Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to change security in schools in some way. I mean what do we got to do, have armed guards at schools, malls, movie theatres, the zoo, etc..

I'm curious how he got in and if there was a security guard present anywhere.

If his mom was a kindergarten teacher than it would have been easy to get in. I am sure they welcomed him with open arms. My DD's kinder teacher used to have her 22 yr old son come and teach soccer sometimes. The kids loved it and I thought it was nice. I am sure nobody imagined her son was going to slaughter them all. :rose:

I have had the staff site pulled up since earlier today but I do not see someone with that last name listed as staff. I don't know if they have pulled things down or if it is outdated or what.

Sandy Hook School and the school district's websites have both been taken down.

I absolutely agree...but I bet as time goes on there will be warning signs found that were missed, conversations ignored. It is no one's fault but this coward...don't get me wrong.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

The strange thing he seems to have lived with his father in NJ and didnt even live with his mom.

Maybe he wanted to move in with her and she told him to grow up and live on his own.

Jmo and speculation.

Only see 1 comment and more than 11,000 shares

each share has a comment attached to it. If you click the shares icon you see the associated comments from each sharer.

Matthew Keys ‏@TheMatthewKeys
RT @passantino: President Obama to make statement on Newtown school shooting at 3:15 pm ET

I have had the staff site pulled up since earlier today but I do not see someone with that last name listed as staff. I don't know if they have pulled things down or if it is outdated or what.

Maybe she is remarried.

IMO

I absolutely agree...but I bet as time goes on there will be warning signs found that were missed, conversations ignored. It is no one's fault but this coward...don't get me wrong.

The problem is, what do you do with these "warning signs" considering that there are many young men showing the same signs but vast majority of them don't commit mass killings.

Every time something like this happens, it changes security. But, things get lax, things happen. It's said that his mother was a teacher here at this school, so if that is the case and his face was known there, he would have gotten in easily. Just sickening!

It scares me because I don't think they lock the front doors of my kids' school during school hours. And even if they do, how do they keep a student (or teacher for that matter) from coming in with a gun? We live in a very small town and it's not like we have metal detectors or anything.

Not to mention that their schools are all connected - elementary, middle, and high schools all in one. Someone could come in and shoot four-year-olds through 18-year-olds. :( OMG it's all just terrifying.

BBC reporting mother "among the victims of school shooting."
BBC Breaking News ‏@BBCBreaking
Gunman Ryan Lanza's mother, a teacher, believed to be among victims of school shooting in #Newtown http://bbc.in/U0CyB4

Remarried? Uses maiden name?

@ kktv11news : Child victims were just 5-10 years old. CBS says they were killed execution-style. 2nd suspect in custody, not clear yet if he was involved.

The strange thing he seems to have lived with his father in NJ and didnt even live with his mom.

Maybe he wanted to move in with her and she told him to grow up and live on his own.

Jmo and speculation.

Do we know what her first name was?

The problem is, what do you do with these "warning signs" considering that there are many young men showing the same signs but vast majority of them don't commit mass killings.

Exactly. I really don't think there is much anyone can do. In most cases, I don't believe anyone would be able to predict this sort of thing.

This is usually how it goes...massive warning signs everywhere and they are missed by society.

Ignore...ignore ...ignore!! THAT is a HUGE problem in our society...!! Until (like today) it is too late...

I'm hearing different reports about his age... nothing confirmed as I've heard...
Heard 20, 23.... anyone hear anything official?

We should be careful, sleuth first and not definitively spread links and pics until we're sure...

Just about everyone now is saying he is 24 years old.

IMO

On NBC they're confirming that his mom was a victim, as were the children in her Kindergarten class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phernandez22