GUILTY MO - Rowan Ford, 9, raped & murdered, Stella, 3 Nov 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is Rowan's mother stating in all of this? I'm thinking it's about time these parents start being held accountable for not protecting their children. This case just sends me through the roof...I'm mad as hell...

I believe it. These people sound like a pack of animals. If this is an ex-wife, why did he stay with him for nine years allowing him to beat her and her children and now complain that he doesn't see the children? You would think that she would be thankful that he was out of their lives.

Also, from the arrest warrant, it says that David Spears is 5'8" and weighs 370 pounds. :eek:

These guys are not afraid or covering for anyone. They were probably drunk and/or drugged out of their minds. I hope that they get the death sentence.

ETA: I bet that this poor little girl was abused before. How did David Spears instantly know that Rowan was over at Chris' house?? Instead of being enraged, he decides to join in and rape and murder his stepdaughter...What scum...

nanandjim.

Good to see you.

As to Spears and Collings - they knew each other well. Collings is reported to have been living with Spears up until 2 months ago...I'd say they had a good understanding of each other.

What is Rowan's mother stating in all of this? I'm thinking it's about time these parents start being held accountable for not protecting their children. This case just sends me through the roof...I'm mad as hell...

Thats exactly what my mom says. She feels like the mothers should also be punished.

nanandjim.

Good to see you.

As to Spears and Collings - they knew each other well. Collings is reported to have been living with Spears up until 2 months ago...I'd say they had a good understanding of each other.
ok, THAT'S IT GUYS!
my hinky meter has been going off this entire time.

1) why didn't the mom CALL SOMEONE before 6PM? OK, she doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed, but come on. Some might say MAYBE the stepdad might have been abusive, cohersive, a drunk, or whatever, but as a mom - i'm telling you, that for most women - you can do whatever you want to ME, but NOT to my baby... if he had said ANYTHING hinky, she should have been... BS, give me the phone I'm calling LE.
2) Why, when LE's cadavar dogs was hitting on the car that the stepfather's mom owned, did they NOT arrest HER right away? WTF?

I bet you that this abuse was going on long before the night of this rape and murder. If Spears mother says "I hope it wasn't who I think it was" to local news, I wonder if she was talking about Collins. If so, I wonder if they truely did suspect that something was happening to Rowan before he moved out. Furthermore - I wonder if they KNEW that something was happening to poor Rowan and ignored it! Let's just AMUSE the stepdad and say that what he says was true - he knew that when Rowan was gone, Collin's had kidnapped her. So he went to the trailer, where Collin's was in the process of violating the child. That makes me think that EVERYONE in that damned house - MOM, STEPDAD - both knew that Collin's was probably habitually violating the child when he was in the house. How else did he know? How did he just "become enlightened??" Or at least, Spears KNEW that he (Collins) was at risk for doing so (kidnapping, raping - Rowan).
Then the Grandma - she knew what was going on too and is just playing blind. I don't believe a minute of her crap.
Let's just stick them all in jail.
Up until now I have been thinking that the mom is an innocent. I am starting to NOT feel that way as time is going on. I am starting to feel that maybe, just maybe, SHE HAD TO HAVE KNOWN THAT SOMETHING WAS GOING ON. ESPECIALLY IF COLLINS WAS LIVING IN THE HOUSE UNTIL RECENTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry, you can't live with two baby muderers and not know that something is seriously amiss. :furious:

IMOO, I wont blame the mom just yet. I know most will say this would never happen to my baby etc.. but the fact is you cant watch your children 24/7, sorry just not possible. For the time being, until LE says other, I feel for this woman. Again JMO

I too have felt "uncomfortable" with Rowan's mom, I cannot pin it down, it is just there.

I have been deeply affected by this case. I have an 8 year old daughter. I have had a really hard time getting to sleep at night and find myself in tears at the thought of the suffering of sweet Rowan.

This is the exact point where my faith hits a brick wall. I cannot for the life of me understand how a loving God could let this happen to an innocent child. I also know that her case is one of many and that just makes it worse.

I think that demons can possess a soul, if we "allow" it to. I sense a demon in these perps, a nasty, brutal, repulsive demon. It scares me to death. It makes me think that anyone could be there, dancing with the devil. I have heard many times about mothers that "had no idea" that anything was going on as their daughter (or sons) were being brutalized. It makes me question my own husband, my children's biological father. Gitana1's post was spot on, profound and should be written in stone (IMO) (http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1786249&postcount=120). It breaks my heart that men cannot step up and take care of the children they bring into the world but then leave them at the mercy of animals. Single mothers are left alone, hungry and don't have the inner strength, resources or support necessary to stand up and protect their children at all costs. In order to provide a home and food for them, they are forced to intrust their children, sometimes to virtual strangers, sometimes to predators. We must support these mothers in all ways, in any way, to protect these innocent children. There are some deep fundamental changes that must take place in our society before we see an end to this brutality.

I have prayed for a touch on my heart. A touch that tells me that Rowan was not "there" that night, that she was mercifully taken away and was in the arms of an angel. I have begged God to bring me peace so that I can continue to put one foot in front of the other.

I became involved with WS because of Maddie and I honestly don't have the constitution for this. I don't want to read about these horrors. I would rather be ignorant. I cannot bear it, the pain is too great.

That said, I know that once the Maddie McCann case has reached it's finality, I will be gone from here. But, I have been profoundly changed.

Thanks for letting me vent and write this down, it is cathartic.

You are all wonderfully strong and determined people. We NEED you, we would perish without you.

~peace

(((((Heather)))):blowkiss: :blowkiss: Please stay after Maddie is done, you are so respected here, But do understand if you dont...

Why is it this case seems particularly awful? I've been thinking about this poor girl so much.

The way I see it - stepdad left a little girl home asleep to go drinking with buddies, buddy decides that little girl is home along and defenseless and he'll just kidnap and rape her, stepdad gets home - sees Rowan gone - knows where she is (probably b/c buddy talked about his plan anyway - otherwise how would you know?? Or worse - stepdad had already talked about previously abusing Rowan and buddy thought he could too) and stepdad goes to find Rowan. Except when he finds her, he joins in - figuring they'll make it all better by killing her.

Then - when his wife is crazy looking for her daughter, he's playing dumb. I really do want a few minutes alone with these guys and a waterboard.

IMOO, I wont blame the mom just yet. I know most will say this would never happen to my baby etc.. but the fact is you cant watch your children 24/7, sorry just not possible. For the time being, until LE says other, I feel for this woman. Again JMO

Seems to me, of the cases I have followed, there is always an element that happened prior to the event that could have have been viewed as a sign of something wrong. The question becomes, how good of a mind reader is each individual ?

The girl's Mother more than likely would have definitely prevented this if she had a thought it could have happened - I seriously doubt she wanted any of this. I'm not much for blame except for those arrested. If this Mother had some clue of the future - she will suffer dearly for it. Quess I don't understand this condemnation of the girl's Mother without a knowledge of the circumstances...seems petty to me.

Seems to me, of the cases I have followed, there is always an element that happened prior to the event that could have have been viewed as a sign of something wrong. The question becomes, how good of a mind reader is each individual ?

The girl's Mother more than likely would have definitely prevented this if she had a thought it could have happened - I seriously doubt she wanted any of this. I'm not much for blame except for those arrested. If this Mother had some clue of the future - she will suffer dearly for it. Quess I don't understand this condemnation of the girl's Mother without a knowledge of the circumstances...seems petty to me.

raisincharlie,

it is not about condemnation, it's about fear.

If this mother (or any mother) cannot "see" the potential destruction of her child then none of us can and we are all potential victims, all of our children are at risk.

It is entirely human for us to question, to hope that maybe something else was going on, maybe there was duplicity.

None of us want to admit we are so at risk.

P.S. Thanks for the hug Indy....I needed that! :blowkiss:

If this mother (or any mother) cannot "see" the potential destruction of her child then none of us can and we are all potential victims, all of our children are at risk.
IMO no one is safe from this happening...

raisincharlie,

it is not about condemnation, it's about fear.

It is entirely human for us to question, to hope that maybe something else was going on, maybe there was duplicity.

None of us want to admit we are so at risk.

P.S. Thanks for the hug Indy....I needed that! :blowkiss:

Cognitive dissonance is the technical term for what you described. It happens a lot - it's why we ask what a rape victim was wearing or how much she drank - because we dress differently or don't get drunk. Or when a child is taken from their front yard - we automatically think that parent doesn't watch their child.

I will say that I would be rocked to my core if my husband was a pervert with children. And I simply could not believe it - and there would have to be some really overt signs because my mind would probably just be in disbelief. However, there have probably been other women that have felt just the same...

Cognitive dissonance is the technical term for what you described. It happens a lot - it's why we ask what a rape victim was wearing or how much she drank - because we dress differently or don't get drunk. Or when a child is taken from their front yard - we automatically think that parent doesn't watch their child.

I will say that I would be rocked to my core if my husband was a pervert with children. And I simply could not believe it - and there would have to be some really overt signs because my mind would probably just be in disbelief. However, there have probably been other women that have felt just the same...
Great post!!! Sad but these days we have to watch all people around our children. My baby to be is going to live a very sheltered life due to this forum. We have to watch our husbands, Bfs, even our own dads and granddads. Sad world we live in now days.

Oh, I think this crime was a while in the making as well-but I think it was planned...perhaps in part revenge for Collings being given the boot 2 months prior? Either because of Rowan and what she may have experienced with him, or because these two "boys" were separated. I think that Collings took Rowan in Spears car-that they knew they couldn't leave the house empty just in case Rowan's mom called, that Spears called his mom and said-I need your car, Collings has Rowan-answer the phone if *advertiser censored* calls, will ya? And then off he went into the night to not only brutalize his stepdaughter, but to wrap the blind cord and pull it so tight she was lifted from the bed...(didn't I read that somewhere?) He convinced his wife not to call police as long as he could with his silly story of "she is at a friends and I don't know who". As soon as Mom found out that he had his mom sit, she gave him the boot because in her heart she knew he was involved...I do not cast blame on Rowan's mom until something says otherwise-she is going to spend every waking moment of her life playing "what if."

Great post!!! Sad but these days we have to watch all people around our children. My baby to be is going to live a very sheltered life due to this forum. We have to watch our husbands, Bfs, even our own dads and granddads. Sad world we live in now days.

It's also the reason that if hubby and I should ever get divorced - I won't remarry and will not have a man at the house if my kids are there. Too much risk and not worth it for me.

It's also the reason that if hubby and I should ever get divorced - I won't remarry and will not have a man at the house if my kids are there. Too much risk and not worth it for me.
totally agree!!!!

Ah, Colomom, I wish I could reach out and give you a hug! :blowkiss: I suspect there are a lot of us here that know exactly how you are feeling right now. I posted the other night that this case was going to give me a migraine....and it did. I got up to go to church yesterday morning, washed my hair, went to reach for the conditioner; and I couldn't see it. Sometimes, I get vision loss prior to a migraine - it comes back in about 30 minutes along with a Jimmi Hendrix style black-light show! I am just now recovering from the miserable headache I got. I also understand your questioning of God. Been there, done that. I don't want to hijack the thread, but HE answerd and got me through it. I think it is important that someone cares enough to be sick and ill over the evil that is responsible for this case and others like it. I know that there is a battle between good and evil in this world, and it is critical that someone cares. With all of that said, I also think there IS something a bit different about this case. Let's not confuse the fact that there are TWO mothers involved. Rowan's mother who was at work when the crime was committed, but didn't report her missing for hours upon returning home. Then there is Spears mother, who comes over in the middle of the night with a vehicle (which latter transported her little body), while she did God only knows what - EXCEPT check on Rowan. If there is another arrest in this case, it will be Spears mother. She should be held accountable, because she HAD to know something was going on. Rowan's mother is pathetic on many levels, but the more I read about Rowan's life leading up to this crime, the more upset I get with her mother. If my child got up to WALK to school and church that early every morning, I would be asking her and myself WHY. She HAD to know that Rowan was unhappy. Also, if you go to the adult daughter's website, she makes statements about being so unhappy at home, and glad to be away. Rowan's mother did not run a happy household. She was obviously not wealthy, and she was working to support herself, Rowan, and apparently several loosers. Money isn't necessary, however, to keep your home happy and safe - I know because I grew up in a poor household, that was relatively safe and happy. Anyone who had ever harmed me would have suffered the wrath of my Mother. I am certain Rowan suffered that night - how could she not? I am equally certain that Rowan is in a better place and those who brought this evil into her life will suffer for eternity beyond anything that we can imagine. Almost makes me want to go to Hell to watch them burn.

I can't remember the last time I personally wanted to hurt someone as bad as I do these two animals. I also can't remember the last time I wanted someone to burn in Hell so bad.

Honey,
Don't forget Chester Stiles....:sick:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members