NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were told no heat ,running water or electric was on.They did not even try the light switch or try the water which would have easily proved what was going on.If CPS took their job so seriously who do so many children die who moms and dads have been reported.Maybe some do but I have seen it first hand and I know better.

And I have seen first hand very dedicated CPS agents in several counties in NC who do their best to protect the children.

You can not lump "most" CPS agents into your county's standards of Social Workers. I would ventrure to say "most" do give a da#m or they wouldn't have gotten a BA or a MA in that field. Your statement isn't a fair assessment. Sorry.

It is a very fair assessment.I saw 2 children living worse then I would allow a dog to live tried to get them help and they did nothing for those children I guess when they earned thier degree they forgot how to flip a light switch.Oh we tried to help those kids with food clothing helped where we could.The son was in trouble for arson as a teen then wound up in prison,the daughter started making *advertiser censored* movies at 18 with her mom living off the money the daughter made.Saw her 4 years after she left our neighborhood.She bragged how her new van was paid for by her daughters movies also how her daughter paid her rent.

ALOT of CPS agents take their jobs VERY seriously. Actually, I think more do than don't. But there are limits that even the goods can reach when no one is willing to speak up & children that are willing to tell the truth.
Interesting reply because directly under your views is
mikesmom saying this:
Yes they show up but most just don't give a da#m .We reported her many times nothing was ever done.They never even turned on a light switch to see if eclectic was on and it was not .Kids bathing by a stolen hose late at night in dead of winter.We gave up not on the children but the system.It was so heartbreaking .

BLACK AN WHITE RESPONCES:
Since I do not know the child's services arena...it makes my head spin.
It is a question of different states have better services? :waitasec:

I hate that smirk on his face. To me that look says "you aren't going to hang this murder on me...I'm to smart." The mother looks like she is coming down from something.

Looks like there may be remnants of a black eye on the left side...

From my experience CPS has their hands tied. Unless there is physical signs of abuse there is not much they can do. If the child looks healthy and there are no bruises, what can they do! Educate on proper parenting and house keeping skills, then hope it made a difference.

Ultimately my issue isn't w a five-week vs two-day stay anyway... my issue is w any unsupervised visits when AD had done nothing to merit this trust or responsibilities.

As I've said, there would never have been an issue of sudden "threats" or "having no authority to get her back," or "having their hands tied," etc had Shaniya never been permitted to go there in the first place. She hadn't changed her ways, she didn't have a stable place to live and even her sister's dive was being evicted--and evacuated! AD's visits needed to be supervised. Period.
:parrot:

From a Fayetteville Observer reporter:

FO_Needham Fayetteville Police Chief Tom Bergamine said the Shaniya Davis Task Force is still following several leads in the case this afternoon.
about 1 hour ago from web

Maybe she did report it repeatably,behind her brothers back who knows.If they are like NJ CPS she probably did and they failed the child. But the DAD is the biggest failure of all.HE FAILED HER HE SENT HER BACK WHERE SHE WAS NOT SAFE.Funny thing is I see him on TV and he does not seem to have a care in the world.
BBM only replying to the bold part.
I agree that he did send her into the eye of the storm.
BUT, BUT, BUT.......
I see him on TV too and he is hurting bad for sure.

He is evasive, he is self protecting, he is not saying anything like OH God if only I had not sent her there,
I wish , I wish, I wish I did not, it is a decision I will always regret....
He is not doing that. :(

Thank You! What she did not say spoke volumes. Without a doubt she loved that baby.

Didn't mention BL and seem to address parents not having a blind eye.IMO seemed to be directly talking to someone.What she said about ill feelings and to soon to forgive,said alot.:twocents:

BBM only replying to the bold part.
I agree that he did send her into the eye of the storm.
BUT, BUT, BUT.......
I see him on TV too and he is hurting bad for sure.

He is evasive, he is self protecting, he is not saying anything like OH God if only I had not sent her there,
I wish , I wish, I wish I did not, it is a decision I will always regret....
He is not doing that. :(

Moo,most people feel guilty when their child is murdered,even if its so out their control,not BL seems like he's watching his words,especially concerning AD.JMO

From my experience CPS has their hands tied. Unless there is physical signs of abuse there is not much they can do. If the child looks healthy and there are no bruises, what can they do! Educate on proper parenting and house keeping skills, then hope it made a difference.

He could not get the other 3 kids...AND maybe sister could not take full custody...Just saying. Was she a single mom? did she have to work? (I know she lost her job a year ago).But prior to loss of job... Could she count on Brother or would she have to take him to court for support?
We do not know why Sis didn't get her.
HE COULD NOT GET HER, he already lost 3 VIA a Court order.

I have to ask you all to listen to the 911 call again and tell me what you think. TIA

Ultimately my issue isn't w a five-week vs two-day stay anyway... my issue is w any unsupervised visits when AD had done nothing to merit this trust or responsibilities.

As I've said, there would never have been an issue of sudden "threats" or "having no authority to get her back," or "having their hands tied," etc had Shaniya never been permitted to go there in the first place. She hadn't changed her ways, she didn't have a stable place to live and even her sister's dive was being evicted--and evacuated! AD's visits needed to be supervised. Period.
:parrot:
I totally agree. But lets just say they denied AD. AD could have just went there and taken her, there would be nothing anyone could do to prevent it.
It takes a lot of money to fight a custody battle, especially against a mother.
JMHO

It is a very fair assessment.I saw 2 children living worse then I would allow a dog to live tried to get them help and they did nothing for those children I guess when they earned thier degree they forgot how to flip a light switch.Oh we tried to help those kids with food clothing helped where we could.The son was in trouble for arson as a teen then wound up in prison,the daughter started making *advertiser censored* movies at 18 with her mom living off the money the daughter made.Saw her 4 years after she left our neighborhood.She bragged how her new van was paid for by her daughters movies also how her daughter paid her rent.

Fair assessment on THAT particular case? Certainly. All cases and all CPS agents? Definitely not.

Interesting reply because directly under your views is
mikesmom saying this:
Yes they show up but most just don't give a da#m .We reported her many times nothing was ever done.They never even turned on a light switch to see if eclectic was on and it was not .Kids bathing by a stolen hose late at night in dead of winter.We gave up not on the children but the system.It was so heartbreaking .

BLACK AN WHITE RESPONCES:
Since I do not know the child's services arena...it makes my head spin.
It is a question of different states have better services? :waitasec:

Not sure what you are implying to me with this statement.

From the prison's website; looks like they are trained to handle prisoners with addiction/withdrawal and monitoring life of unborn child.

The North Carolina Correctional Institution for Women (NCCIW), in Raleigh, is the state's major correctional facility for women. It houses the largest inmate population in the state and serves as the support facility for the state's other six female prisons. The campus-style facility sits on 30 acres of a 190-acre tract of state land in southeast Raleigh.

NCCIW houses female inmates all custody levels and control statuses including death row, maximum, close, medium, minimum and safekeepers. It provides the primary medical, mental and alcohol and chemical dependency treatment for female inmates.

The facility operates a diagnostic center that serves as the point of entry into the prison system for all women sentenced as felons. Upon arrival, inmates undergo a series of diagnostic evaluations that will determine future prison assignments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa