TX TX - Kristy Booth, 19, Midland, 2 Feb 1980

To make it a bit easier for you to compare these two cases, click each of the below updated links and move the photos on your screen so that they are side by side. Also note the descriptions, proximity of locations and dates.

------------------------------------------------------
Kristy Lynn Booth
Missing since February 2, 1980 from Midland, Midland County, Texas.
Classification: Endangered Missing ...LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/704dftx.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Unidentified White Female
Found on April 18, 1980, on a bank of the Canadian River near Jones, 20 miles NE of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County, Oklahoma. ...
LINK:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/255ufok.html

It has been five years since I first posted Kristy's case here on Websleuths. It has been about as long since I first contacted LE in Texas and Oklahoma about the possible match of the above two cases. Others have also suggested the same match to authorities and to Doenetwork. Still no word as to a match or a rule out.

Compare the two links side by side and see the similarities.

It has been five years since I first posted Kristy's case here on Websleuths. It has been about as long since I first contacted LE in Texas and Oklahoma about the possible match of the above two cases. Others have also suggested the same match to authorities and to Doenetwork. Still no word as to a match or a rule out.

Compare the two links side by side and see the similarities.

I wonder if a new phone call would help?

It kills me to know about the problems in OK .

I dont know if I have overlooked this or something but I read that Kristy was compared to an person and ruled out based on DNA but I have never seen a link that shows her DNA is on file. I will double check as I have not looked to see if Kristy is listed on Namus.

I still think that this unidentified murder victim could be Kristy. There has never been a definite call one way or the other by LE. The descriptions are very close. The sketch and photos are also very close. And the geographics and time frame are also well within the realm of possibility.

--------------------------------

Unidentified Female
Date of Discovery: April 18, 1980
Location of Discovery: Near Jones, Oklahoma County, Oklahoma
Estimated Date of Death: 1979 to 1980
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Decomposing
Cause of Death: Homicide. The victim was shot three times with a .45-caliber revolver. Physical Description** Listed information is approximate
Estimated Age: 18 - 25 years old
Race: Caucasian
Height: 5'6 to 5'7
Weight: 115-120 lbs
Hair Color: Blonde to light reddish/brown shoulder length hair
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: On the left breast is a red and blue professional appearing tattoo of a heart with a scroll like line going through the heart. The heart measures to 1 cm. Fair complexion with freckles on face and upper torso. Appendectomy scar. No fractures.
Dentals: Available; Extensive dental work done, some teeth out of alignment
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Available (mtDNA and STR) Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: None found
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown Case HistoryFound on the bank of the North Canadian river, east of Jones, Oklahoma. Body completely covered with a white powder substance - lime (a mixture of calcium oxide, calcium carbonate and calcium hydroxide). The victim is believed to have been dressed at the time of the murder as a dime was hit by a bullet and driven into her body.

Investigating Agency(s)

If you have any information about this case please contact;

Agency Name: Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigations
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 405-848-6724 OR 405-427-5421
Agency Name: Agency Office of the Chief Medical Examiner
Agency Contact Person: Sherri Nunziato
Agency Phone Number: 405-239-7141

E-Mail: s_nunziato@ocmeokc.state.ok.us

Agency Case Number: 801364

NCIC Case Number: U172838970

NamUs Case Number: UP #4897

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Information Source(s)

NamUs
The Doe Network: 255UFOK

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/255ufok.html

Human Remains Found in Midland County
By: Christina Dawidowicz
Updated: August 2, 2013
http://permianbasin360.com/fulltext?nxd_id=278532

According to officials, the remains were found by oil field workers on West County Road 160 near Monahans Draw and they say they are still determining the age and sex of those remains.

NamUs only lists two individuals missing from Midland County, TX. Kristy & a 37 yr old black male.

I believe this location is 15-20 miles from where Kristy's car was found. http://goo.gl/maps/McXc1

There are actually five persons listed as missing from Midland County, Per Missing Persons Clearinghouse (MPCH) | Department of Public Safety

Sheriff Painter said the skull appeared to be old in this article. Midland County oilfield worker finds human skull at well lease

June Gilkerson and Kristy Booth both could be possibles, I guess it depends on what is considered "old". JG went missing in 1986, and of course KB in 1980.

At any rate, I hope someone can finally have answers about their loved one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Her NamUs profile she has dentals & DNA. Her cousin came by Aundria Bowman's FB page; said that everyone that was at her table the last nite of her life in 1980 all died within a year of her missing. One was shot, brakes were cut. Somebody wanted nobody to talk

Just came upon this thread & wanted to throw a tidbit of info out there, that I've learned from reading up on other cases, but the UID from OK states a dime was forced into her body by a bullet & what I've learned is when a dime is found on or around a dead body it means that perform was a snitch of some sorts or was going to snitch, hence the saying "dropping a dime".
Not sure if anyone else had heard of this as I had not until about a year ago, so thought I'd share.

35 years now and she's still missing

From Texasgigi's link:

[...]
The 19-year-old was dropped off at a popular disco club on February 2nd, 1980. When her friend, Ron Ferrengburg, went to pick her up, her shoes and coat were inside but Kristy was nowhere to be found.
Two days later, her 1975 AMC Pacer was found on Ranking Highway with 268 extra miles on it.

"Through the years there were suspects developed and there was nothing. Never enough evidence to prosecute or to pursue, arrests made, or anything to that effect," Lt. B.J. Land, who works for Midland Police Department's Investigative Services Bureau, said.

[...]

If you have any information on this case, please call Midland Police Department or Crime Stoppers at [432] 694-TIPS.

I'm somewhat familiar with the Midland area. When I first read the car was abandoned on Rankin Highway I figured, yeah, perfect place to ditch it (with another car there to pick the driver up..once you go south of I-20 it's the middle of nowhere..I-20 runs along the southern edge of Midland-Odessa) and something nefarious had gone on. But then seeing that her male friend is the one who had the car is strange. I wish we were told what his explanation was since he had the car and it was abandoned two days later. Without knowing more it seems like he left the car there. Obviously sounds suspicious. The 268 miles, well in West Texas communities are isolated. To drive to the nearest small city and back would take about that many miles. Perhaps he had an oil field job, which is the main industry in the area. If so it would be easy to put that many hours on it in a day or two if he was driving out to job sites.

effluent, good point about the vast distances someone could travel in one or two days just going to and from a job.

Do we know if Ron Ferrengburg ever explained to LE what he did with the vehicle? Was he the one who abandoned it?

Her NamUs profile she has dentals & DNA. Her cousin came by Aundria Bowman's FB page; said that everyone that was at her table the last nite of her life in 1980 all died within a year of her missing. One was shot, brakes were cut. Somebody wanted nobody to talk

Kristy-Booth-credit-Texas-Dept.-of-Public-Safety.png
Kristy Booth

January 26, 2015
Ferrenberg, who passed away, according to Ancestry.com records, in October 1981, was given a polygraph test on February 15, 1980 and passed.

The case received many tips in the beginning, but after six months the case went cold.

Many rumors and urban legends have been created in the 35 years since her disappearance including one post in a thread on websleuths that stated everyone that was seated at her table on the night of her disappearance, were all dead within a year.

Read More: Midland Woman's Disappearance Comes Up on 35th Anniversary | Midland Woman's Disappearance Comes Up on 35th Anniversary

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus
Back