Atlantic City Eastbound Strangler 4 Women Found Dead behind Motel Egg Harbor Twp, Nov 2006

Cynical_1 that is an extremely interesting point and something that I hadn't really given much thought.

It takes a lot of effort and strength to strangle a person with your hands, and it takes some time. A ligature would make it easier and faster, depending what you used on the victim. If our killer has something that impeded his strength in his hands, like an injury, or weakness due to a neck or back problem, he would need a ligature of some kind.

Cynical_1 that is an extremely interesting point and something that I hadn't really given much thought.

He may have crossed the line from fantasy to reality for the first time and was finding his way, so to speak. If that lady hadn't discovered the body when she had there may have been plenty more bodies in that ditch.

I have a feeling that there very well could have more if the dump site wasn't discovered.

And remember these guys don't stop. Only if something stops them, like jail, they move, they get killed, or they get interested in their own life, like BTK, he got married had a family.

Concerning the whole missing shoes thing. I wonder if any of these ladies might've kept money in the tips of their shoes?

I'm not sure if that's where they kept their money or not but I have heard of people keeping money in their shoes to avoid being robbed. So it could be possible.

New to posting but I have been following these crimes and researching also. What strikes me as unusual is the fact that he takes his time with disposing of these women the victims. Also, it made me think about the areas they are all found may not be easy to get to by vehicle but by foot and possibly without being seen it could be possible. I do not live in any of these areas and have seen them only by images from searches online or through the videos regarding the deaths and crimes (News, Missing Programs, etc). I bring up this point because to me it seems that this person may possibly be "quite proud" of what he has accomplished and done by alluding LE and continuing of murdering more women. Also, the areas that they are put in that even IF they are discovered which he may be somewhat conflicted about wanting to share his "secret" and having pride in all these Murders but not wanting to get caught. Yet, something still draws him to put these victims where it is likely they will be found at some point and that he can still return to bring more "trophies" or return to the area or very close to it to view it and relive his crimes for each life he has taken. It is this type of Narcissistic Characteristics in his Personality that may help to have him make a mistake IF he has not made one already and just doesn't know what or with which victim for evidence left behind. It is not my place to judge these women if they were prostitutes or not. It is not for anyone else to judge how they ended up living their lives to survive. Who knows what horror stories of childhood they had or what drove them to have to do what they did. I've seen first hand the path of young females that are NOT only lured and groomed into that kind of life and it's not only just by the slick street pimps and those that recruit for them. It is often their OWN families (mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends) you name it. They show off all the materialistic things that they may have or get and for a young child/teen struggling and not knowing if they will have a meal that day or no support system of anyone to teach them the rights and wrongs.No person deserves to die at the hands of someone else taking their life before God deems it is their time. Just a random thought I can't remember the case for years ago that I have researched that the SK did a continual thing to throw the LE off. Is it possible that this SK could be doing the same thing with facing them to the East? Also, having no shoes just from working with Missing and Exploited cases often it seems that many pimps, handlers, traffickers also take away the shoes of the victims except when they go are working in order to slow them down in the event they do try to run and escape which depending on from where might be difficult if there is glass, rocks, rough terrain, etc and your barefoot. Any person can only run so far being barefooted until they can't go anymore due to cuts or wounds like blisters on their feet.

As you watch the show "Killing Fields" it is amazing to know that that "Outlaw" biker gang was considered involved in this matter and just overlooked. Lets look at Mansfileds brother Billy as well. He was exonerated only on his DNA not being at the scenes of the killings. He in turn got immunity for testifying against his brother. Was it in order to save himself and his parts of this matter?

I believe you mean The Killing Season, right? The killing fields is a totally different set of cases....

I'm not sure if that's where they kept their money or not but I have heard of people keeping money in their shoes to avoid being robbed. So it could be possible.

The reason I brought the topic up is because that's one of the first places Ridgway would look after killing his victims. I've also pondered the possibility that robbery was a secondary motive in this case.

The primary motive, of course, was to kill. But perhaps he waited to strike until he knew that these ladies would have money on them. Ms. Raffo left a client to go buy drugs so undoubtedly she had cash on her. That would ratchet up the stalking angle a notch or two.

The reason I brought the topic up is because that's one of the first places Ridgway would look after killing his victims. I've also pondered the possibility that robbery was a secondary motive in this case.

The primary motive, of course, was to kill. But perhaps he waited to strike until he knew that these ladies would have money on them. Ms. Raffo left a client to go buy drugs so undoubtedly she had cash on her. That would ratchet up the stalking angle a notch or two.

Do we know if the women left with a wallet, purse, and thing of a personal nature that he could have kept as a trophy or something to steal to get $$? I never read any cases here or elsewhere, where the victim has her purse or $ left with her.

Do we know if the women left with a wallet, purse, and thing of a personal nature that he could have kept as a trophy or something to steal to get $$? I never read any cases here or elsewhere, where the victim has her purse or $ left with her.

I'm assuming here, but my guess is that these woman would've carried a handbag. Phone, makeup and items associated with the job.

In the case of the last two victims, it appears that this guy may have intercepted them before they've had a chance to return to their pimp with money. Which is why I brought up the robbery angle. - Just my opinion.

Welcome to the board, you've brought up a few interesting points. One in particular caught my attention.

Just a random thought I can't remember the case for years ago that I have researched that the SK did a continual thing to throw the LE off. Is it possible that this SK could be doing the same thing with facing them to the East?.

I recently speculated that perhaps the “heads facing east” was an attempt by this guy to point investigators in the direction of AC and away from where he actually lives. If that is the case then this guy may have been residing on the mainland at the time of these crimes.

The “heads facing east” aspect may be the most talked about point of this entire case. Well, that and the missing shoes. By pointing them towards the east it immediately draws attention to Atlantic City. Which gives this case the high degree of notoriety that it has received.

If he had disposed of the bodies more inland then he may not have garnered the media attention that this case received. Of course, if he had done that then there'd be much more suspicion that he was a local.

As always, just my opinion.

I recently speculated that perhaps the “heads facing east” was an attempt by this guy to point investigators in the direction of AC and away from where he actually lives. If that is the case then this guy may have been residing on the mainland at the time of these crimes.

The heads facing east is certainly the one aspect of this case that has made it really stand out. You speculate that the killer may have been attempting to draw focus towards AC and away from his comfort zone, and it occurred to me that the opposite could also be true, that he positioned the heads towards where he lives, so that they are forced to stare in the direction of the person who ended their lives.

In Killing Season, there were quite a few girls who left wallets, cell phones, etc behind which is what led to speculation that the perp was someone they knew and trusted enough that they'd go off with them without these items. The same could be true of the AC4 perhaps?

Someone asked what the weather was on and before Nov 19th 2006 and what the tides were in order to guesstimate how much water may have been in the drainage ditch. I did look it up and I am sorry for not posting it sooner, just been busy. Here is a link to Nov 19th, scroll down and look at "precipitation" of course. Note there was 0 that day, BUT, for the month-to-date there was 4.9 inches and it indicates the average is ONLY 2.03! The moon phases are also indicated on the right side, note that Nov 20th is a new moon, but from what I am reading that doesn't indicate the tide since it's both sun and moon. So any expert opinion on that would be appreciated:

https://www.wunderground.com/histor...reqdb.zip=08232&reqdb.magic=1&reqdb.wmo=99999

53e22a236228b.image.jpg

I'd like to correct an error that I made in an earlier post concerning this individual. I stated that he appeared in court on Oct 15th, 2016. That date may actually be the date of the article that published a video of his indictment. So I stand corrected.

With that being said there is a possibility that this individual could be considered a POI in the 2006 murders as well as the murder of Joyce Vanderhoff.

Concerning the Tara Rogers-Alicia case:

The State Medical Examiner’s Office, in consultation with a State Medical Anthropologist, determined the cause of death to be asphyxiation by strangulation, and ruled her death a homicide.

A joint investigation by the Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office Major Crimes Unit, the Egg Harbor Township Police Department, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), with the assistance of the Pleasantville Police Department, culminated in the arrest of Stallworth on August 5, 2014. Detectives arrested Stallworth without incident in Mays Landing at approximately 9:40 a.m.

http://www.gallowaytownshipnews.com/2015/07/pleasantville-man-indicted-for-murder.html

I do remember the winter of 2014 when the bodies of Tara Rogers-Alicia & Joyce Vanderhoff were discovered. One couldn't help but speculate that the person responsible for the 2006 murders was active again. Judging by the amount of resources devoted to solving the Rogers-Alicia case I'm not the only one who felt that may have been a possibility.

There has been very little information released concerning the particulars of this case and I do not know when it is scheduled to come to trial.

Here's a link to the Websleuths thread concerning Tara Rogers-Alicia.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?230901-NJ-Tara-Rogers-Alicea-30-found-dead-in-suitcase-Egg-Harbor-31-July-2013

Someone asked what the weather was on and before Nov 19th 2006 and what the tides were in order to guesstimate how much water may have been in the drainage ditch. I did look it up and I am sorry for not posting it sooner, just been busy. Here is a link to Nov 19th, scroll down and look at "precipitation" of course. Note there was 0 that day, BUT, for the month-to-date there was 4.9 inches and it indicates the average is ONLY 2.03! The moon phases are also indicated on the right side, note that Nov 20th is a new moon, but from what I am reading that doesn't indicate the tide since it's both sun and moon. So any expert opinion on that would be appreciated:

https://www.wunderground.com/histor...reqdb.zip=08232&reqdb.magic=1&reqdb.wmo=99999

I'd be interested in knowing about the tides in that ditch as well. The last victim couldn't have been in the water any more than 33 hrs. She was last seen alive at 5:00 am on Nov.19th and her body was discovered around 2:30 pm the next day (Nov. 20th).

I'd be interested in knowing about the tides in that ditch as well. The last victim couldn't have been in the water any more than 33 hrs. She was last seen alive at 5:00 am on Nov.19th and her body was discovered around 2:30 pm the next day (Nov. 20th).

Cyinical_1,
True and good thought about the tide! It could help us narrow the time Ms. Raffo was in the ditch, and explain the positioning, for example:
If we theorize for a moment that the tide is controlling the position of the bodies. High tide, all the bodies "float" free of the bottom. As the tide lowers and the water flows, say the ditch is uneven and DEEPER on the NE side, then the legs and feet would touch bottom and the top half may move with the water and end up pointing downstream a little, and end up pointing due East. If it's about a 12 hour cycle, this can prove what you have already speculated Cyinical_1, that Ms. Raffo was put in the ditch early A.M. and the Golden Key was used to block visual from the BHP. From our weather page, we also have sunrise indicated on that day at 6:46AM

I still have not been able to locate tidal records earlier than 2014. I hope someone can either find it or calculate it for us.

Cyinical_1,
True and good thought about the tide! It could help us narrow the time Ms. Raffo was in the ditch, and explain the positioning, for example:
If we theorize for a moment that the tide is controlling the position of the bodies. High tide, all the bodies "float" free of the bottom. As the tide lowers and the water flows, say the ditch is uneven and DEEPER on the NE side, then the legs and feet would touch bottom and the top half may move with the water and end up pointing downstream a little, and end up pointing due East. If it's about a 12 hour cycle, this can prove what you have already speculated Cyinical_1, that Ms. Raffo was put in the ditch early A.M. and the Golden Key was used to block visual from the BHP. From our weather page, we also have sunrise indicated on that day at 6:46AM

I still have not been able to locate tidal records earlier than 2014. I hope someone can either find it or calculate it for us.

I'm no expert on this but I do seem to remember that a body will sink in water immediately after death. I don't know if it's drowning that would cause it to sink or just death. I believe that the gases that are released when decomposition starts causes it to rise.

The question then becomes: Would a body, recently dead, float with the incoming tide?

Let me expand on my previous post about the position of the bodies. I'll preface it with a statement from Mark Meuller, author of the article on NJ.com. This is from the comments section in a blue box.

Years ago, within weeks of the murders, authorities said they did not think there was any significance to the women's heads pointing toward Atlantic City. They said it was more a matter of the tides in the drainage canal.
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2016/11/10_years_later_the_atlantic_city_serial_killer_rem.html

I won't argue that point, at least in regards to the first three bodies placed in the ditch. I do, however, question whether or not the position of body #4 was affected by the tides. If body #4 was not then, quite possibly, it was positioned that way by the killer.

As always, just my opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back