She is a hero in my eyes and I will always have her imagine emblazoned in my mind as someone to believe in, have faith in and pray to to give me strength at times that I just don't know if I can go on....

Okay... I'm done ... just wanted more thoughts....

RE: Evidentiary hearings are usually used when the defendant will not be available down the road; since there is a strong feeling BSL was involved in other possible abductions/murders, ie: TX abductions, would this be why they rushed this thru?

'Redcrow, the prosecution strategy used in BSL's case has been around since the prosecution of the Green River Serial Killer: Gary Ridgeway, almost a decade ago & seems to be the trend over the past few years.

Yesterday, 02:16 AM
Foxfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbielynn
Has anyone heard of any legal precedence for this? Do we have a lawyer or PA on here? I suppose if he did this, it would circumvent any appeals? Hopefully...

#1177 Foxfire
Not a lawyer, but have researched missing/murdered investigations & prosecution strategies for years. The strategy that is indicated in serial killer BS Lavergne's prosecution is the Green River/Kings Co., WA, strategy used almost a decade ago.

* "Assistant District Attorney Keith Stutes is taking a no-holds-barred approach, .... Imo, the strategy being used to prosecute BS Lavergne, is straight from the playbook of the Gary Ridgeway prosecution(Kings county,WA)"
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8271556"]New Developments and General Discussion, 08/10/2012 - Page 48 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

A possible preview of tomorrow's evidentiary hearing, imo..
Gary Leon Ridgway (born February 18, 1949) is an American serial killer known as the Green River Killer, convicted of 48 separate murders and confessed to nearly double that number.

As part of a plea bargain wherein he agreed to disclose the whereabouts of still-missing women, he was spared the death penalty and received a sentence of Life imprisonment without parole.

" King County Prosecuting Attorney Norm Maleng explained his decision to make the deal:
“ We could have gone forward with seven counts, but that is all we could have ever hoped to solve. At the end of that trial, whatever the outcome, there would have been lingering doubts about the rest of these crimes.

This agreement was the avenue to the truth. And in the end, the search for the truth is still why we have a criminal justice system ... Gary Ridgway does not deserve our mercy. He does not deserve to live.

* The mercy provided by today's resolution is directed not at Ridgway, but toward the families who have suffered so much .

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THrOcsxxsCg&feature=player_embedded"]Gary Ridgway 5/5 - YouTube[/ame]

I've read pretty much every post on this thread and have not seen anything about the friend he called in NOLA. Is he not considered an accomplice even though he supposedly knew what happened and helped BSL out?

Where have we heard that he knew what happened and helped BSL out? Maybe I missed this info?

I would like to clear a few things up about what happened in Texas.
First and foremost, no one knew anything about murder, kidnapping, or Mickey, or Lisa.
The story that was told to his bio 1/2 sister was that someone borrowed his truck, then used it in some sort of gun running scheme in which there were witnesses. His story was that he was afraid, since he was a felon, that he would be charged with being involved, of course he said he didn't have anything to do with it, but he had to get rid of the truck to keep from going back to prison. He asked her to come and pick him up from the area where his truck was burned. He went back to her house and spent the night, then the next morning reported the truck stolen.
The day BSL went back to work, LE was on her doorstep asking questions. When they told her what was suspected, she was mortified, along with all of us. She cooperated with them 100%. She allowed her home to be searched, turned over pictures he had sent her of the truck burning, turned over pictures he sent her of his wounds, an told them everything he did and said. She was listed on the discovery documents by initials. Her statements were key to the Grand Jury in returning the indictment.
BSL's stories were all about his innocence to everything, including his stay in prison. He was framed for having consensual sex. She believed everything he said. Gullible, yes. Complicit, no way!
She also gave him a ride to the car rental agency, where he rented a car.
LE knows everything he did, according to them. They said they had been tracking his every move for weeks. I'll leave that to you to decide if they were lying to her when they said that, but they told her a few things that haven't been disclosed that leads me to believe them....
In the future, I would appreciate it if you would discontinue trying to find her home address. I really would not prefer having Nancy Grace on her front doorstep with TV camera's.

Thx so much for the information. That clears so much up for me.

I have been wondering for awhile about pepper spray and whether some people are immune. Doing some checking on the web just now, I find lots of anecdotal evidence that some people are. That bothers me, knowing that pepper spray seems to have become the #1 self-defense weapon of women in America. To me, that's like carrying a revolver with an empty chamber.

What triggered these thoughts is my own experience with chile pequin peppers. We've been growing them in my mom's family for over 100 years, since the originals were brought from Mexico by my great-grandfather. We use them to spice up things like white beans, and make hot sauce out of them. My mom's family will throw six of them in a big pot of white beans, and then try to keep track of the free-floating peppers, and warn guests to be careful that there may be a pepper in their food.

I always laugh and say, "why don't y'all put them in a tea ball?" But my mom's family are stubborn like mules (so is my dad's - go figure) and so at family gatherings I call it "B******* Bingo" (B****** being her maiden name). You hear someone suddenly start hollering, and I announce really loud, "well now there's FIVE peppers left in the pot."

Those things are HOT. One time my Paw Paw ran out of crab boil for a big party and so he decided to throw a bunch of peppers in the pot - and then had to throw all the crabs out!!!

When I pick them I have to THOROUGHLY wash my hands. When one handles them at all, one has to THOROUGHLY wash, and under no circumstances touch one's face, eyes, or anything else, due to the resulting pain.

One time I brought some to a friend's house and his son had some young friends over. One kid bragged how he could eat any pepper, and to bring him the bag. I tried to reason with him but he wouldn't listen and chewed up one-half a pepper - then started almost crying and scrubbing his tongue, and was in intense pain for 30 minutes and couldn't even eat his dinner.

All this is to set up that yes, pepper spray works. But now explain to me my one cousin who can throw them in her mouth and eat them like jellybeans. Explain the Mexican cousin who laughed at us when we told him to be careful, and ate 12 in a row without even breaking a sweat.

I have to conclude that some people are immune. I don't know what percentage, and I don't know the mechanism, but I know that this is true.

It makes me wonder what percentage we're dealing with, and whether pepper-spray manufacturers can study this and somehow alter the formula to defeat the immunity. A revolver with an empty chamber can put one in a lot of danger. I'm not saying that BSL is immune, but I wonder about degrees of immunity. If she got him good, especially while driving, why didn't he crash and/or have to pull over? No way to know. But this makes me wonder if there's anything more effective.

exactly why i do not mess with pepper spray. i've heard it can blow in your face. i've heard it can not be effective, etc. so i just think you should get a gun and be will trained with it. although unfortunately laws will restrict where law-abiding citizens can have them to protect themselves, but obviously not convicted felons like BSL

Just want to reiterate some dates from my earlier post today, adding an extra date - in hopes that this will help piece together some parts of the puzzle for other possible victims/missing person cases that could be connected to "BS" Lavergne, including Ali Lowitzer:

February 25th, 2000 - BSL incarcerated

August 9th, 2008 - BSL released from prison

February 10th, 2010 - BSL released from parole supervision

Monday, April 26th 2010 - Alexandria “Ali” Joy Lowitzer goes missing in Spring, Texas.

Unsure of the exact date, but BSL has a house fire - can anyone fill in the blanks?

July, 2010 - BSL bought property and mobile home in Bayou Ridge subdivision, St. Landry Parish

:scale::star::websleuther:

I would like to clear a few things up about what happened in Texas.
First and foremost, no one knew anything about murder, kidnapping, or Mickey, or Lisa.
The story that was told to his bio 1/2 sister was that someone borrowed his truck, then used it in some sort of gun running scheme in which there were witnesses. His story was that he was afraid, since he was a felon, that he would be charged with being involved, of course he said he didn't have anything to do with it, but he had to get rid of the truck to keep from going back to prison. He asked her to come and pick him up from the area where his truck was burned. He went back to her house and spent the night, then the next morning reported the truck stolen.
The day BSL went back to work, LE was on her doorstep asking questions. When they told her what was suspected, she was mortified, along with all of us. She cooperated with them 100%. She allowed her home to be searched, turned over pictures he had sent her of the truck burning, turned over pictures he sent her of his wounds, an told them everything he did and said. She was listed on the discovery documents by initials. Her statements were key to the Grand Jury in returning the indictment.
BSL's stories were all about his innocence to everything, including his stay in prison. He was framed for having consensual sex. She believed everything he said. Gullible, yes. Complicit, no way!
She also gave him a ride to the car rental agency, where he rented a car.
LE knows everything he did, according to them. They said they had been tracking his every move for weeks. I'll leave that to you to decide if they were lying to her when they said that, but they told her a few things that haven't been disclosed that leads me to believe them....
In the future, I would appreciate it if you would discontinue trying to find her home address. I really would not prefer having Nancy Grace on her front doorstep with TV camera's.

GarryB, I am so sorry that his 1/2 bio sister got taken into his BS story and unknowingly helped him. Good for her for telling LE all she knows. I am grateful BSL was indicted by that grand jury - so I am very grateful to his 1/2 sister for being the main reason they handed down the indictment. Given what he is capable of, that was pretty brave of her.

Do you know if Brandon was visiting his sister in Texas on or around April 26, 2010 when Ali Lowitzer went missing?

RIP Mickey. :(

What angers me and also saddens me most is that tiny little Mickey actually stood a chance against a sick twice her size. And he had a knife.

But she didn't stand a chance against his gun against her head. Wasn't BSL already a convicted felon? WTF??? Of course, down here, everybody is packing and I'm sick of hearing that guns don't kill people!!! They damn well DO! Every single day.

Mickey fought back and MAY have escaped but for that gun. I am SEETHING.

I'm going to leave it at that so I don't get a vacation.

Exactly! BSL is a sad specimen as a male who couldn't fight off a real woman and had to use a gun to protect himself against someone who was unarmed. How pathetic is that!?

GarryB, I am so sorry that his 1/2 bio sister got taken into his BS story and unknowingly helped him. Good for her for telling LE all she knows. I am grateful BSL was indicted by that grand jury - so I am very grateful to his 1/2 sister for being the main reason they handed down the indictment. Given what he is capable of, that was pretty brave of her.

Do you know if Brandon was visiting his sister in Texas on or around April 26, 2010 when Ali Lowitzer went missing?

We talked about this, but she doesn't have a clue. Too long ago. She did say that was about a mile from where she lived though...

Also, I'm impressed that LE was at the sister's house the day after the truck burning incident. If he burned his truck way back in May, LE had been on to him almost from the beginning (thank goodness for those LCG cameras & the people that checked them!). LE was silent in this case for SO long that many of us (myself included) figured they had almost nothing to go on & this case would end up like Holly Bobo's or Lauren Spierer's. Thankfully, how wrong we were! We should also commend Lafayette PD & the other LE agencies that worked with them for doing such a bang up job!

Her mom said she never would have got in the truck with him, no matter what. However, it was in a desolate area and her bike was damaged, so I think it's possible he may have originally told her he'd either take her home, or to the hospital. I imagine he put her bike in the back of the truck while telling her this, and when she resisted, or tried calling for help on her cell phone, he then held the gun on her to get her into the truck. Because the area was so desolate, I think she took her chances getting into the truck, thinking she would fight him off, rather than running and risking being fatally shot.

I think whether or not Mickey entered the truck willingly or because she was hurt can be explained by her attempt to call 911. Was she reporting the accident or was she calling for help because she felt threatened!?

We talked about this, but she doesn't have a clue. Too long ago. She did say that was about a mile from where she lived though...

Bolded by me. WOW! That makes me feel it's more likely he's involved with Ali's disappearance. Thanks for that info!

Did he visit his sister frequently?

Also, I'm impressed that LE was at the sister's house the day after the truck burning incident. If he burned his truck way back in May, LE had been on to him almost from the beginning (thank goodness for those LCG cameras & the people that checked them!). LE was silent in this case for SO long that many of us (myself included) figured they had almost nothing to go on & this case would end up like Holly Bobo's or Lauren Spierer's. Thankfully, how wrong we were! We should also commend Lafayette PD & the other LE agencies that worked with them for doing such a bang up job!

Lets not confuse the facts. I said they were at her house the day he went back to work, not the day after the truck burning. Those to occasions are weeks apart. From what I can tell, he took off work for several weeks due to his injuries. IMO the reason for him sending out the photo's of his injuries that Mighty Mick gave him, was for an excuse to stay home and cover his tracks...Like buying another truck, working on getting the RSO status removed from his DL, etc.

Garryb,

When your daughter doubts herself and has bad moments of guillt, there's only one thing she needs to repeat to herself over and over:

Lisa Pate's children and grandmother now know the answers that tormented them for 13 years. She set them free from a horrible purgatory. The thing she did for them was so wonderful and priceless, and no one else could have done it. Her actions were the answer to years of prayers.

And, she saved the lives of future victims.

She is a hero. She deserves a medal. It's not her fault that Brandon put her in that situation. Tell her to give it to God. It's on him, not her.

Just so you know....

Thanks again for sharing this with us - he really is a pathological liar - makes me think he has a split personality - a real Jekyll & Hyde. Do you know if he ever had any clinical diagnosis of mental problems? If so, I'm wondering why this wasn't presented in court, or taken into account. I think he needs treatment, even though it's sadly too late to prevent the murders - at least it would help explain some of his actions and help his family to find some kind of explanation for his heinous crimes. I personally believe there's a very, very thin line between psychiatric conditions and *evil*. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong