GUILTY MO - Rowan Ford, 9, raped & murdered, Stella, 3 Nov 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet the step dad didn't do it alone. He couldn't have gotten back out of that sink hole alone. It might have eaten him up! I don't know how these sink holes are in MO, I haven't been here long enough I guess, but down in OK where I was from... if you got in them, they would sink in on you at times and get you! This one seemed more like a cave / sink hole though... but he was big and it seemed like it was DEEP. I don't think he could have gotten back out!!!

If they couldn't get back out, then I've got a better solution than prison. Let's just throw them down the sinkhole and fill it in.

Did anyone notice how it says "horny" as Chris' mood on his MySpace profile? I am just sickened beyond words.
And, thanks for having me...

Swannie

Welcome Swannie.
I noticed Chris's mood....if Chris had a computer, which he most likely did since he has a myspage page. I hope LE confiscates it and takes a good look at everything Chris has looked up on the net.

i think we need to have a death by public stoning or hanging in MO. i mean, this is ozark and hillbilly country anyway :)

we could AT LEAST change it for this case.
I agree. These 2 's should suffer greatly before dying. :furious::furious::furious:

This doesn't sound like much of a blackout to me ...

http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/local_story_315234942.html?start:int=15

Copeland said Sunday that David Spears has told investigators that he discovered Rowan missing before he called his mother.

“He said he knew Chris (Collings) would have her (Rowan),” Copeland said.

He said Spears has said that after borrowing his mother’s car, he drove to Collings’ travel trailer, where he alleged that he found Collings raping the girl.

------
“We had three different cadaver dogs hit on (Myrna Spears’) car,” Copeland said. “We know the body was in there at some point.”

So, instead of murdering the SOB for taking and raping his step daughter, he decided to join in?!? What a piece of !

Does anyone know what these losers did for a living? Did they actually work?

Does anyone know what these losers did for a living? Did they actually work?

No actual jobs - not full time, just here and there. Last project was helping to build a barn on a private farm - both of them

That got me to thinkin' ... If she went there to give him the car and not to babysit Rowan ... why didn't he drop her off at home after she gave him the car? Supposedly she lived close by.

Why did she sit there for hours watching TV?

In case Rowan's mom called, is my guess...

I can't remember the last time I personally wanted to hurt someone as bad as I do these two animals. I also can't remember the last time I wanted someone to burn in Hell so bad.

Funeral services for Rowan Ford will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Gospel Lighthouse Church in Neosho. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Clark Funeral Home in Neosho, where the family will receive friends from 5 to 7 p.m. A memorial fund has been established. Donations may be made at any Hometown Bank.
Donations may be mailed to ...

Hometown Bank
1285 S Neosho Blvd
PO Box 510
Neosho, Mo 64850
(Please mark such donations as being for the Rowan Ford fund)

Flowers, Cards, etc, may be sent to...
Clark Funeral Homes
312 S Wood Street.
Neosho, Mo.
417-451-2345

Not sure I should post the donation info but if you would like to send a card the info is above. If this is a violation, some one please advise and I will edit if required.

This article isn't worth much but one of the comments attached afterwards is very interesting:

http://neoshodailynews.com/articles/2007/11/11/news/02brother.txt

third comment "ex-collings" - don't know if it is for real but would not surprise me if it is true.
I believe it. These people sound like a pack of animals. If this is an ex-wife, why did he stay with him for nine years allowing him to beat her and her children and now complain that he doesn't see the children? You would think that she would be thankful that he was out of their lives.

Also, from the arrest warrant, it says that David Spears is 5'8" and weighs 370 pounds. :eek:

These guys are not afraid or covering for anyone. They were probably drunk and/or drugged out of their minds. I hope that they get the death sentence.

ETA: I bet that this poor little girl was abused before. How did David Spears instantly know that Rowan was over at Chris' house?? Instead of being enraged, he decides to join in and rape and murder his stepdaughter...What scum...

Welcome Swannie-I appreciate your heartfelt post. I am a single parent, survivor of a very difficult marriage and scorched earth divorce. I have small children and let me pass along my philosophy regarding companionship...my children are first second and third in my life. I am a big grownup who can manage my feelings and my loneliness when it happens-what is the big rush to bring someone new into your life out of desperation? There is no one that I have spent time with that I have even mentioned to my children, much less introduced them to. Why confuse them-my adult life is separate from my life as a parent for now and I would rather maintain that until they are teens. Be skeptical and be cautious when it comes to the people who touch your children's lives!!!!!!! You have to keep them safe-it is your responsibility and your job.

Thanks for the welcome, believe09. I appreciate your post as well for it's so true. I've been fortunate. My Mother married my Step-Father when I was 7 yrs old and he was the best father figure I could possibly have. He treated my brother and I as his kids. They remained married until his death 21 years later. Yes, I've been blessed. There are a lot of step-parents (both men and women) who mistreat their spouses children. I wonder why this is? A child is a child, regardless of whose child it is. Common sense has seem to have fallen by the wayside these days. How sad. :(

Glad to see you posting Swannie. Did you know Tybee when she lived in MO?

Yes, arielilane, I did. I met the Harrisons shortly after my fiance and I started dating back in Nov. 2001. We were sad to see Craig and Joyce move to Tybee Island when they did, but looked forward to their visits back to MO.

Welcome Swannie.
I noticed Chris's mood....if Chris had a computer, which he most likely did since he has a myspage page. I hope LE confiscates it and takes a good look at everything Chris has looked up on the net.

Thanks for the welcome, philamena. I wonder if LE will indeed confiscate Chris' computer as well as David's. Surely, one would think so...no? I also wonder if LE even knows he was on MySpace?

Swannie

I cant even fathom the horrific evening that sweet little girl endured at the hands of those beasts.. It brings me to tears thinking of her last moments, the pain and terror she must have been feeling. And knowing she had to look at one of those two animals as she took her last breaths.. there is no justice for this. no child should endure this kind of abuse. Dragging these 2 behind a vehicle across, broken glass, barbed wire, cactus etc until there is no trace of them is not even close to what they should endure for the crimes that they committed against this dear little girl.
Her photos.. she looks so resigned, and sad.. I can only think that they will find this wasnt the first time she was abused. I pray that she is free and finds some peace now. There are so many of these lost little angels now.. its so sad to think of all of those children.. and of all those still enduring such horrors daily.

Yes, arielilane, I did. I met the Harrisons shortly after my fiance and I started dating back in Nov. 2001. We were sad to see Craig and Joyce move to Tybee Island when they did, but looked forward to their visits back to MO.

Swannie
Thank you for your reply Swannie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members