OR OR - Brian Page, 16, Salem, 12 Jan 1975

SMP,
I cannot imagine the heartbreak your dear family has gone through. My prayers are with you all tonight.
I think the car into the water theory might just be the answer. I've posted this in another forum, but for your benefit, I'll repeat.
My cousin's husband accidentally drove off a boat ramp while lost in the middle of the night and drowned. The ONLY reason he was found is that a woman was letting her dogs out nearby and heard the splash. He was totally and completely lost, and the boat ramp looks for all the world like a two-lane country road.
My son-in-law's father fishes every Thursday in the St. Joseph River for decades. He has launched his boat in exactly the same spot hundreds if not thousands of times. Several years ago, the police recovered a long-submerged car and driver- from directly under John's launch spot.
I for one would like to see a volunteer effort among the country's fishermen to explore with sonar every single body of water in our country for missing cars and people.
Not sure if this helps, just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and praying for you today.

Hi smp, and welcome. I'm sorry your brother has been missing all these years.

I hope they're wrong, but the psychic description sounds plausible. A few years back, they pulled a car out of a stream not far from here -- you would have sworn that if you drove a car in, water wouldn't even reach the windows. But it had been there about 20 feet upstream from a canoe put-in for several years. The bottom is muddy, so the car sank into the muck and disappeared. (There was supposed to be a body in the trunk, but all they found was a painter's dropcloth.)

A Beetle of that vintage is quite a small car; if it sinks into the mud like that, it wouldn't take much water to keep the rest of it completely covered.

I'm so sorry you haven't been able to get cooperation from law enforcement. It does seem that the water theory is very plausible. It doesn't seem likely that your brother's friend would have done something to him, then had the presence of mind to dispose of his car, then manage to get to a car dealer to take another one. Have you been in touch with David or his family? Is it possible that David has experienced any 'flashbacks' that might have jarred his memory of that night? I hope your family is finally able to get your questions answered.

It does seem that the water theory is very plausible. It doesn't seem likely that your brother's friend would have done something to him, then had the presence of mind to dispose of his car, then manage to get to a car dealer to take another one.
snipped by me

I wonder how plausible it would be for someone on LSD to maybe be freaking out and his friend be trying to help him and while IN the car something happened. David being delusional and thinking he was in HELL could have been fighting with Brian and caused an accident; causeing the car to drive into a lake or something. Brian could have been knocked out and David got out, whereupon he went on his stolen car ride. Not sure how this could happen without some "flashbacks" on David's part though.

BUt I must be honest I really don't know all that much about LSD except what I have read and seen on TV. I do know I have read that when it was being used experimentally on high level scientists it caused some pretty bad trips and terrible "flashbacks".

Could this have happened this way? I just have a hard time seeing him disappearing without David knowing something. Not the way it was left.

Could this have happened this way? I just have a hard time seeing him disappearing without David knowing something. Not the way it was left.

That's a mystery to me as well. I just can't see David not involved in this either directly or indirectly. However, I don't know enough about the effects of LSD to assess the relationship between David and Brian from the time of the party, to Brian's disappearance, to David being picked up with the stolen car.

There a major piece of the puzzle missing in this case, if not several pieces between Brian and David leaving the party to David being picked up in the stolen car. I wonder what specific questions the original investigating officer had who stopped David in that stolen car, and what was his response to those questions?

We would than need to know if and how much his statements changed over time after the effects of the drug had worn off. Any witness at the party? Or observation of both friends during that mysterious time frame by witnesses?

I wonder if someone really knows what happened to Brian and might be covering up that information for fear of shame and embarrassment of not coming forward? Maybe if they were granted immunity, the person or person(s) involved might be able to set the record straight. If David does know something, he might be so devastated after all this time that he still does not want to get involved. However, Brian's family needs peace and some closure to find out what happened that night and early morning.

I think that David may very well be holding those missing puzzle pieces in this case. This is so sad.

Satch

It's a very sad situation.

I will say, though, that depending on what sort of trip they were having, it is entirely possible that David remembers nothing, or at any rate nothing useful. I had a friend who got run in by the cops for running naked down the street while on LSD, and he will swear to this day that he was kidnapped by aliens in blue space suits. And no, he's not just trying to be funny.

SMP, I'm so sorry that your family has lived with this heartbreak for so many years. I pray for closure for you. Brian's case has bothered me for several years, now. What bothers me most is the flippant attitude from the police agencies- I'm disappointed in the female investigator who insisted that she was confident between the two agencies, that a sufficient investigation was done...yet she didn't even know if any of Brian's family was still in the area or how to contact them. It doesn't appear to me that much was ever investigated. I'm assuming that the female caller in 1995 was David's sister. Has anyone in your family ever spoken with David or his sister in later years to see if they recall anything else, or if their stories have changed?

Be careful!!!! My Web Of Trust (My WOT), which provides color safety ratings for websites says this site is DANGEROUS. (Rated RED)

Here is the WOT scorecard:

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/porchlightforthemissinganduid.tripod.com

Satch

Yikes. Sorry, I usually don't care for the 'tripod' addresses, either. I just posted one of the links for his article from one of the 'missing' sites (it was unfortunately using tripod.) He's with the San Bernadino Sheriff's Office. Here's a better link for his same article off of 'Peace for the Missing.';
http://peace4missing.ning.com/forum/topics/what-every-family-must-know-a

Thank you all for your support and kind comments. At this late date, our family has lost contact with David and his family. All I can hope is that my brother is at peace.

Brian Joseph Page, 16, Missing since January 12, 1975 from Salem, OR

Brian Joseph Page
Missing since January 12, 1975 from Salem, Marion County, Oregon.
Classification: Lost, Injured, Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: March 15, 1958
Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6" (168 cm); 140 lbs (64 kg)
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown eyes; light brown hair.
Marks, Scars: He has an old scar on the left arm from an iron burn.
Vehicle: A 1962 turquoise Volkswagen Bug with Oregon plates 7P3626
Nickname: Joe

Circumstances of Disappearance

Page was last seen leaving a party in Salem, OR with a friend on January 12, 1975.
Page's car, a 1962 turquoise Volkswagen Bug with Oregon plates 7P3626, was never recovered.

Investigators
If you have any information on Page's whereabouts, please contact:

Portland Police Department
503-823-0400

Email: police@teleport.com

All information can be submitted anonymously.

NCMEC #: NCMC866734

Agency Case Number: 95-114055

NCIC Number: M-882827008

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
Oregon State Police Missing Children Clearinghouse
The Doe Network: Case File 4DMOR

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4dmor.html

Ted Bundy - A Possible Suspect?

Back in 1975, and earlier years, the Volkswagon bug accounted for about 75 percent of the foreign cars in the United States. There were a lot of them, but they were not considered to be the most desirable car to most car thieves - especially not a VW bug that was 13 years old.

That said, there was one serial killer who was very active in the western states at that time who had a particular love for the VW bug - and that was Ted Bundy. He was known to have owned, driven, borrowed, and stolen several VW bugs around that time.

Although most of his victims were girls and young women, I would still consider him to be a potential suspect in this case. He was in the area and very active, and he enjoyed killing and stealing Volkswagons.

That's a mystery to me as well. I just can't see David not involved in this either directly or indirectly. However, I don't know enough about the effects of LSD to assess the relationship between David and Brian from the time of the party, to Brian's disappearance, to David being picked up with the stolen car.

There a major piece of the puzzle missing in this case, if not several pieces between Brian and David leaving the party to David being picked up in the stolen car. I wonder what specific questions the original investigating officer had who stopped David in that stolen car, and what was his response to those questions?

We would than need to know if and how much his statements changed over time after the effects of the drug had worn off. Any witness at the party? Or observation of both friends during that mysterious time frame by witnesses?

I wonder if someone really knows what happened to Brian and might be covering up that information for fear of shame and embarrassment of not coming forward? Maybe if they were granted immunity, the person or person(s) involved might be able to set the record straight. If David does know something, he might be so devastated after all this time that he still does not want to get involved. However, Brian's family needs peace and some closure to find out what happened that night and early morning.

I think that David may very well be holding those missing puzzle pieces in this case. This is so sad.

Satch

The above remain my thoughts on the case. There was another poster who thought with both Brian and David high on LSD that night, that they could have been fighting with each other and the car could have skidded off the road into the lake, tragically with Brian in it.

It would seem that we would need more information about the boy's sequence of events after they left the party. It is possible that David may have caused an accident, but was so "out of it" from the LSD that he really has no recollection of what happened to Brian, OR he's not telling the truth about what happened to Brian and knows the truth.

Was the lake ever searched for evidence?

Satch

I wonder how plausible it would be for someone on LSD to maybe be freaking out and his friend be trying to help him and while IN the car something happened. David being delusional and thinking he was in HELL could have been fighting with Brian and caused an accident; causeing the car to drive into a lake or something. Brian could have been knocked out and David got out, whereupon he went on his stolen car ride. Not sure how this could happen without some "flashbacks" on David's part though.

I don't think that's very plausible, Detroit Lake is a good 50 miles from Salem, LSD doesn't make you walk that fast. I personally think that if he is in Detroit Lake, it's because he may have been driving alone to sober up.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he did wreck if he was on that road on LSD. I had a really nasty accident over there and I was stone cold sober.

I hope they find him though, 37-years is an awful long time to be gone.

Down in South Carolina, a serial killer by the name of Donald "Pee Wee" Gaskins claimed to have killed 3 teens, 2 girls and a guy from Oregon in 1975.

http://www.francesfarmersrevenge.com/stuff/serialkillers/gaskins.htm
"Writing from prison, Gaskins called 1975 “my busiest year and my killingest year.” His pace of random murders on the Carolina coast remained “about the same,” although he started January with a threesome, including a man and two women. Gaskins described them as “hippie types” from Oregon, whose van had broken down near Georgetown. He offered a lift to the nearest garage, then detoured to a nearby swamp and handcuffed his captives at gunpoint. Before he drowned the trio, Gaskins said, “It was hard to say which one suffered most. I tried to make it equal.”

It would be a stretch to think Joe Paige & a couple of girls wound up in SC, but who knows.
I don't know if the bodies of the trio Gaskins claimed to have killed were ever recovered.

Hello Justthinkin, Glad to read your post, its been a while since we last talked.
I don't think it would be a stretch to think they drove down to see the car races..
I think this young man looks a lot like the John Doe Shot in S.C in 1976 with his Female friend and has never been identified.
Take a second look at this couple photo's and tell me if the 2 males don't look simular?
Wasn't there a ring with a 'J' initial found on the young man in S.C.?

My question is: What happened to the friend/girl Joe left the party with??

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back