GUILTY MO - Rowan Ford, 9, raped & murdered, Stella, 3 Nov 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
except 'patience' is alive and this one was brutally murdered, and tossed aside like trash....

A few interesting tidbits in this story:

http://www.neoshodailynews.com/articles/2007/11/12/news/01coroner.txt

David Spears told investigators he and a man named Nathan went to Wheaton to take Collings home, then went to buy more beer. The other man then took Spears back to the Spears home in Stella around midnight.

"David said he came in, checked Rowan's room and found she was gone," Copeland said. "He said he knew Chris had gotten her and taken her to his house. He got there, and Chris was raping her. He raped her too. Then they thought they would be in trouble, so they killed her and threw her in a hole."

According to the Newton County Coroner (former sheriff) Spears was riding around with him looking for Rowan. From the above it seems to me that at a minimum - David Spears knew of something that had happened in the past to make him think Collings had taken Rowan - or something was said earlier before they took Collings home. No other reason Spears would automatically think Collings had taken the girl. IMO

Interesting that Spears had a child of his own...

IMO no one is safe from this happening...

I strongly disagree. Many of us are married to men of character who live lives of sobriety and dignity and would never behave in this fashion.

There is an element of our society that lead lives of chaos, fueled by alcohol, drugs, and *advertiser censored*. They drift in and out of friends homes. The women are not smart enough or sober enough to keep their children separate from these men. Adult male friends are treated like family...The children become an easy target when left alone in their care...The mothers are only too happy to get the free babysitting.

This is a crime that starts out by the perversion of the mind, and any instinctual disgust is overrun by lust and intoxication.

A few interesting tidbits in this story:

http://www.neoshodailynews.com/articles/2007/11/12/news/01coroner.txt
According to the Newton County Coroner (former sheriff) Spears was riding around with him looking for Rowan. From the above it seems to me that at a minimum - David Spears knew of something that had happened in the past to make him think Collings had taken Rowan - or something was said earlier before they took Collings home. No other reason Spears would automatically think Collings had taken the girl. IMO

Interesting that Spears had a child of his own...

Alternatively, the first attack happened in Rowan's room (hence the sheet missing), and Spears knew exactly who took her and where and just needed Mom's car to dispose of the body (thereby no trace evidence or cadaver dogs hitting on his own car).

That story just doesn't make sense... they tooks Collings home and on the way back to Spears' stopped for beer... so, Collings decided to what... jump in his car, snatch Rowan and take her back to his trailer? All this before Spears made it back home? If Grandma was there watching over Rowan... what, she just let Collings take her?

That story just doesn't make sense... they tooks Collings home and on the way back to Spears' stopped for beer... so, Collings decided to what... jump in his car, snatch Rowan and take her back to his trailer? All this before Spears made it back home? If Grandma was there watching over Rowan... what, she just let Collings take her?

Step-Grandma didn't go there until after the Step-Father arrived home (and apparently found Rowan missing). He called her after he'd been out drinking so he could borrow her car. It's pretty obvious that Rowan was missing by then.

I think that this is one of the most disgusting cases that I've ever read about.

and so close to home, too. :(

Alternatively, the first attack happened in Rowan's room (hence the sheet missing), and Spears knew exactly who took her and where and just needed Mom's car to dispose of the body (thereby no trace evidence or cadaver dogs hitting on his own car).

I have been wondering why the sheet would be missing from her room because it simply does not appear to match up with this story. The alternative is Collings tied her up with it so he could transport her to his camper.

I am also wondering why Spears didn't tell his own mother Rowan was missing when he called to get her suburban - did he and Collings already have a plan ? Spears DL was revoked tdue to a DWI - no license but mommy lends him a vehicle anyhow? Did he tell his Mother he was going to get her because Collings took her- so she didn't bother to check on the little girl and his Mother knew when it was reported Rowan was missing that both Spears and Collings were up to no good and she said or did nothing ? Why wouldn't he just call the cops to accompany him to Collings' place if he suspected Collings took Rowan ?

The whole thing stinks - Spears cannot be believed I think.

I think it's suspicious that Spears must have been pretty confident that his mother would not check on Rowan, find out she was missing and call the police. I bet he told his mother that Rowan was spending the night with someone, and his mother didn't want to admit he'd said that when Rowan was finally reported missing.

I strongly disagree. Many of us are married to men of character who live lives of sobriety and dignity and would never behave in this fashion.
I have read to many cases to think this way, IMOO Not always are drugs and booze the cases, but sick men and sick minds

ETA but you are right in a way some of us dont have to worry about our husbands. But withthat said there is always at least one bad guy everyone knows, IMOO. Do a search of how many SO there are and those are the ones registered. My point was you never know who is in your kids life who may harm them, unless you keep your child locked in their rooms 24/7. heck noadays the perps are in schools and are even the kids peers.

There was no reason for the step-grandmother to stay at the house other than to watch the child....but why would he bother to ask her to "sit" when she already thought he had left the child alone all evening anyway? I think I agree with the theory that she was left there in case the mother happened to call.

The step-grandmother has more information. She has to.

This article provides an explanation as to how Rowan was found - the time of the events.

However - page 2 of this article contains information concerning Rowan's condition when she was found

IT IS GRAPHIC and not pleasant - read at your own risk:

http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/local_story_316202605.html

Both of these animals were arraigned this morning in Barry County. Both have plead Not Guilty but will be held in custody without bond, both are on suicide watch. Prelim date not yet set but forthcoming

IMO both men started it not just the one like they are saying. Why do I think so? Because why would the SD one come in and join in and then kill her and also why were her sheets gone. I think this started at her house and moved to the other mans house. Also it keeps stating it started at night and went in the morning, accourding to reports that doesnt fit with spears story of 130 going and finding her.

This story makes me have the taste of bile in my throat, and I really, really, need to see these two men suffer - terribly. I am so angry, so sick, and so sad for Rowan. God bless her little soul. I am going to be even more vigilant for future Rowan's.....they are out there as we speak.

I agree. This started at her home first then continued at the trailer. So where are the sheets now?

This article provides an explanation as to how Rowan was found - the time of the events.

However - page 2 of this article contains information concerning Rowan's condition when she was found

IT IS GRAPHIC and not pleasant - read at your own risk:

http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/local_story_316202605.html

Both of these animals were arraigned this morning in Barry County. Both have plead Not Guilty but will be held in custody without bond, both are on suicide watch. Prelim date not yet set but forthcoming

http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071113/BREAKING01/71113026

OK, I've heard it all now. These men have pleaded NOT GUILTY!!! :behindbar So, does this mean a lengthy trial at our cost? What is this world coming to?! UGH!!

There is a lot of talk about how the Joplin Globe (link above in quote) has stepped over the line in detailing how Rowan Ford was found and the condition of her body. It is a graphic article; however, it is also the truth. What do you think? Should these details have been left out?

Swannie

http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071113/BREAKING01/71113026

OK, I've heard it all now. These men have pleaded NOT GUILTY!!! :behindbar So, does this mean a lengthy trial at our cost? What is this world coming to?! UGH!!

There is a lot of talk about how the Joplin Globe (link above in quote) has stepped over the line in detailing how Rowan Ford was found and the condition of her body. It is a graphic article; however, it is also the truth. What do you think? Should these details have been left out?

Swannie

Personally, I think the Globe went a bit too far at this time- for one reason only - I don't want a slick defense lawyer to try and get a change of venue. I want this trial to stay in SW Mo. What the Globe printed is going to come out sooner or later...

I don't think they "crossed the line", the truth is the truth. Stuff was written about what happened to Jessica Lunsford and it didn't hurt the case any. It just makes people more angry than they already are and maybe more motived to get some laws changed.

I am no prude, but there is no need to publish the details of the state she was found in. Not unlike on this board, we have to be mindful of the chance that someone from her family will read harsh, unedited statements. I don't need anyone drawing me a verbal picture of what happened to Rowan physically after she was raped by two adult men...it is a no brainer. It's bad enough they tossed her away because they were afraid they would "get in trouble." Please don't check their IQ's-I am fearful they won't meet the minimum required by the Supreme Court to be given the DP.

Swannie
Good, now I am just WAITING for my turn to be called to jury duty!! ***eyes rolling***
i thought these jerks confessed? WTF? how can you confess then say not guilty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail