State v Bradley Cooper 3-18-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
He may have put the car in the trunk and then by the time he figured out where he was going to dump it, rigormortis set in, and she was stiff and heavy and he just could not take her too far off the road.

Rigo would have set, bodily fluids would have seeped. Has anyone even looked at a BMW trunk lately? She was 5'10".

Rigo would have set, bodily fluids would have seeped. Has anyone even looked at a BMW trunk lately? She was 5'10".

Rigor Mortis can take up to 6 hours to start and then it starts around the core of the body..not the limbs. For me the pooling of the blood to the lowest part of the body is significant as it occurs within hours of the body being dead and is fixed. The ME said that she was found face down with lividity on her face..to me that says she was placed in that position within a couple hours of her death. JMO

This sticks out to me. I saw that picture of wet clothes hanging over the banister. Do you all think Nancy did that regularly? It would ruin the finish on the wood...not a good idea if you were planning to put the house on the market. Plus, it just seems like something a guy who never really does laundry would do.

My wife hangs her clothes over the banister, the baby gate at the top of the stairs, the glass shower, the side of the tub; basically wherever she can spread them out. She doesn't like to dry much of her clothes (especially tops) and we don't use a clothesline. I can barely find any space to hang my sweaters that need to air-dry.

One last thought before I go to bed. If Brad did it, and it was in a fit of rage, and not planned for days ahead...I don't think the dump site would be on his radar (nor in his gps - I checked mine just after they found her, road wasn't in there). It wouldn't be on his way to work, it wasn't on the way to BJ's, the mall, HT. No one bikes on Holly Springs Rd. And someone training for Ironman wouldn't turn into a subdivision full of dead end culdesacs - they need roads they can cruise on. In other words...unless he and Nancy drove around on weekends looking at new houses (I can't imagine that), it would have been a lucky shot in the dark to actually find this spot, in the dark, and in a hurry.

*respectfully snipped*

Could it be something as simple as BC setting the V-Tech landline phone to 'forward' any calls coming in? All he would have to do is call his home phone and the call would automatically be forwarded to his cell if that was the number he set the 'call forwarding' to. The call would come through because most all cell phones do have the call waiting feature. The call would come through to his cell on the other line.

IOW, he could be calling his home phone number from his cell with his home phone set to call forwarding to his cell number. The incoming call from the landline would come in on cell via call waiting.

****I give up! LOL, it is too late for me to convey my thoughts tonight! I am beginning to sound like the ADA I criticized for the very same thing today!

:eek:fftobed:

In this case the CDR would not show the landline as the originating number.

I have to agree with ncsu here. 20 minutes is not that long to do all those things. That's a lot of driving, most likely the speed limit if not less, taking the body out of the car takes time, etc.

There are also traffic lights on Kildaire Farm Rd, Cary Parkway, Holly Springs Rd, Penny Rd, Lochmere Dr (at intersections of Kildaire and Cary Parkway). Some of them may have been on blink at that time in the morning though.

I had been holding my tongue and enjoying the theories at this point. (Watching the evidence and all that) However...

A) If he did it, we don't have a first degree murder, we have a second degree.
B) If he didn't, here's a plausible SODDI defense that I as a juror would buy (barring my conditions after this line)...Random Van/Neighbor/Affair person snatches her. She DID plan on a short run because she just didn't want to be in the f-ing house with her jerk husband and she needed ten minutes or thirty minutes to clear her head. Here's why I think this could be plausible.
1) Her clothes would still be in the vehicle when the death occurred. (mid assault attempt)
2) Her body is too close to the road in such a random spot. If Brad is a planning socio-path (which he could be) this was a really stupid choice for a body dump. 250 yards deeper and she's gone for many months. (I guess unless he wanted her to be found)
3) The naked body dump is weird for me. Where are the fluids that would have had to have come from the drive over? You are bending a 5'10 woman into a bmw trunk and that is not an easy feat, clean garage or not, rigor set-in or not.

Here's what I would need (based on the overall testimony I have seen, and I did not see all of the UC testimony, but I caught some of it to convict Brad Cooper of Nancy Cooper at this point in this version of the trial:

1) DNA of his under her nails.
2) Bio-waste (trashbags full of cleaning rags/towels/etc that had vomit, fluid, etc.) that he did not have time to dispose of between 7 and 3 on that Saturday.
3) Google Map search pin pointing the dump site
4) Suspicious AND pointed emails/internet searches showing pre-meditation.

Also, having had the pleasure at one point of being married to a CISCO employee, and having had one of their phones sitting in my house for several years...they keep more information than they lose. So, Cisco having a record of the call log would point me back to a conviction. My ex-wife was able to use her Cisco phone as if it were her office phone from the living room. However, I believe I have heard a comment that if the records and data were ever dumped, they could tell when she was using it from home and using it from her office. Now, they are completely capable of faking calls, but not of removing that data. Also, the LUDS on all of these lines (or CDR) would have suspicious activity on them if any of the 2008 softwares for spoofing were used. That is to say, there would be a 'missing' link to the puzzle. One side of the set-up would be missing a dialed out or incoming call because it was not real.

The prosecution screwed up today (I think) with Cummings hitting up the ME on re-direct and forcing the "complete void" of food from the stomach.

So, unless my sneaking suspicion that Cummings might be playing dumb for reason (He got an awful lot of stuff repeated seemingly by accident) there were some major holes punched in their presented theory. BUT, he is the FIRST Assistant District Attorney and you don't get there by being a bad attorney, so he might be setting up something.

Last note: Kurtz and Company are not making the judge happy (at all). The two days I have popped in, including some Dismukes testimony, there has been a whole lot of Kurtz essentially pissing the judge off by playing sidelines with evidence admission and crossing on items not entered or testified to.

The ME also shot holes in using the time line for strangulation under what would probably meet a premeditated murder requirement.

*respectfully snipped*

Could it be something as simple as BC setting the V-Tech landline phone to 'forward' any calls coming in? All he would have to do is call his home phone and the call would automatically be forwarded to his cell if that was the number he set the 'call forwarding' to. The call would come through because most all cell phones do have the call waiting feature. The call would come through to his cell on the other line.

IOW, he could be calling his home phone number from his cell with his home phone set to call forwarding to his cell number. The incoming call from the landline would come in on cell via call waiting.

****I give up! LOL, it is too late for me to convey my thoughts tonight! I am beginning to sound like the ADA I criticized for the very same thing today!

Then his cell phone records would show two calls in progress at the same time.

CURIOUS DAD, you don't think that the dump site of Nancy's body would be on Brad's radar? Well, it's been said that Brad and Nancy looked at Toll Bros. home and homesites. That's what the homes were where she was dumped. Of course, they had other TB sites, but they may have looked at construction there.

Even so, BC would be aware of Holly Springs Rd. which is the road that lead to the dump site.

And, just because BC was known to shop at the HT does not have anything to do with him trying to be a "good dad". No doubt he bought lots of Naked Juice, for a fact, maybe even his wine or beer, who knows what.

I shop there too, because it's convenient, but much prefer the newer one on Tryon Road, which is the same distance to Lochmere as the one on Kildaire from our home areas.

Shopping for groceries is a necessity. It doesn't make someone a great dad, in my mind.

If my memory serves me correctly, it has broccoli, spinach, banana, kiwi and wheat grass, spirulina and other algae. (I feel like it had garlic on the ingredients which freaked me out but that might be the other brand).

It is really good--kind of thick and sweet. I'd never guess that it had broccoli or spinach in it.

I am a man of few words.... GROSS!

I can't believe a kid would drink this stuff. It sounds like it should be in a black bottle so you don't have to look at it when you drink it! :sick: :yuck: :puke:

Maybe he put her in the trunk and then came back in side for a while to think about what the Hell he was going to do with her.. That way he only had to lift her out when he got to the dump site and just drag her. He looks like a pretty strong guy.

Have you ever picked up a dead or unconsious body? Ever hear the term Dead Weight? Bodies are heavy and don't come with wheels or handles. Especially hard to lift UP to clear the trunk lid. Rigor would probably make it a little easier, otherwise they tend to bend in strange ways. No, never killed anyone myself, but used to be a volunteer on a rescue squad and have picked up unconsious folks. Once a non-overweight 13 year old VERY unconsious and sweaty (Exceptionally drunk BAL .245) I was only getting the top half while someone else got the legs, but part way up to the stretcher her shoulders folded inward and she fell to the floor.

*respectfully snipped*

Nope, it is easy.

VOIP set to dial the home number at X+ Yminutes.
Landline Phone Set to Call Forward to the Cell
Remember the ring to "find the phone"? When you set call forwarding from a phone, it calls the number you are forwarding it to.
VOIP system makes the call as programmed, hits landline and is forwarded to cell.

Now, the key is: are their phone company records of this stuff if all the calls are local??

I watched the ME testify, and I have read books about the research conducted at "The Body Farm" in Knoxville. This might not be the provence of the ME, but hopefully they have some expert testimony coming up later.

1. I might be off by a factor of 50%, but at one point the ME only had TOD to +- 12 hours. No one asked about the impact the heat would have on decomposition or presence of alcohol on the body.

2. I know body heat is useless at the point she was found, but the insect waves are pretty hard science, and while the ME made several references to insect activity and larve, there were no specifics on what kind of insects, which CAN nail TOD down to a period of a couple of hours, even if the body is in a house the whole time.

Okay - tell me this - why would Ironman Brad dump the body right next to the road, where it would obviously be discover in a couple of days, lessening the chance of cause of death being harder to determine. He could have taken 30 seconds more and humped it into the woods where it could have remained for months undiscovered. Methinks a person of smaller statue dumped the body - barely got it out of the vehicle, dragged it a few feet and that was it. The ditch is not steep at all. The drainage basin is something developer put in when the roads cut - maybe 15' off the pavement.

#2: If he choked her with his arm, it would have been gouged by a fit woman fighting for her life.

#3: No way to make all those stops without speeding in 20 mins. I live near there. And it takes me 20 minutes to find what I want in the big ole HT store. He must have gone there often, or Nancy told him what isle to go to.

Or why not dump her in the drainage basin? I've always been confused about why the murderer put her there as well.

IMO, Brad was not trying to do laundry, go to HT, or anything else to "please" Nancy or make her happy. He knew that would not be possible, since he had decided not to give her the $300 this particular week. Two trips to HT but none to an ATM would not appease her.

IMO, Brad was not trying to do laundry, go to HT, or anything else to "please" Nancy or make her happy. He knew that would not be possible, since he had decided not to give her the $300 this particular week. Two trips to HT but none to an ATM would not appease her.

And, it's obvious (but irrelevant I guess) the juice was for himself, not the kids. Could have been for NC, easily, but he said it was for the kids. My son drinks a spinach shake every day (but he doesn't know it!) but it doesn't look like the Naked Juice - he'd run from it as any kid in their right mind would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam