IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm honestly not attempting to be difficult, I just want to talk this through, because they went there for a reason. Yes he was punched there, apparently not hard enough to break much skin according to those who saw him the next day. So, he was punched, he was apparently still able to carry LS who was totally out of it home to his place, rather than walk down the hall and help her to her own room. Something isn't adding up for me.

The scenario as I believe it is that when LS and CR arrived to Smallwood, all heck broke loose between CR and a group of people. They may have all been loosely associated walking back from Kilroys and it came to blows in Smallwood. Or, they may have been hanging out at LS's apt with HT, they may have been hanging out at someone else's apt that LS and CR were headed to. They may even have just been waiting for the elevator when they ran into LS and CR. In any case, CR and the group have a little problem, and now CR wants to get out of Smallwood ASAP, and he leaves before getting to LS's apt. LS seems to choose to go with. I don't have an issue with it, as I think she has been clearly trying to hang out with CR all night.

Your "witness" is HT, who was not present, and therefore is not a witness. I don't think anyone disputes CR was at JR's, but it does not seem clear that they went to Sports together. I have read statements that they did not, and may not have been together throughout the time at Sports. Just saying.

JR and whomever else from JR's that gave a statement would be the witness/es
You're right about the second hand info and technically those answers are with possible friends and employees at the bar.
It seems like details from the bar scene are hard to come by.
This is suspicious to me because it is a public place.
I'll speculate that the bar owner and/or employees are just as concerned about liability as are some of the POI's.

What I'm trying to get at is who would be more likely to lawyer up for liability concerns and why.

I hope that CR and his rep are somehow assisting LE with info "under the radar" and not just laying in this BS of not remembering anything.
This is a girls life we're talking about.

The scenario as I believe it is that when LS and CR arrived to Smallwood, all heck broke loose between CR and a group of people. They may have all been loosely associated walking back from Kilroys and it came to blows in Smallwood. Or, they may have been hanging out at LS's apt with HT, they may have been hanging out at someone else's apt that LS and CR were headed to. They may even have just been waiting for the elevator when they ran into LS and CR. In any case, CR and the group have a little problem, and now CR wants to get out of Smallwood ASAP, and he leaves before getting to LS's apt. LS seems to choose to go with. I don't have an issue with it, as I think she has been clearly trying to hang out with CR all night.

Oh I believe that she was trying to hang out with CR that night, but what most worries me, is why was she so out of it after leaving Kilroy's?

IF LS was given a date rape drug, I don't believe it was given by CR. My reasoning is that if he gave her this, with the intention of raping her, why would he take her to Smallwood for that? Sure, his room mate was home, but going to SW with LS, opens up many more witnesses in case she would happen to remember anything the next day. People would likely see him going in her place, and also, she had room mates. I think the "risk" would be much much less for CR if he went to SW with only one room mate present - presumably a good friend who might stick up for him anyway (and maybe we already have proof of that loyalty). The possibility is still there for a date rape drug, but I think it would be from someone else.

Why would she go to her room if the person she wanted to party with was leaving?

It has never seemed unbelievable to me that Lauren wanted to be with CR that night.

Then why didn't she sleep with him at his place when they got there?

Based on the mycase records, at least one other good friend of JW's also lives on the fifth floor. (Not a POI)

I know who you are referencing, but can you clarify how you know him to be a "good" friend of JW's.

Also, is there a layout of Smallwood available out there that anyone can find? Not individual apartment floor plans, but how the building floors are laid out. Particularly interested in how the numbering of apartments goes as you leave the elevator lobby.

Don't think it hasn't crossed my mind that she may have - and CR just did not bother to enlighten HT of the fact.

I know who you are referencing, but can you clarify how you know him to be a "good" friend of JW's.

Because he, and others, have described their relationship in exactly those words.

I'm honestly not attempting to be difficult, I just want to talk this through, because they went there for a reason. Yes he was punched there, apparently not hard enough to break much skin according to those who saw him the next day. So, he was punched, he was apparently still able to carry LS who was totally out of it home to his place, rather than walk down the hall and help her to her own room. Something isn't adding up for me.

I can only guess...that the "welcoming committee" they ran into the 5th floor soured them for going into Lauren's apartment and they decided to go to his. Maybe they did not go there originally because MB was supposedly studying for his finals. And I don't believe that CR was either as injured or as wasted as he would like us to think. JMO...amnesia is so convenient for this particular night. No one else is claiming it, as far as I know. I really am not buying the amnesia via punch theory, but that is just me and another topic. :)

PS- I WISH I had amnesia about some of the things I did in college...but I have been able to recall some horrifying situations I put myself into since this case began with appalling clarity...and the choices I made that make it truly a miracle to be here, typing now...

How do we know she didn't? Or tried to, but he passed out? Or couldn't...perform.

I sort of meant be with in a more general sense though. I think she wanted to be near CR for some reason. My womanly instinct is telling me she liked him at that moment and was having fun flirting with him. There are other reasons why you would want to be with someone though.

I've been following along but can't remember......has there been any talk of state police conducting searches?

I've been following along but can't remember......has there been any talk of state police conducting searches?

Weren't they involved in the searching of the area north of Bloomington around Father's Day? I remember following on the scanner thread, but not sure if State or County...

Actually, she says they both went to Sports. She didn't say they went together. While that might be inferred, she has no first-hand knowledge, and it's interesting that it doesn't appear specifically on the LE timeline (I don't believe). Again, not that I think this is important, necessarily.
I admit I am not much for watching videos on a computer so I have not watched many of the police press conferences so I could very well be wrong. Has LE ever publicly admitted to LS and CR being together that night?I seam to remember on the last video of her they would not say who was with her and with CR's confrontation they would not say if LS was there.I am less sure of how they describe the video of her entering and leaving smallwood or leaving kilroys.But my thinking is they only talked about her on those videos.
I say this not to be argumentative but it has bothered me that LE will not even admit these two were together that night and maybe I am wrong and they have.

Well we don't really know what she did or didn't do when they arrived at CR's apartment, but based on the claim that MB put CR to bed it appears CR himself was pretty much out of it (if MB is to be believed).

I admit I am not much for watching videos on a computer so I have not watched many of the police press conferences so I could very well be wrong. Has LE ever publicly admitted to LS and CR being together that night?I seam to remember on the last video of her they would not say who was with her and with CR's confrontation they would not say if LS was there.I am less sure of how they describe the video of her entering and leaving smallwood or leaving kilroys.But my thinking is they only talked about her on those videos.
I say this not to be argumentative but it has bothered me that LE will not even admit these two were together that night and maybe I am wrong and they have.

It has always bugged me that LE insists on not naming the person LS is seen with. In general they haven't named names at all, but for some reason this one bugs me. I keep thinking it is because she is seen on video with someone other than CR at times, and they do not want this info to get public. But then I talk myself out of it, since they really do not name anyone at any time AFAIK.

New Spierer tweet: "It will haunt you"
http://www.wthr.com/story/15151544/new-spierer-tweet-it-will-haunt-you

On Tuesday, her family sent out a chilling Tweet on the "News On Lauren S" account that reads:

"Everywhere you go, for the rest of your life, it will follow you. In your happiest moments, it will haunt you. Do the right thing. 800-CRIME-TV."

Why is this news source attributing that particular tweet to the Spierer family???

I follow that account and it is not written by a member of the family. Is this tweet somehow different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie