Submarine Commander Faked Death to End Affair, Navy Says

LinasK

Verified insider- Mark Dribin case
Reaction score
By CHRISTINA NG (@ChristinaNg27)
Sept. 19, 2012
A Navy officer has been relieved of his duties as commander of a submarine following the discovery that he faked his own death in order to end an extramarital affair.
Navy Cmdr. Michael Ward II, 43, was dismissed from his post as the commander of the USS Pittsburgh just one week after he took command.
Ward was dismissed when Navy investigators found out that he had sent his 23-year-old girlfriend an email from a fake co-worker claiming that Ward had died, according to a report obtained by the Associated Press through a Freedom of Information Act. more at link: http://abcnews.go.com/US/submarine-...nd-affair-navy/story?id=17271127#.UFobOa5rJEM

While I see the seriousness of his crime, I had to chuckle. Just how crazy was the 23 year old that he had to make it seem he was dead to be sure she didn't make any contact? Why, oh why, do people go to such extraordinary lengths for a few minutes of fun? Perhaps chocolate and a very long cold shower would have been easier.

While I see the seriousness of his crime, I had to chuckle. Just how crazy was the 23 year old that he had to make it seem he was dead to be sure she didn't make any contact? Why, oh why, do people go to such extraordinary lengths for a few minutes of fun? Perhaps chocolate and a very long cold shower would have been easier.

He was seriously pwned

BBM

You might be right, but why are we assuming she is the crazy one? He a 43 yr old, married, Navy commander who is having an affair with a 23 yr old. My bets on that this guy didn't have big enough cahoonas to tell this girl the truth. Guys like him are usually liars and cowards.

What's ironic is that he probably broke it off with the girl because he didn't want his wife to find out. . .woops! :eek:

MOO!!!!!

BBM

You might be right, but why are we assuming she is the crazy one? He a 43 yr old, married, Navy commander who is having an affair with a 23 yr old. My bets on that this guy didn't have big enough cahoonas to tell this girl the truth. Guys like him are usually liars and cowards.

What's ironic is that he probably broke it off with the girl because he didn't want his wife to find out. . .woops! :eek:

MOO!!!!!

I so agree. I didn't mean to say it was only the 23 year olds fault. I was having a hard time laughing to myself and being angry about it, for similar reasons you stated. Yeah, this guy was just not all that together. I have no idea why I still find it funny, but I do.

If the baby died after he faked his death dodging child support might have been a factor in his decision making.

If the baby died after he faked his death dodging child support might have been a factor in his decision making.

Good thinking. I missed that part :blushing:, now none of it is funny.

How could she make contact? He had a submarine. Catch me if you can. :escape:

Mid-Life crisis? wonder if he bought a sports car too.

Hubby: He got in over his head!:floorlaugh::great::rollercoaster::takeabow::Banane30::fish:

He was sunk below reproach.

Sounds like a pretty natural response, though I have never seen it taken to this extreme....

"Honey I am pregnant."

"I am dead when my wife/the Navy find out."

He took it one step further:

"If she thinks I am dead the Navy/my wife never needs to find out."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members