Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#14

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the guilty verdict is upheld I could see Sollecito spilling the beans out of anger. A third appeal would be hopeless.

I don't know about that. I believe he will try to ride her coattails till the very, very end, until there is absolutely no other chance for appeal anywhere. For that he will have to remain silent.

I don't know about that. I believe he will try to ride her coattails till the very, very end, until there is absolutely no other chance for appeal anywhere. For that he will have to remain silent.

In for a penny..in for a pound;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously it won't alter anything but maybe out of anger to damage Knox.

Eventually, at the very very end, I believe he might turn out of anger at Amanda. Until then, he is going to use her to his advantage. Just like with Kelsey- keeping his options open, he kept Kelsey Option open until the very end, then when he no longer needed her, he ended it. I see a pattern........

Amanda is not responsible for the imprisonment of Lumumba. The (not very bright) flying squad cops and Mignini are responsible.

They interrogated Amanda, abused her to the point of emotional breakdown (it's in their own testimony) and then used the resulting dreamlike and nonsensical statement to arrest him. Idiotic decision for which they escaped any consequences.

Generally is seems like the American public leans towards the two being innocent.

Does anyone know or have a sense about out Italians feel about this case?

I don't think Raffaele will sell Amanda out no matter what happens. He could have done so long back if he were going to, especially when the romance ended.

Sollecito's lawyers have already tried to distance their client from Knox during this appeal, but it is probably too little, too late.

It's hard to believe that we are literally on the eve of the verdict.

I know court is in session beginning 9am Florence time, and that the defense will be allowed one hour to wrap up their summation. (It will be 3 - 4 am in greater New York City, where I am).

I wonder how long they will deliberate, or when they will announce (must get media prepped , etc.)
I am expecting about 10 hours of deliberations but could be a bit shorter since this is an appeal. Will just have to wait and see I guess :)

Sollecito's lawyers have already tried to distance their client from Knox during this appeal, but it is probably too little, too late.

Nonsense. Bongiorno spent considerable time defending Amanda and explaining the internalized false confession phenomenon.

I think it is very sad that Amanda accused Patrick. It is sad that he lost so much because of this. What I don't understand at all is how authorities can jail him for two weeks simply based on her word. Also, there is a conversation between Amanda and her mom where Amanda admits Patrick ' s innocence...why didn't they release him then? I just don't get this at all. Why isn't Patrick also legally fighting the authorities?

Nonsense. Bongiorno spent considerable time defending Amanda and explaining the internalized false confession phenomenon.

Bongiorno actually spent considerable time explaining that although Knox voluntarily provided written statements indicating that she had knowledge about the murder, Knox at no time implicated Sollecito. It seemed obvious to me that Sollecito's lawyer was pointing out the differences between evidence against Knox and evidence against her client.

Sounds interesting...but irrelevant. She did not confess

Bongiorno actually spent considerable time explaining that although Knox voluntarily provided written statements indicating that she had knowledge about the murder, Knox at no time implicated Sollecito. It seemed obvious to me that Sollecito's lawyer was pointing out the differences between evidence against Knox and evidence against her client.

I read this too, that Sollecito 's lawyer instead of defending that they were both innocent, she portrayed that her client was innocent.(Paraphrasing). That Sollecito's lawyer was distancing her client's actions from those of Knox.

I think it is very sad that Amanda accused Patrick. It is sad that he lost so much because of this. What I don't understand at all is how authorities can jail him for two weeks simply based on her word. Also, there is a conversation between Amanda and her mom where Amanda admits Patrick ' s innocence...why didn't they release him then? I just don't get this at all. Why isn't Patrick also legally fighting the authorities?

He is. He was offered 8000€ and turned it down. He instead filed a EHRC complaint.

If a young woman is brutally murdered and an eye witness voluntarily goes to the police station to describe, in great detail, the murder and the identify of the murderer, there is not a police officer in the world that will sit back and do nothing. Knox's claim was all the more credible because she seemed to have information about the murder (eg: sexual assault) before the information was made public, and her evidence (eg: scream) was corroborated by independent witnesses.

Lumumba had to be arrested. It was not sufficient for Knox to tell her mom that she lied about Patrick for him to be released. Neither she nor her mother reported that information to police. After the arrest, there had to be independent proof that Patrick was involved, or was not involved. Two weeks after the arrest, Patrick was exonnerated.

I don't see it like this at all.

It's also simply not true that Bongiorno said Amanda provided the confession voluntarily. She argued the opposite.

Bongiorno have been defending Amanda and declaring her innocence along with Raffaele's since the beginning. It didn't change.

What I don't understand at all is how authorities can jail him for two weeks simply based on her word.

Isn't it strange? Either they were very very dumb or they had something against Patrick that had nothing to do with the statement extracted from the girl.

I read this too, that Sollecito ' s lawyer instead of defending that they were both innocent, she portrayed that her client was innocent.(Paraphrasing). That Sollecito's lawyer was distancing her client's actions from those of Knox

Of course, look at the forensic evidence they found against Amanda and then compare with forensic evidence against Raffaele. There is still overwhelming evidence that they were both together, taking circumstantial along with forensic, but I do not know why Raffaele's lawyer didn't try to separate him from the very beginning of the case.

I can only think that they didn't do that based on Raffaele's insistence. Maybe RS thought he better stick with Amanda, or else risk Amanda mid-process revealing his involvement. Then it would be all over for him.

I would think any competent lawyer would have recognized immediately that the best course for him was to separate him from Amanda, since there is more evidence on Amanda.

And I will add that perhaps at the end, Raffaele will file some sort of appeal stating attorney incompetence, or whatever the legal term is.

Of course, look at the forensic evidence they found against Amanda and then compare with forensic evidence against Raffaele. There is still overwhelming evidence that they were both together, taking circumstantial along with forensic, but I do not know why Raffaele's lawyer didn't try to separate him from the very beginning of the case.

I can only think that they didn't do that based on Raffaele's insistence. Maybe RS thought he better stick with Amanda, or else risk Amanda mid-process revealing his involvement. Then it would be all over for him.

I would think any competent lawyer would have recognized immediately that the best course for him was to separate him from Amanda, since there is more evidence on Amanda.

I think he hoped to ride that PR train she had.

Thanks, exactly as I said. Even in this piece based entirely on reporting from extreme pro-guilt commenters it's clear Bongiorno is defending Amanda and proving the statement was not voluntary.

The high-powered defense attorney also said, "If we look at Knox, it's not her sidetracking investigation, but rather investigators sidetracking her."

The top female lawyer in Italy today also criticized interpreter Anna Domino for "altering Knox's statements." She even referred to the interpreter as a "medium" (psychic) and not an interpreter.

I think he hoped to ride that PR train she had.

Whatever he did, I'm sure it was his decision and he advised his lawyers what course he wanted to take.

I would be interested to hear from defense attorneys as to what they would have done if given Raffaele's case. We have heard much from all kinds of experts about Amanda, I have not heard what they say about Raffaele individually.

I think it's obvious that he should have separated from Amanda from the very beginning.

I don't think it has anything to do with Honor.

I think he was scared sh****** that Amanda would end up turning on him (revealing his involvement) if he didn't stick with his story.

Sorry Katody I did not mean to write that as a response to your post:)

I've edited my response.

Bongiorno is defending Amanda. It would be madness for Bongiorno to say that the statement was voluntary. Instead she argued it was a forced internalized false confession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member